Healthy Eating Diary again, updated

I'm going to share my egg with my partner so half an egg wont be as bad :)

Yesterday:

Breakfast - cinnamon & raison bagel with jam

lunch - ham & lite cream cheese sandwich

Dinner - small sausage & chips (chip shop)

Snacks - Jaffa bar & cadbury's 1/2 fat choc trifle

(haven't added calories up yet but dont think i'm far off 1450)

Have a great Easter everyone :D

Today:

breakfast - 2 slices toast with marmalade

Lunch - ham and cream cheese sarnie

Dinner - roast pork, roast potatoes, yorkshire and veg

Snacks - chocolate easter egg

yesterday:

Breakfast - porridge with tsp honey & tsp jam with half skimmed milk/water

Lunch - wholegrain sarnie with chicken & salad

Dinner - spag bowl with parmesan

Snacks - piece of banana & ginger cake (homemade) and rest of egg (my half of egg only lasted 2 days oh well at least it's all gone now)

Realised my biggest addiction is chocolate!

Had a few days off as cant seem to stay on course and needed to look at my diet.
So i have decided 1450 cals is to low for me to keep to, so i am going to try 1650 and hope for half a pound loss a week (maybe more if i up excercise), hoping this will be a way of eating for life not just shot term, the more i choose low cal foods the more i feel hungry so the conclusion i've come to is to up the calories slightly and eat healthy but have the occasional snack (stopping the craving for what i want) and not relying on low cal processed snacks with no substance and full of artificial sweetners, i plan to cook 3 meals a day (when possible) homemade with organic whole foods and cakes & desserts from scratch (not cutting corners on taste) and the occasional processed snack when i get the urge!

Thanks, i tried weight watchers a few times but kept going over my points (no will power) and seem to do the same on calorie counting (only by 100 or so), so thats why going to try upping cals just a bit for a few weeks and see if i still lose.
I'm hoping to get near my goal by sept as going on a cruise and want to look fab and i no i'll put on weight as all the food is included :eek:
What foods dont you count on ww?
If i dont seem to lose in a few weeks might try gi diet as i lost on that diet before but couldn't keep to it.

Today:

Breakfast - fruit & bran flakes with semi skimmed milk (250)

Lunch - egg & cress wholemeal sarnie (350)

Dinner - roast chicken thigh with roast poatatoes and green beans and baby carrots - self saucing lemon sponge (750)

Snacks - toast and peanut butter (140) - raw fruit bar (120)

Hiya Poppy..I have been on the Harcombe Diet now for a few weeks, and although I know I dont have lots to lose, I dont want to start buying new clothes, I just want my old ones to fit, anyway, I think its the best way of eating ever, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Its just based on real food, really, and not processed, etc., theres alot to read about it on internet and on youtube too.. I found it when browsing once, and I wouldn't go back to any other way

Good luck whichever you choose !

Thanks, will have to investigate that one as never heard of it before, wont start anything new now till after me holiday next week, off to butlins for 5 days :D going to try to be good as brekkie and dinner included (hoping there will be some healthy choices like salad & fruit)

Enjoy your holiday ! I would say you deserve it..catch you later....

Had a look online and ordered the harcombe diet book and recipe book from the library, looks interesting and may give it a go, my only concern would be increasing protein over carbs, i thought to much protein/fats are bad for your heart etc, and the right carbs (brown rice, pasta bread) are good for you! but it def makes sense not to combine as quite heavy on digestion to break both down, so that makes sense. Similar to a food combining diet, will upate when i have read the book :)

Today:

Breakfast - 2 grilled bacon, egg, mushrooms & tomatoes

:)Lunch - ate out and had chilli con carne jacket spud

Dinner - salmon fillet with salad

Snacks - hot choc drink & some thorntons choc (they were half price)

Today:

breakfast - 2 slices toast with butter and marmalade

Lunch - 2 egg omelette with large salad

Dinner - brown rice pasta with ratatoui

Snack - 2 rice cakes with choc spread and a wheatfree choc brownie

Went to my granddaughters christening yesterday and i was really good at the buffet :) was a really nice day & she looked beautiful, off to butlins bognor now and will update when i get back & have a weigh (hopefully the damage wont be to bad), plan is to try to eat lots of fruit and salads....

Yes, enjoy yourself Poppy.. think you're lucky with the weather !

Had a look online and ordered the harcombe diet book and recipe book from the library, looks interesting and may give it a go, my only concern would be increasing protein over carbs, i thought to much protein/fats are bad for your heart etc, and the right carbs (brown rice, pasta bread) are good for you! but it def makes sense not to combine as quite heavy on digestion to break both down, so that makes sense. Similar to a food combining diet, will upate when i have read the book :)

Poppy ( hope you had a good break ! )

regarding your thoughts on carbs and protein.. well in the book it explains it alot better than I ever could, but, basically all foods contain protein..but its just the fat proteins and carb proteins that are the ' main' ones..and in fact, its the 'fat' meals that are better than the 'carb' meals, for losing the weight

Also Zoe explains that ( like it says in the title ) counting calories doesn't work !.. I know what you may think.. the same as I did, I've been under impression that the less you ate and the more you did, the more you lost.. but I have been converted by the ' sensible-ness' of her findings, which she has researched for over 20 years.. and if you have a look at TheHarcombeDietClubForum on google, that will give you alot of insight into this way of eating..

I have never felt so full, my husband cannot believe the amount I eat in a day ! Its all real food, not processed, and I recommend it.. my sister too, got the book, but only gave the diet ONE day - she said she felt hungry!! I dont believe that she ate enough.

anyway , thats enough for now on your thread ( sorry to go on , but I've finally found this, and want to shout it from the rooftops !
Well, good luck in whichever way you do it Poppy..

bye for now..:)

xx

Had a great time at butlins, love the new ocean hotel there would really recommend it, food was lovely, i didn't think about dieting while i was there but also didn't over indulge so hopefully not to much gained (will weigh myself tomoz)

Today:

Breakfast - 2 slices toast and butter & marmalade

Lunch - leek and potato soup with wholegrain roll

Dinner - spag bowl with turkey mince & wholegrain spagetti

Snacks - icecream - maybe 1 slice toast later

Just got the harcombe diet book from library so will have a read and decide if going to give it a try :)

Still in holiday mood :) having a bit of time off from thinking about food and calories will be back updating again soon....

I'm back, i went a bit astray, lost a bit more and put it back on again, decided healthy eating is def the way for me with the odd treat occasionally so i dont feel deprived :D

Today i had:

Breakfast - porridge with jam
Lunch - egg & salad cream sandwich (scraping of butter)
Dinner - chicken chow mein
Snacks - fruit (apple & banana) & some Raisins from my graze box

Will be getting some honey in for my tea's and some naturally sweetened jam, i have also just received my first graze box in the post and will see what they are like

Back