Hello new weight loss blog :D

hey babes. we've all had a <insert fave food of choice(mine's pizza)> blowout. it has to happen so we can learn why we shouldn't do it again. don't worry about it, keep going. move on. you're already a stunner so you don't need to worry about that :)

abz xx

Well I suppose I should update... not that I have much to say :( I am not getting any thinner :( I am not gaining though which is good of course :)

But yeah, I have been a bit rubbish, not too bad but not too good, gah I was doing sooo good but it didnt seem to last very long which is upsetting me :( I was doing soooo great, the best i had for years but then I went to the doctors and found out rubbishness and then had this fall and it all went down hill in regards eating well and exercising....

So i've had a couple of weeks still being aware of what i was eating but not being strict, which is why my weights not doing much :S Doing good one day and then rubbish the next cancels each other out, so no wonder i've not lost anything...

But I have picked myself up now, I was feeling really down but I think I have my head sorted more about everything that is going on and it's been sunny lately and today is the first day of spring :D so yays. I do feel much better :)

Well I had my PET scan, I am just waiting for the results a week on Tuesday. Then I will feel like I can carry on with life again... I feel like I am on stand by at the moment. If i do need more treatment it's going to be so hard getting into that mind frame... I want to just carry on with a normal life now :S i like it that i am not at the hospital twice a week and I feel well :) but then if I do need this radiation it isn't as bad as chemo in the way that it wont be for as long, its not 6 months of it... and therefore it shouldn't be too much longer til it's all over... I just have no patience...

Annnnyway. Back to the diet talk. So yeah, I have been having my nice salads again :) and eating lots of fruit. I can manage to get to the market for fruit and veg which makes it so much easier :) and we went food shopping the other evening and i got lots of quorn mince to make a chilli with rice, and spag bol or something... i like quorn mince and its healthy :)

Today I haven't had anything yet, i haven't been hungry. But i have had a large glass of water :) I think i'll have my banana and plum soon and get some more water :)

I am going to see Abi this weekend :D yays. So we are going to be good together :D we are gonna make a stir fry one night and a spaghetti bolognese we think, as we are both allowed them :) So we can help each other :) not that she needs it, hee.

Right, well i shall catch up on the other threads now. Just thought I should update how things are going :)

YAY :D :D

can't wait :D

don't worry about not losing yet. it's a process and you've had a lot to ponder. you have stopped gaining which is the first major step. and you are becoming more aware of what you eat which is another major step. now you just need to work on reducing your portion sizes.

i find grazing throughout the day (as long as i only have a controlled amount available to me each day of course) really helps me as i just nibble rather than waiting ages and having massive meals... some people prefer to wait until meal times. it's all about what's best for you.

and we're going to make some stonking stirfry this weekend fit for our fantasticness :D

abz xx

Eeee i really should get on here more often :S I haven't as i haven't been losing.. but that is what this place is about, it's all about motivation :) which i need, ha.

Sooo yeah. Me and Abi had a wonderful weekend :D i do miss her :( was nice to spend some time catching up :) and we managed to get lots sorted for the wedding :) we have gorgeous bridesmaid dresses, and shoes for us all :D and an idea for our hair :D I love the dress so much! it's pretty :D

Well i am not sure if i've lost any weight... as i keep forgetting to weigh myself! grr. But then i dont think i will have, i havent been brilliant.

I have been getting very very very down about my weight, i just feel huge :( i tried on some clothes in Dorothy Perkins last night and they were all size 18's :( i dont want to be a size 18 again :( I have put on a stone in about 6 months :S Sooo i need to sort this out.

I have been talking to my boyfriend a lot about it, he's been saying all the right things and reassuring me so that's nice but I have now told him to help keep an eye on me, so i am going to end up hating him telling me not to eat this and that... but i need him to i know. I need help :(

And i am thinking of doing Slimming World again... I did yeeears ago and lost loooads on that, i was a size 12 :D

I did have the idea that i just want to eat well, and change my lifestyle as i want it to last and be a change of thinking and not just a quick fix... I am doing this not only to look and feel better, but to be healthy! But i think i need a quick start, i need to do something with rules and guidelines to keep me on it, and then hopefully the change in thought will come and i can continue with it... but then i dont know, i've lost it all before and just put it back on and more :S so gah.

Well I shall hunt down the SW books and see what i think anyway. I like the idea, but i am worrying about cutting out bread, i do think that would do me good though as i eat too much as it is... but then what do i have for breakfast.. i couldnt have much milk or bread :S hummm, i cant cook eggs or anything like that at work either... So i need to get researching.

Well i am going to Mum and Dad's this weekend. I MUST be careful! they are terrible eaters, they eat huge portions and lots of sweet things :S so i need to avoid all the chocolate, biscuits, cakes and crisps they have in the pantry :( :( It will be hard! ha. But their fruit bowl is always full so i'll go to that :)

Well anyway. I have nearly finished work for the day (i finish early on a friday :D ) so i am off to get my mum a necklace for her birthday/mother's day present, and then pack and shower and then meet my boyf to get the bus down :)

Hope everyone is all ok :) I'll try and come on here more to keep up with peeps :)

hey there honey. if i remember rightly then you can have some bread in your healthy extras, especially if you get the ww bread. and doesn't jamie like wraps more anyways? and then you have syns to spend so if bread really is the be all and end all then you can have it. but personally i have many other things i would much prefer to bread... :D

have a fantastic weekend. enjoy the sunday roast, just have loads and loads of veg and avoid the roasties and you'll be fine :)

wish i was going with you. i miss that village!!

abz xx

Humm I didn't do too well at avoiding the roast potatoes and parsnips... or Mum's homemade Yorkshire puds.... ooops. But they were sooo nice :D

Annnnnd Mum and Dad have given me a Thornton's Easter egg, and a chocolate rabbit and a box of chocs :S noooo! ha.

Although they also gave me a fruit bowl :) Dad made it on his lathe and it's so nice :D and i have fruit in it :D

I was good at Mum and Dad's other than the roasts... I could have been so much worse, so I am not too upset with myself...

I wish you had come home too, we sooo have to go there and sit on the cricket pitch with wine like the good old days :D Mum and Dad were asking after you :)

glad to hear it. i ask after them often enough :D hee.

we will return!! although i have no other reason to go around there now other than to visit your old house, ha. so we'll have to make a special trip :) just me and thee :)

sounds like you did very well. bet you forget to weigh yourself in the morning again *tutt tutt* i'll forgive you :D

abz xx

Well I thought I should update again really, ha. Things are going ok :) Well we had some brilliant news and then some pants news, so they've kinda canceled each other out and I just feel meh all the time again :S

I got the all clear :D :D wooooo, brilliant stuff, so I can now say with confidence that I am cancer free :D which is such a nice feeling! I finally feel like I can put it all behind me and things are going to be normal again :D so that's fantastic news :) and we had a great evening celebrating with Bucks Fizz! hee.

This just seems to have been overshadowed a bit really so i haven't relaly felt happy like i thought i would.... as the very next day my boyfriend came home early as he'd been laid off from work :( which totally sucks as he loved that job and he doesn't want to leave :( so we went into panic mode again :S

We had 24 hours of happiness and feeling on top of the world and now another hurdle.....

Buuuuut if we can get through cancer we can get through anything!! ha. It's not like he came home saying he has cancer or he'd been run over by a bus, you have to put these things into perspective :) We both have our health so on the scale of things it's not that bad.

It's just that he is feeling really really down about it, and is mopey and low.... I've never seen him like this :S he just feels useless and rejected :( awww poor lad :( But of course we'll get through it. He's sorted his CV out, found acouple of jobs to apply for and signed on so we shall get some extra money at least.

It just sucks that we have to worry about money now when we were so happy that we're both alive, ha. We wanted to live life now and experience it, but now we have to watch our money since we're a wage down :S but hopefully it won't be for long... although there seem to be hardly any jobs out there.. it's quite scary :S but he's looking at a wide range of jobs that he thinks he could do, so he'll get something, even if it's for the time being and he'll get back into what he loves later on...

Annnnnnyway! Sorry that is just what is going on at the moment... I seem to be stressing about money and jobs every day atm :S ha.

Soooo diet wise. Well i had put on a bit :( but then last Friday i weighed myself again and noticed i had lost 3 of those pounds :) soooo now i weigh about 14 stone 3... which is still way more than i ever have before :S it scares me :(

But I am back into it, and having lots of beans on toast, jacket potatoes with cottage cheese, and salads and eggs... it's easier to eat well when the sun is shining i always think, as i dont want a stodgy meal then :) so i am doing good.

I did a good food shop the other evening getting lots of healthy things. I got some creme frache and quark stuff which I am not sure what to do with but they're really low fat and people seem to use it for pasta sauces and things so i wanna try! I have printed some recipes out anyway :) so i shall try them :)

Now we're skint we can't afford take aways or the sandwiches from Pret A Manger... so that'll help!!

Soo there is my update... hopefully things will pick up, and my OH will find a job soon that he likes and then we can get the feeling of relief and normality back again :) And i willlll lose some of this weight :D

Such brilliant news about getting the all clear! am thrilled for you, you must be so relieved.

And like you say - pants about OH's job. I'm in the same boat with mine...he's at an interview as we speak, and like you say, there isn't a lot around at the moment.

Sounds like you are back on track with the diet, fingers crossed for a great weigh in (not that you need luck - am sure you will be fine!)

take care chick

xxx

I'm back again, hee.

Well things seem more positive now :D My OH has found about 7 jobs he likes the sound of, so is applying for them as i speak, ha. He has his heart set on one though, so I have everything crossed he gets an interview, it does sound ideal for him and like a great opportunity... but it's hard in jobhunting world atm :S but we'll see!

Sooo things are getting back to normal. I have hair again, and am enjoying having more energy and even though I have a cold atm I don't mind too much it's nice having a normal illness that I don't have to worry about! hehe.

So I am feeling better. My OH is too, we've had some good talks about what he wants to do now, and how he is sick of the computer game industry he was in before, so trying something new will be good for him... and more money and less hours which is always good! hehe. So once he gets sorted I might get some courage and think about my own career and what i wanna do... I do like it here, its a simple job with lovely people, but I know I can do better than this...

Annnyway! I never end up talking about diets! ha.

Sooo i am doing well :D i am useless at weighing myself though! boo! But yeah we've been eating a lot of japanese style noodles, and noodle soups :D yum! very healthy and cheap and tasty :D and lots of jacket potatoes, cottage cheese, salad, fruit... so it's all good :)

I bought some things erm... Quark, fromage frais (sp?) and natural yoghurt for some SW reciepes but I didn't have the confidence to use them really :S I made pasta and put the fromage frais in it, but i don't like the taste of it normally and it wasn't any better cooked :S So i think I will avoid that...

The yoghurt went off, and I still have the quark but have noooo idea what to do with it :S I'm not confident cooking things i dont really understand :S

Oh well, i am managing to find nice things to eat. I like quorn chicken a lot, and we have some quorn mince at home i will do some enchilardes with i think :) or a spag bol...

I like Snack a jacks too, they make me feel like I am being naughty but i am not :D hee. And i have been having chocolate milkshakes and hot chocs when i have my cravings!

Allllthough saying that I did have a whole Thornton's easter egg and a chocolate bunny over the long weekend, ooops. So that wasn't so good, ha.

But other than that i think i am doing good :) I am feeling better and like my body isn't so full of crap anymore, i like that feeling :)

YAY. you're back :D hello ol' bridesmaid ol' chum :D

sounds like you've got the healthy food thing up and running :D well done!!

abz xx

Well.... apart from all the Easter chocolate :S ha.

But i am feeling happier with myself and proud that i have this mind set :) I am doign brilliantly at avoiding the snack machine at work, which is the hardest thing as i love a mid afternoon choc bar to pick me up :( but i am managing with milkshakes, so hopefully the cravings will go.

Shall be good over the weekend too, well we only have good stuff in the house :D that's the easiest way for me to cope, although i sulk that i want something sweet and we have nothing, I can never be bothered to walk the 10 mins to Tesco :S so it works well :D ha.

Anyway :) I am going to eat one of my breadbuns now. That's something i need to sort next, i need to eat less bread... i will work on that, and buy some more potatoes for jackets and do pasta and quorn mince things to bring in for lunch... even wraps would be a start so its less bread... ok that's my next aim :)

sounds like a good plot and a plan babes. and your OH prefers wraps anyways doesn't he? if i remember rightly?

abz xx

So what am i up to... well we had a nice weekend, was fun and relaxing, perfect :)

I am doing ok diet wise, she says after just eating a KitKat :S And yeah we drank 2 bottles of wine each over Saturday :S so hummmm. I like the sugary sweet wine :S

But food wise... more noodles, lots of salads with eggs and quorn chicken... toast...

Oh Jamie made me poached eggs one day but managed to get it wrong and not put enough water in and melted the pan :S so that's dead now :S ha. Bless him he did try and was very annoyed with himself, awww. So no more poached eggs for a while, which is a shame as i love them! I know you can do them in a pan of boiling water, but i have tried lots and just can't do it... so i'll buy another pan after pay day on Friday.

Anyway. So i am ok with what i am eating, i still have improvements to make though :S but i am getting the head set ok, i am still happy with how i am doing :)

And no i havent weighed myself :S i am pigging useless at that! ha. This skirt i am wearing today feels more lose than normal though :D so i am hoping!

I am going to make a veggi chilli with rice tonight :D yum, with lots of mushrooms :) Well hopefully, will see what OH wants obviously. He is hardly eating during the day now, so he's happy that he might lose some of the weight he gained from the office job, hee.

I am liking the sun shining :D i am thinking that my strappy tops might come out soon :D it is always warm in the office anyway :S but i am still hating my arms :( they have always been the part of me i hate :S oh well, i need to get toning.

Oh meeting, gtg. I haven't done much work today :S oops, but now we have to go to some meeting of some sort.

Bye for now :)

hope you had a good day at work babes :)

well done on the healthy eating. now ruddy weigh yourself so i know how you are doing :p

abz xx

Well I did well yesterday :) I had a massive crisp craving just before i left work but i managed to resist the snack machine :D so that's all good.

We had more Japanese noodles for tea, yum! I am loving them for only 80p a packet and very tasty and healthy and we add our own twists to them with more veg and eggs :D

Well today I haven't brought anything with me, oops. So I shall have to go to the sandwich shop. Think i'll get cottage cheese and coleslaw with salad sandwich, I am sick of eggs, and the other veggie option there is cheese :S So that sounds nice. And I have some Snack A Jacks here, i love them :D the cheese ones esp :)

Today is going sloooooow though :( I know it's going to be a long day since i didnt get to sleep til about half 1 :( I am knackered! but I have lots of coffee and diet coke and even Pro Plus if i need it this afternoon...

Right back to work. I haven't done a thing today :S I am not in a working mood at all....

Bye for now :)

hey babes. glad to hear you are doing well :)

now get on those scales. didn't you buy nice new shiny ones?

if you let me know when you get up i'll even text to remind you :p

abz xx

Well I had a good day yesterday :D I managed to avoid the snack machine :D it's torture as i either crave crisps or chocolate and they are both in that machine :S But I have been making sure i have some Snack A Jacks at my desk to combat the crisp cravings, and some chocolate milkshake in the fridge here to combat the choc cravings :D so that's a good idea.

Jamie made us jacket potatoes, so they were yummy, with beans and cottage cheese and a salad. I have the same in a lunch box for dinner too :) yum!

I have decided that i am going to have fruit for breakfast each day, that'll put my fruit intake up to each day and it's less calories than cereal. So i am excited about that. I have had a banana, 2 grapes so far and a coffee this morning :) The grapes i got at the market are a bit sour though :( so i think i'll leave them til tmw when they might get a bit sweeter...

Tonight i think we'll have more noodles, i am liking them. Jamie is good at making them too, so he can do that for when i get home :) So i am pleased with myself and my attitude to food :) I am actually wanting the healthy alternative as it makes me feel so much better :)

I am not gonna weigh myself until Monday i thinks. I keep forgetting as it is, but i want a proper weigh in. And i hate the whole weighing side of dieting :( it shouldnt be about what weight you are but how healthy and happy you feel. I know my stomach is going down, i feel less round, so that's all that matters to me. Even when i was a tiny size 12 i weighed quite a lot and always thought it didnt make sense... i suppose i am 5 foot 7 which is tall for a girl..

Anyway. I am going to get some work done, got to go to scanning dept after lunch.

Hope everyone is having a nice day :D the suns not come out yet but it is nice and warm :D

well i just wrote a huge long post about weighing and measuring and it's vanished...

so i'm just going to say hi instead :)

abz xx

Back