Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Hey that is normal your body needs to get used to it. I was bloated and had water weight for the beginning too... It took me about 2 month that my body got used to it and now the inches coming off

Now lady's....since 2 weeks i do a bit of lifting...eating 1850 and more kcal a day. Today i stepped on the scale... 2 pounds up! BUT i lost in 2 weeks 3 inch of my body.... So i do not care what this mean scale says! I fit in my jeans i didn't wear for a couple years! That's my goal... I wanna lose inches and i wanna eat!! And finally i found the way to do it!!! :)

THAT IS THE SPIRIT! We put far too much emphasis on the numbers when we want to change how we look. This is a fat burning diet so you WILL see inch loss before weight loss but even if you are gaining or maintaining or even barely losing, if you're going down a size...who gives a - ?!

THAT IS THE SPIRIT! We put far too much emphasis on the numbers when we want to change how we look. This is a fat burning diet so you WILL see inch loss before weight loss but even if you are gaining or maintaining or even barely losing, if you're going down a size...who gives a - ?!

It's my totm at the mo so I will look at my measurements on Monday when it's well passed .!!! I don't feel thinner but we'll see x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I completely understand what you mean its just disheartening when you work so hard only to see numbers go up. How long to you think it takes to see the difference in inches. I think at this moment I want to know this is working and I'm not just putting on. I'm trying my best sticking between 1400 and 1600 cals a day and exercising at gym every other day. Am I going about this wrong or is my depression making me over conscious of this?

I completely understand what you mean its just disheartening when you work so hard only to see numbers go up. How long to you think it takes to see the difference in inches. I think at this moment I want to know this is working and I'm not just putting on. I'm trying my best sticking between 1400 and 1600 cals a day and exercising at gym every other day. Am I going about this wrong or is my depression making me over conscious of this?

You're doing fine. I suffer with depression too and I get conscious. Having my Bodymedia lets me keep to a clean 1000 cal deficit a day if I plan and keep an eye on stuff and I eat between 1500-1700 cals.

Well its not an overnight thing...my body needed 2month to get use to high kcal...but i maintain for the 2 month so i was happy. Here a lb up there a lb down....that was it about. Again the body needed to get use to it. I didn't step on scale everyday just every 2 weeks so i don't get depressed. But now inches coming off and i am there where i wanted to be!

Well its not an overnight thing...my body needed 2month to get use to high kcal...but i maintain for the 2 month so i was happy. Here a lb up there a lb down....that was it about. Again the body needed to get use to it. I didn't step on scale everyday just every 2 weeks so i don't get depressed. But now inches coming off and i am there where i wanted to be!

ok im trying so hard to keep my mind away from the scales. My husband (pretended) to slap me up side the said and said i was being stupid. I have lost so much that my body is just getting used to food again. I'll see how it goes until new year. Also will talk to my dr about it. I just need a bit more support i think.

It's now a bit later I just scoffed chocolate and peanut butter why? I'm not sure depression messes with my appetite at least there is no more chocolate in the house but my sons and I don't steal from his jar lol

Last edited:
Yes talk to your doc maybe he can help you with an eating plan? Also tell him...and yourself you dont want a quick solutions u want it for your rest if your life! Get to your healthy weight and stay there...

Did you think maybe as well to find a good nutritiones who maybe can help you? Don't know as i never went...but maybe an idea?

That's what I'm going to ask. I want help to get onto a life plan. And I also need my husband to understand it all because he is always questioning my portions of veg and it really makes me feel like I should be eating less then I do. If I can't get help through the Dr I am going to go private if I can afford it. I need nutrienal advice from a professional (not that you dont help) but I keep hearing new information and get confused.

Give it one more week....if u stay the same u on the right way! When another or two weeks and the 3lb are gone....

I put an inch on my waist the first week. I was bloated. Second week? 4.75 inches off in total. I lost from everywhere except my neck. This week I'm a little bloated from that time of the month so next week I will log my measurements. Measurements are best take ever 2-4 weeks.

I'll keep going after today I kinda let my depression run my eating/snacking. I ate a whole bag of dried fruit and a handful of nuts and shared pretzels with my son.not the best day. I'll have tea and go to bed.after the boy does. I'm hoping the Dr next week can help if not send me to a dietitian. If not there is a trainer/nutritionist at my gym might talk to her about booking a spot.

I'll keep going after today I kinda let my depression run my eating/snacking. I ate a whole bag of dried fruit and a handful of nuts and shared pretzels with my son.not the best day. I'll have tea and go to bed.after the boy does. I'm hoping the Dr next week can help if not send me to a dietitian. If not there is a trainer/nutritionist at my gym might talk to her about booking a spot.

I'm having a bad time with depression at mo ... Ill be eating alone tonight and in thinking ill just snack ..!! But I'm gonna try really hard to cook my veggie chilli ..!!!

I'm having a bad time with depression at mo ... Ill be eating alone tonight and in thinking ill just snack ..!! But I'm gonna try really hard to cook my veggie chilli ..!!!

Aww hugs I know how you feel. I really can't bother to cook a meal but I need to for my hub so I will. Depression is a diet killer. I wish my pills would work a bit more. My.ups and downs have escalated like crazy

Aww hugs I know how you feel. I really can't bother to cook a meal but I need to for my hub so I will. Depression is a diet killer. I wish my pills would work a bit more. My.ups and downs have escalated like crazy

I cooked my chilli .... I have bought some of those taco trays to serve it with :)

Back