How are you target members doing out there?

How many hexes and syns do you guys have a day?
Just curious as to what works for others/how strictly you find you have to stick to it!

I have between 10 and 15 syns a day and don't have an extra HEB, although I no longer measure my (skimmed) milk. Having said that, I probably don't exceed my 2 HEAS milk allowance either! I have to stick to plan strictly because for me, one minor lapse will lead to several minor lapses, culminating in a major lapse! Yesterday, I bumped into a woman who reached target at the same time as me (14 months ago.) She'd put 3 stone back on and said it was because she thought she had everything under control, but the little treats had been getting more frequent. I just don't want to end up in that position!

Oh my word LardyLady....I'm so glad you were still a good example of SW lifestyle to that poor lady!! Sounds like you've moulded your eating to fit you (another green plan too) just like other target members...well done.
I know if I wasn't still going to group to be weighed I might not be so clever staying put!

Jaffa...re the soya cheese. Have you tried the TESCO Free From Soya Medium, (looks like Leicester Red and smells good too) they also do a smoked cheese pkt too. I've tried the spread and cannot recommend that, more akin to clay spread!

Interesting, thanks for the info...

I do Green Plus Fish :) So far I have been having about 3 hexes most days but sometimes more. I'm not actually counting bread etc as hexes any more (shocking I know!) as I only rarely have more than one portion a day, and when I do I figure it just replaces the rice or whatever I'd normally eat.

One thing I found was that increasing my dairy wasn't a good idea - it slowed my system right down. So I'm also looking into a slightly more plant-based approach, eating more nuts and things and cutting down on milk and cheese (though not yogurt, because apparently the bacteria counteract its slowing-down effects). I'm trying soya milk for my post-gym recovery drink tomorrow so we'll see how that goes!

I have been eating too many syns, largely due to a bit of an emotional blip meaning I had too much wine. So far seem to have got away with it due to a big increase in exercise. Hopefully can rein it in a bit now.

Lardy that is why I still go to class so I hopefully never end up with the weight back on again.

Janet yes I tried all sorts and yes the soya cream cheese looks and tastes like cement but I am doing ok as I can have lactofree cream cheese which is really nice and I can have hard cheese like cheddar etc . I have to avoid milk cream and cream cheese.
I use lactofree milk cream cheese I substitute with lacto free stuff and cream I use soya cream the uht stuff so it is all good.
Most hard cheeses butter and ghee are by nature lactose free. But I have to be careful with cheese so dont have it daily.

Jaffa, I guess we're all different. I've tried the Lactose free products but they definitely make my eyes as sore as dairy so had to steer away from that and back to soya again. I would like to find a cheese spread that was palatable though...don't like cement or clay! Maybe I'll see what Sainsbury's do...I know Morrisons don't stock anything.

Have you tried the tofutti cream cheese ? I had that on a carrot cake when I went for a dairy free afternoon tea in Manchester. It was very nice.

Well I got weighed last night as I wanted my diamond award so much and I had only put on 0.5lb so I am only 0.5lb over target which meant I got my certificate and my badge with a little diamond in it. I was bursting with joy !

:clap: Jaffa....for getting your diamond target award!! How much further down did you have to go...7lbs?

I've never heard of tofutti...do you know who sells that?

Glad to say that I weighed in this morning and STS....happy with that result.
Had a lovely day out and went to a reservior and walked our legs off! Gotta love that body magic! :party0011:

I used to be a target member in 2009 before going travelling for 5 years. I am returning to the UK in 3 months and can't wait to go back to SW. It might sound sad but I always loved going to meetings and I love to eat! Currently I live in Australia and have lost weight at my gym using their food counselling service and working out A LOT. I went from 12 stone to now around 10stone7lb over the last year, looking forward to getting the last stone off with slimming world. Too hard to do in Australia as the brands are all different :(

Hi Abigail, how amazing travelling for 5 years. I lived in Spain for 14 yrs, been back in the UK for 2.5 years now so know how different the foods generally are. I think that was one of the reasons I gained when I came back here...eating the foods I'd missed! I agree, attending the weekly group is very encouraging and supportive.
Are you returning to the same area you lived before? maybe your original group is still there.

Diamond member means I have kept within my target range for 12 months. I am not sure if you come out of target if the countdown starts again as I never have done. I have come close but reigned myself back in again.

I think some Sainsbury and Tesco might sell tofutti if they have an ethnic fridge section. I googled tofutti East Sussex and found a health food shop in Seaforth I think. I don't know if I have enough posts to post a link. Goodness direct might sell it as might other independent health food whole food shops or a big Holland and Barrett.

Kosher delis will sell it as it is marked kosher and halal

As usual America has loads of varieties but I think we just get one.

Hope that helps

Thanks Jaffa, I never knew that's how members earned that status. Hopefully I can get mine too...mid October isn't that far away and so far I haven't been out of range at all. Does that info come up automatically for the consultant or will I have to ask?
Thanks also for looking around about the tofutti, I used to actually live in Seaford before I moved to Spain. I'll look around here first before I go further a field. I have a vegan friend so will ask her if she knows what I can get it.

I've started a Diary now...really going to try and put a brake on my wild few days eating after weigh in...still probably have a few treats but a bit more spread out!

Grrr, I keep overeating at the moment because people are bringing all sorts of delicious things into work - date loaf, pavlova, profiteroles - all my favourites! We never used to have a treat-filled office but the culture has really changed lately.

I used to be good at resisting but it's harder when I'm maintaining, and also bored and a bit depressed.

Anyone got any tips for avoiding these things when maintaining?
Ta.

Grrr, I keep overeating at the moment because people are bringing all sorts of delicious things into work - date loaf, pavlova, profiteroles - all my favourites! We never used to have a treat-filled office but the culture has really changed lately.

I used to be good at resisting but it's harder when I'm maintaining, and also bored and a bit depressed.

Anyone got any tips for avoiding these things when maintaining?
Ta.

Think of how you were at your heaviest how you felt etc and ask yourself if you want to go back to that and hopefully that should quiet the food devils

Also as soon as I go 2.5lbs over target I pull myself in completely and swear I am NEVER going back to how I was. Weekly weigh ins at class keep me on track and I keep reminding myself how good I feel now and how this is the last time I am losing that two stone

I really enjoy going to group and have been at target for about a year, however had 2 big slip ups one 5lbs up and one 8lbs up over target as I wasn't going to group. I have just managed to get down to 1 under target but today our wonderful c mentioned that target members should only need to come once a month to group or if they are brand new target members to stay for a few weeks more until their weight settles for them. I've been to ww before sw and got to target with them too but always find it hard to maintain without group, I love hearing the new ideas everyone has etc. I also purchase books and hi fi bars so her profits would not be reduced by much. Not sure what to think now as I don't want to be there if we are not really that welcome. Is there a maintainers group online for continued support and ideas?

Hi Trixibelle, I'm not sure if there is a support group here too, possibly. Members who have posted here haven't mentioned one. I was hoping this thread could be some support to us target members.

I'm like Jaffa, got to target and have continued to attend group every week that I can...I agree, without it I'd be back out of control and don't want to be losing the same weight all over again. I think one of the bonuses is that we don't have to pay anything for our sessions.
In my group there are at least 5 target members who go every week. True the minimum attendance required is once a month but I think we all enjoy the social side too. I'm also part of the social team which I really enjoy.
Well done for getting back in target range again.

Last edited:
That's nonsense Trixibelle. Maybe your consultant didn't explain very well. As SW actively encourages target members to go to group to give help and advice to those still on their journey.

If you look at the slim for life area when you log into slimming world online and click on the club rules link for target members it is all clearly explained.

You only have to get weighed every 4 weeks to keep up your membership and access to the website. So maybe that's what she meant ?

Thanks to all you lovely peeps for the inspiration on this thread :D

I hit target two weeks ago, lost a further lb in my first week and managed a STS at this week's WI on Monday. I am 1lb out of my target range, but it's under and I'm not too bothered about having to pay ... I do though have a deep horror of gaining, even within my target range, and I guess I'm going to have to address that at some point.

At the moment I'm just taking things very cautiously! Eating completely as I normally do to lose (I do mainly Red) but adding in extra fruit (of all things lol) as it is something I had cut down on in my push to target. There is no way I'm stopping going to group weekly though - I feel like I need that element of external 'looking over my shoulder' if that makes sense.

It's a steep learning curve and a bit unnerving to be honest, so it's lovely to have this thread!

Hi Molly, good to have you here too.
Congrats on being a target member. You have done so well with your weight loss journey.
I know what you mean, it's almost like a 'fear of food' when you reach target, it took a while to get the balance right. And then I seemed to concentrate on my days eating based on what I could have for my syns...not the idea!!
I'm really glad I found Minimins as I've met some lovely fellow members and it's really inspired me to get back to where I should be going at target!!

Thanks Janet ... yes, a fear of food sums it up quite nicely - it's the gastronomic equivalent of picking up a snake and wondering if it's going to bite me ;)

I've just noticed where you live ... my Birthplace :D (well, strictly speaking I was born in St Leonards, but my grandparents lived on the West Hill until they died). I swear that's where my love of all fishy foods comes from!

Back