Help !!! What do I do.

fillymum

synful soul
What do you do if your weight loss comes to a halt and you are not going off plan in any way.

This is an idea of what I eat on any day of the week.

Breakfast yogurt. banana, nectarine.

Lunch 2 boiled eggs or cheese allowance, salad and 3 ryvitas ( sometimes 4 )

Dinner last night for example. Chicken poached on a bed of tomato, onion and red pepper, garam masala. When cooked, chicken lifted out and the veg blitzed in the blender to make a sauce. Served with 198 grams new potatoes and white cabbage. A yogurt with fresh fruit salad.

I only drink fruit tea or water.

I probably need more exercise and am looking for an exercise tape or disc.

HELP PLEASE !!!! I am pretty teed off.

It's disappointing, how long has it been at a standstill?

Sometimes you just have to keep on keeping on and eventually the weight loss will start again.
Have you tried a speedfood challenge, changing the types of foods you eat, maybe try some red or green days?

At least I haven't put any one. That would do my head in.I do do a mixture of red and green. Yesterday was red, today is green.

Do you suggest then that I try to eat loads of the speed foods on the free foods list ??

My weight has stood still now for 11 days.

Thanks for replying I am feeling quite desperate.

I wouldn't panic yet if I were you TBH, although it's worrying when you STS because you think the plan has stopped working, but really STS's are going to happen.
With the speed foods - choose s or ss foods (instead of not aswell as other free foods obviously) at every meal and this should give your losses a boost

I wouldn't panic yet if I were you TBH, although it's worrying when you STS because you think the plan has stopped working, but really STS's are going to happen.
With the speed foods - choose s or ss foods (instead of not aswell as other free foods obviously) at every meal and this should give your losses a boost

Thank you so much for going to so much trouble with your replies.

What is TBH ??? Forgive me I am an old fart.

If a food is a free food does it still have a limit.?

TBH= to be honest
you have done amazing so just stick with it, from reading on here some people suggest doing a fishy week and that seems to get the metabolism shifting again
good luck xx

try more speed foods?
i'm prob wrong but i thought u had to syn up fruit if blended (eg a smoothie) wouldn't veg be the same? also i have 5 step fat attack dvd by Claire from steps, the exercises in there are quite gentle compared to some!! does your local pool do aquarobics? i like this cos i forget the water is see thru so i don't worry about the jiggling ppl would see in an open class lol xx

You don't have to syn blended cooked or canned veg. Soup, stiry fry, stews etc would be hughly synned then and we'd be eating raw carrots. ;)

Now I know its disheartening but a stall isn't really a stall after 11 days. If you weighed in weekly at class that would only be one STS. So don't panic yet.

Why not try shaking your day up a wee bit? Have more superspeed and speed foods, not free.

Superspeed and speed are the ones with a wee S, SS next to them in the book.

What I would say though looking at your normal day above - where are your syns? If you don't want to use them on unhealthy foods consider using them on avocado/oil /nuts to give yourself a wee boost

Sorry this is so short/clipped but running for work.

Good luck.

try more speed foods?
i'm prob wrong but i thought u had to syn up fruit if blended (eg a smoothie) wouldn't veg be the same? also i have 5 step fat attack dvd by Claire from steps, the exercises in there are quite gentle compared to some!! does your local pool do aquarobics? i like this cos i forget the water is see thru so i don't worry about the jiggling ppl would see in an open class lol xx

Thanks for that. I am quite shocked that cooked, blended veg could be syns..........can any one confirm that.

Any suggestions on DV D's that are tried and tested are welcomed please. I will look for this one.

I wonder could I get the water exercises from anywhere as we have a pool and it would be a welcome change from just swimming up and down.

You don't have to syn blended cooked or canned veg. Soup, stiry fry, stews etc would be hughly synned then and we'd be eating raw carrots. ;)

Now I know its disheartening but a stall isn't really a stall after 11 days. If you weighed in weekly at class that would only be one STS. So don't panic yet.

Why not try shaking your day up a wee bit? Have more superspeed and speed foods, not free.

Superspeed and speed are the ones with a wee S, SS next to them in the book.

What I would say though looking at your normal day above - where are your syns? If you don't want to use them on unhealthy foods consider using them on avocado/oil /nuts to give yourself a wee boost

Sorry this is so short/clipped but running for work.

Good luck.

How many stalls constitute a problem and if there is one what do you do then.

I will definitely use more syns, avocado or a bit of oil for cooking my mushrooms and also look at speed foods.

We do not have classes here so I rely heavily on this site.

I do eat a lot of fruit and if I am hungry I grab a plum or nectarine etc between meals.

Sue, you are just over a stone away from your goal weight, it is normal for things to slow down a bit at that stage.

If you are already doing red/green, maybe try a week of red, rather than a few days here and there, or a week of extra easy. Fish week is really good for giving a good boost to losses, as is upping the amount of water you drink, although I imagine in the hot climate you drink like a fish anyway.

Giving your body a bit of a shake up can also work wonders too, have a high calorie meal or day, when our bodies get used to a routine they can need a big of a "WOAH" calorie boost to trick the metabolism.

Keep us posted on what you try and if it has any effect, but apart from that, keep going, plateaus will happen and you shouldnt let them demoralise you, they are as much a part of the losing weight process as the losses are.

Ooh, one more thing, might be worth cutting back on the bananas and replacing them with less starchy food for some of your breakfasts. Some people do think they can slow losses. I wouldnt know coz I dont eat them, vile yellow poisonous beasts that they are :D

Thanks Gill. You are so wise and so sensible.

Do I really have to cut out my bananas..................o.k. I will but I love them and I only have one a day.

I am doing green today and will try a whole week of red after today as today is planned, and see if that works. I do not have any guide lines for extra easy as my books were published long before then.

I think that trying a high calorie meal is a good idea as well and was suggested to me by PM by a very kind member as well.

I will not slip. Apart from the weight loss factor, I love this way of eating. It suits me. I have felt so much better and healthier since being on S.W. Before I suffered from GERD, from palpitation, joint pains etc. These have all gone so S.W. is my way of life now.

Exercise has to be a factor as well. I feel I do not get enough which is ridiculous with a swimming pool outside the living room door and lovely countryside to walk in.

Interestingly you and I have similar stats apart from height. We both have a similar loss to go! I have found the past couple of months frustratingly slow despite being 100% on plan most of that time (excluding a 6 day holiday). However I'm just plodding along and I know that I'll eventually get there! I take comfort from the fact that I see lots of people on here with only a stone or so to go having surprise big losses so this COULD happen to me too!! I think that our bodies respond well to change so it may be an idea to cut down on certain things and up certain other things! At the moment I'm trying to watch portion size and introduce EVEN MORE superfree foods to see if it helps me! I know I need to up my exercise too, more than anything to improve my shape and tone up!X

Bugger how frustrating.

do you know a few weeks ago my weight losses started to really slow down and i got fed up as i was been so good on plan.

so i took a day off the plan and ate what i wanted, the next day i was back on track, and do you know it seems to have boosted me, i lost 4lb that week and am now really motavated once again.

i spoke to the dietacian at work about this and she said it could have speeded my metabolism(spelling bad not a word i use very often lol) up???

im not suggesting you do this, just a thought i had.

im with the girls i now eat more ss foods and walk my doggies that extra bit further to try a little harder.

Bugger how frustrating.

do you know a few weeks ago my weight losses started to really slow down and i got fed up as i was been so good on plan.

so i took a day off the plan and ate what i wanted, the next day i was back on track, and do you know it seems to have boosted me, i lost 4lb that week and am now really motavated once again.

i spoke to the dietacian at work about this and she said it could have speeded my metabolism(spelling bad not a word i use very often lol) up???

im not suggesting you do this, just a thought i had.

im with the girls i now eat more ss foods and walk my doggies that extra bit further to try a little harder.

Ooh I now feel reassured by my big bowl of 'full fat' meatballs and pasta in the pub last night after weigh in!! OK I was still well within my syns for the week as had only had 44 up until then but felt so guilty! Maybe it's done the trick lol!X

What is fast forward. I am all ears or should I say alleyes.

Sorry Sue, the details of Fast Forward (FF) are confidential. It is a VERY strict plan that can only be devised between you and your consultant. The details SHOULD NOT be written down for anyone to be able to find.

Since you are 'going freestyle' (ie. at home) the best option is to try Success Express (SE). This comprises of 2/3rds of your plate being 'superfree' (veg and/or fruit), and only 1/3rd being red/green/mix of both.

Sorry I can't give you any more details at the moment - I'm going out.

Hope that someone else will give you the rest of the details.

Sorry Sue, the details of Fast Forward (FF) are confidential. It is a VERY strict plan that can only be devised between you and your consultant. The details SHOULD NOT be written down for anyone to be able to find.

Since you are 'going freestyle' (ie. at home) the best option is to try Success Express (SE). This comprises of 2/3rds of your plate being 'superfree' (veg and/or fruit), and only 1/3rd being red/green/mix of both.

Sorry I can't give you any more details at the moment - I'm going out.

Hope that someone else will give you the rest of the details.

Thanks for that. Very useful.

The only reason I do it at home is because I have no choice. I promise you I would be first on the scales every week if we had SW here.

I will try SE but feel that that is how my plate looks already. Are super free fruit and veg the ones that are s or ss ?

How about yogurts !!! Can they be baddies.? The ones I eat are free. I eat 2 everyday and on some-days 3. I also eat a lot of fruit .

I am so grateful to you all for giving me so much good advice.

Back