How do you make your shakes/soups

Was this helpfull?

• Total voters
Aaron, I agree, I have just added a bit of celery salt and chilli to the tomato one with a bit of boullion and it was actually delicious, I was not sure I could cope with the tomato one, but have to say I absolutely loved it this evening.

Garlic salt n chilli flakes added to the Tom n Basil does the job for me.
Stapo

I bought the bumper pack and i really hate the mushroom it made it better by adding more water 300-350ml and adding garlic, chilli and salt though it still tastes horrible lol.

For the thai chicken i use 300ml of hot water and add a sweetener and garlic chilli and salt, i actually hated it before but maybe the sweetener made it abit nicer?

I add coffee and 2 sweeteners to the vanilla and chocolate shakes, i hate vanilla and it was yum! and i can't get enough of the chocolate and coffee it's awesome!

For the banana and strawberry shakes i always put a tiny bit of boiling water in first to dissolve the sweetener then add cold water.

Had the banana in the blender with some ice cubes, came out nice and frothy and chilled! Was yummy to drink and filled me up!

I know a recipe for a 'power drink' by Nigella including banana, choc or choc ovaltine, coffee and milk blended up and its lovely.
so I recreated this, half banana sachet, half chocolate, shot of coffee or big spoonfull of coffee granules, then ice and water, all blended up -lovely!

That sounds pretty tasty meoww - im thinking i might have to get a proper blender to make crushed ice drinks as my stick blender doesnt seem to like ice :D

I tried a mushroom soup last night, wasnt too keen on it so will try adapting it next time. My herbs and spices in the cupboard have never seen so much use!

This is my cappuccino that I've just had. My gorgeous DH bought me a bean to cup coffee machine a couple of years ago. Coffee is one of my passions and I was dreading not been able to have my morning fix. I'd read about people adding coffee to their shake so thought I'd give it ago.

So I put 1 espresso in a cup, made half a pack of vanilla up with 150ml of water and heated it up with my steam wand. It increased in volume and tasted really creamy. Then finished it of with a grating of fresh nutmeg voila!

It really was delicious and because it only uses half a pack means I can have 2 a day......

that...is...brilliant!!

beaky31 said:
i just made my Tomato & Basil and it is so lumpy stirring like crazy to get the lumps out, any tips for de lumping?

Beaky try using a whisk, that works for me.
Hope this helps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You're a big man, and your out of shape.
But for me it's a full time job.”

Start Weight 27 St 6Lbs
Lighter Life
Wk 1 -15.5lbs, wk 2 -5.7lbs, wk 3 -0.6lbs, wk 4 -10lbs, wk 5 -4lbs,
wk 6 -5lbs, wk 7 -3.5lbs, wk 8 -2.5lbs, wk 9 -6lbs, wk 10 -5.7lbs.
Total LL loss 53lbs.
Exante
Wk 11 -8lbs, wk 12 +1.5lbs (Xmas), wk 13 -6lbs, wk 14 -4.5lbs,
wk15 + 5lbs (Naproxen)
wk16 -9.5lbs, wk17 -2.5lbs, wk 18 Dublin, wk 19 STS, wk 20 -3.5lbs,

GOALS
Lose 1 stone Done
Lose 2 stone Done
Lose 3 stone Done
Lose 4 Stone Done
Lose 5 stone Done,undone and Done again.
Next target is to get into the 21’s.Done (just)
Lose 6 stone
Get into the 20's
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diari...fe-exante.html (From Lighter Life to Exante) (From Lighter Life to Exante)

Last edited:
So glad I found this thread. I only like the milk shakes so will be trying out some of the ideas on here. Variety is the spice of life.

I know a recipe for a 'power drink' by Nigella including banana, choc or choc ovaltine, coffee and milk blended up and its lovely.
so I recreated this, half banana sachet, half chocolate, shot of coffee or big spoonfull of coffee granules, then ice and water, all blended up -lovely!

This is truly amazing!!!

I think i will be trying this one, sounds lovely!

Mmmm... Gonna have yo be tried as I love coffee in my vanilla and chocolate shakes.

Thanks

really love this thread so many ideas :)

My soups are always a bit lumpy - should it be hot water first then sprinkle on the soup or soup first and add hot water - I know it's a silly question but I am eating the lumps and would prefer not to. Thanks E

Add the powder to the water and use a whisk.
They are quite thick (which I like).
Hope this helps
Stapo

I dont think many people drink the vanilla the way it comes, why Exante dont just shove coffee in it and save us all the bother I dont know ;)

vanilla is my fav mmmmm chocolate is the worst but still drinkable.

I cannot get the soups to come out nicely using a whisk no matter what I do, I find that I have to use a stick blender, that does the trick.

Current favs - thai chicken plus a bit of tabasco, tomato & basil plus a bit of lea & perrins, mushroom plus cumin and black pepper, veg soup plus a bit of provencal herbs :)

Back