Helping you set your recommended amount of calories...

Yeah I measured, and re-measured today but no change.
I've done 3 classes this week (and booked in for kettle bells Tom). I also run on tread 30 mins each morning HIIT but it is pretty lame these days (cant find the inclination to up my game as been doing for years-hence added classes for a wee change).

I know, I know-'stick at it'. To hear you all have been in same boat is a help.
Let's face it I'm never gonna do 1200 cals being fri sat sun-so will keep with 1600 til Monday.
Thanks girls,
Gillian x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

AND has anyone tried skinny popcorn. I came across it and love it!!
Only 115 cals a 25g bag, which is bigger than crisp bag as so light.

G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its just not for me Ali, but lots of folk love it. I need to count cals-on my Up days I couldnt stop myself eating to much. To do it correctly ( I read the book first) its supposed to be alternate days which means either a Saturday or Fri/Sun are 500 cals days-and over time its just too restrictive for me. Plenty of folks on the JUDDD page try different things-double down days etc but I was also concerned if it was a good example to set the kids-as they asked if I was eating that day or not.
This whole more calls and bmr thing makes sense, BUT I feel its so slow (I even emailled Dan and he said 1600-1800) but that seems loads.

What cals you aiming for? And how active are you?

Gillian x

I think you are very sensible ... kids are so impressionable.

When I converted to CC from SW last Feb I did the usual 1200 cals malarky and did indeed lose some weight. Then I increased my exercise and cals and continued to lose weight ... I used to keep a separate spreadsheet and average it out the through the week ... taking into account exercise cals (worked out with MFP) and food cals ... I've just checked the spreadsheet and it looks like I averaged between 1350 and 1550.

Now when I say exercise I say that in loosest sense of the word lol. A 2 mile walk 4 times a week and a bit of Wii exercise with the kids was my limit! But it earnt me enough for a glass of wine or 2 so I was happy :)

That's where I need to get myself back to. Answering you has prompted me to look at the old spreadsheet so I might just go back to those cals.

I'm only 5'3" and I'm never going to be a skinny mini ... my TDEE is 1750 and my BMR is 1400 so it's a very narrow margin. I was more than happy at 10.10 so that's where I'm aiming for this year, before I go to Florida in August :)

Thanks for making me look more carefully at my previous success!!

Very simple-well done.

But to clarify....if I use sed TDEE then -500, I get 1218. This is below BMR, so would that still work?

Gillian x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Very simple-well done.

But to clarify....if I use sed TDEE then -500, I get 1218. This is below BMR, so would that still work?

Gillian x

I deleted my post coz I thought. Was talking crap ... Sorry crisis of confidence ... However in answer to your question ... I just read that very thing and it was suggested to lessen your deficit to minus 10 or 15%

Hard to say really. I would go for higher numbers then if you gain or sts in 2 weeks time lower it by 200. If you stall after lowering it up it by the 200 again and see what happens. It's taken 3 months for me to find my balance. Your body needs time to ajust as.great changes in calorie in take can lead your body into thinking your starving.

When I read it again realised it said minus 500 and we are in the game of minus 10-20%

The point I wanted to make was about the eating nd non eating bak f exercise cals x

When I read it again realised it said minus 500 and we are in the game of minus 10-20%

The point I wanted to make was about the eating nd non eating bak f exercise cals x

I think you need to go to bed. Your starting to get a tad confused. Hugs anyways.

Yes, I think good idea to use sed, then eat back exercise cals (or even some). Much easier if, like they say, you have an easy day.
I've changed my MFP to 1400 (which is actually v near my BMR), so if go over by 200-400 should be fine?

If only typing on minimins used cals :)

Gillian xxx

Yes, I think good idea to use sed, then eat back exercise cals (or even some). Much easier if, like they say, you have an easy day.
I've changed my MFP to 1400 (which is actually v near my BMR), so if go over by 200-400 should be fine?

If only typing on minimins used cals :)

Gillian xxx

If your tdee is only around 1700 and you eat 1800 regularly then you could put weight on ... If you eat below bmr you will stall but if you eat over tdee then you will gain x

I think you need to go to bed. Your starting to get a tad confused. Hugs anyways.

Not confused just bloody can't type ...
However I do get confused with exercise cals and eating them back as dan sats not to but some weeks my exercise is crap ...!! Unless I class my work as exercise ... I'm usually up to tdee when I work and over 2000 when I do formal exercise

If your tdee is only around 1700 and you eat 1800 regularly then you could put weight on ... If you eat below bmr you will stall but if you eat over tdee then you will gain x

No cos on the 1800 day would be eating back exercise cals, it's either that or change to active for a day and light active tdee for me is 1900 and 2200 for moderate active. So really either way should be ok. Either way the cal intake is less than tdee

I think we can over think it.

G x

No cos on the 1800 day would be eating back exercise cals, it's either that or change to active for a day and light active tdee for me is 1900 and 2200 for moderate active. So really either way should be ok. Either way the cal intake is less than tdee

I think we can over think it.

G x

Hehe ... See what you mean now .... I wasn't taking your eating back exercise cals back ... Sorry xx
And yes you're right I'm over thinking it ... And tired and need t start reading my book agin rather than about bloody Leung weight every night ..!! Getting obsessed :-(
Night night x

Hehe ... See what you mean now .... I wasn't taking your eating back exercise cals back ... Sorry xx
And yes you're right I'm over thinking it ... And tired and need t start reading my book agin rather than about bloody Leung weight every night ..!! Getting obsessed :-(
Night night x

Plus I need to switch off predictive text lol

Back