Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

I think the level of activity u put then includes the cals you burn.
If u think you are more than lightly active, change to active-which in turn will give you a higher tdee-and more cals to eat (instead of lightly active then eating back cals).

I read though that everyone assumes they are more active than they actually are (unless athletes). I run every day and still only count it as lightly active (as well as kids/house/work etc too).

But I'm defo no expert-hope it helps!
G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I put myself as lightly active ..!! And I run/workout and have kids and work as a nurse ..!! But I agree i read that a lot of people put their activity wrong ... Too high .. And that most of people are lightly active x

I'm doing tdee -20% after reading this thread for a good few weeks BUT is anyone still doing it? If so can you please post results so far? Keep the motivation going for us newer guys OR does it just not work?

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey we still there ;-) so far few inches off for me, clothes are looser
not more tiered and way more energy!
Didn't go on scale yet as i am before my totm.

I'm doing tdee -20% after reading this thread for a good few weeks BUT is anyone still doing it? If so can you please post results so far? Keep the motivation going for us newer guys OR does it just not work?

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Gill :)
Nothing to report following the 2.5lb loss .. But didn't weigh properly this week and won't in Monday due to totm so the Monday after I will and let you know .!
However ... I have just decreased my thyroxine slightly and I loose weight at an alarmingly slow rate so I'm maybe not one to use as a marker lol
I know tam has lost weight (huwiesmummy) x

Cheers ladies. Think just concerned as still feels strange eating more than 1200. Have my first night out tomoz so gonna keep the daytime as soup to even out all those cocktails!

Gillian x

Gill just what i can`t preach enough is not to look to much on the scale! More on inches and fatloss.
Fatloss can happen and exchanged by lean body mass. And you would weight still the same but might be a clothes size down. This is not a miracle diet. Its actually not a diet. Its the way you should eat naturally. To stay slim (when u at goal) for the rest of your life. No yoyo etc.
There are woman outthere who actually weight now more then they did before but are way slimmer.
Before they were just skinnyfat.

Yes u will. But usually it take a little time. Your body needs to adapt especially when you where long time on a low kcal diet or vlcd. Some just take two weeks some take a month. Also you would loose the inches faster then the weight. Cause if your macros are right u will build lean body mass in exchange for the fat. This y it seems u not loosing on the scale.

Also if someone really wants to know the weight. I would go to the doc or pharmacy once a month. As most have proper scale with body fat measure. So after a month u go again
and if your fat level dropped and your lean body mass or muscle mass are raised u know u doing right. Cause this is what u look for!

Also if someone really wants to know the weight. I would go to the doc or pharmacy once a month. As most have proper scale with body fat measure. So after a month u go again
and if your fat level dropped and your lean body mass or muscle mass are raised u know u doing right. Cause this is what u look for!

Actually, in the middle of the night I remembered I must have measurements as I need to calculate TDEE! After a mad hunt this morning I can't find-but they were written on a scruffy bit of paper. I do, however, have measurements from December so can use them as a guide!

Thanks for your posts 'are'.

G x

im eating 1600cals a day and lost 3lbs doing 30 day shred for 19days but lost 3inches from waist and 1 from hips! im doing 3.5-4hrs exercise now so going to up it to 1900cals (used a tdee calc using hours worked out! scoobyworkshop one) and my plan is two 50 min cardio circuits, one 20 minute cardio workout plus 3 30min kettlebell workouts a week, once shred is done. good luck everyone!

im eating 1600cals a day and lost 3lbs doing 30 day shred for 19days but lost 3inches from waist and 1 from hips! im doing 3.5-4hrs exercise now so going to up it to 1900cals (used a tdee calc using hours worked out! scoobyworkshop one) and my plan is two 50 min cardio circuits, one 20 minute cardio workout plus 3 30min kettlebell workouts a week, once shred is done. good luck everyone!

Wow fantastic ... You're a good advert to keep us all going :)

Help me out please girls!

Let me tell you a bit about my journey first ...

Jan 11 - started SW - first diet ever lol - starting weight 13st 1lb

Feb 12 - 11st 3lbs - after hitting a 3 month plateau moved to CC and lost a further 7lbs and got down to 10.10 :)

After starting on 1300(ish) cals after a few months I was averaging 1450 cals and hovered around the 10.12 mark all summer.

Can't pinpoint when exactly but not entering my food in MFP from September seems to be when things started to go wrong lol

I now find myself back up to 11.8 and I'm a bit lost :(

I have just entered my figures onto Fat 2 Fit radio as per Dan's In Place of a Roadmap and I have been given a TDEE of 1739 (sedentary) or 1992 (lightly active)

I work in an office and the only exercise I do is 3-4 dog walks a week which are 2 miles

A cut of 20% from sedentary will give me 1391 cals
A cut of 20% from lightly active will give me 1592 cals

What would you go for?

Answers on a postcard please! Ali xx

I would go with lightly active :) it just go with 1500 cals x it's what I do x

Back