I really dont know what to do

Hi Aaleigha

Sorry ive not been on your diary much not been around this week, thank you so much for popping in to mine and continually supporting me - its appreciated!!

Hope your knees have eased up a little today and not been causing you too much pain! Randomly - i love your name, its lovely and really unusual!!!

Belated well done on your weight loss this week keep up the good work!!
x

Morning Aunty H :D

How are knees today?? Hope you at least had a great sleep!

What are your plans for the weekend? I'm having a lazy morning and then off to Bingo this afternoon ... then out with DH for some Vodkas and Nandos. No plans for Sunday at the moment, which I love :)

Twigs
xx

just popped by to say goodnight mum!!
night night honey pie sorry I missed you - kisses on forehead :):)

Morning Aunty H :D

How are knees today?? Hope you at least had a great sleep!

What are your plans for the weekend? I'm having a lazy morning and then off to Bingo this afternoon ... then out with DH for some Vodkas and Nandos. No plans for Sunday at the moment, which I love :)

Twigs
xx

Morning my little svelte (to be) Twiglet
I too had a lazy day - well morning even now I am here in my pj's - I need to shower before I get dressed - this afternoon I will be popping to town as I HAVE to check the amount in my bank account - as I have taken painkillers/anti-inflamatories and put the cream on my knees they arent too bad at the moment - so will park at furthest carpark and walk to town - DH can then go and get the car if it hurts too much to walk the hill back to the car

tomorrow as yet I have no plans - BUT I really really should tackle the ironing - if I dont the pile will soon fall over but worse than that I might have to buy some more clothes :)

Hi Aaleigha

Sorry ive not been on your diary much not been around this week, thank you so much for popping in to mine and continually supporting me - its appreciated!!

Hope your knees have eased up a little today and not been causing you too much pain! Randomly - i love your name, its lovely and really unusual!!!

Belated well done on your weight loss this week keep up the good work!!
x
Thanks so much for my visit - I love reading about your training - something I wish I could do - I know I can do a 10 mile walk (when the pain is under control) because I have done it - maybe just maybe one day I might be able to break into a trot - perhaps I should practice on the rebounder as that will take the shock of the landing out of the knees :)

as for the name its German and is a name of strength - thought I needed a user name with something about it - real name Hazel :) - not quite so interesting is it :)

Aww you have a very nice friend,hope the knees are feeling ok after resting them for abit?
xx

As for S yes she is the best - she child minded for me when I had to go to work and the kids were little - even took my dog to meet them from school so he got a walk too - and then when we got rescue dogs and I worked full time she was my dog walker/sitter - until her heart problems and the dogs went up to three - now she is their sitter and playmate on days I work :)
she really is a wonderful friend - we all need them dont we :)

Hi H

I tackled the ironing yesterday - should have bought yours round while I was on a roll :D

Glad the knees are better :) Enjoy your shopping

I'm still in my PJs too :D ... off to get showered and dressed now!

Speak soon
xx

Hi H

I tackled the ironing yesterday - should have bought yours round while I was on a roll :D

xx

Had I have known I would have brought it round I HATE ironing but I like the look of freshly ironed clothes

well after my lovely shower and hair drying session - I got dressed by which time DH was home from work - then I had a complete change of day

went to bank to see I have got enough money to spend :) made me quite happy

then we went shopping and I bought my MiL a new small freezer - here fridge/freezer broke down so her other son went looking for a new one for her (she was to pay for it) and the next she knew it was being delivered and it truly isnt suitable for what she needs - so off went DH and I to get her one - I would have took her with me - BUT she cant get in my car - so armed with photos and measurements we went back - she chose then we went and got it - and as we have a big car we delivered it too which means she doesnt have to have strange men in her house - something that would worry her

so I have done my dutiful DiL bit today and wont have to do anything else for her for ages :)

right off the finish the knitting for friends kids - if I can get the pattern to work - might need to rewrite it :)

My knees feel good - I cant believe the difference today from the last few days :)

Hey H... since you are doing REALLY well on the ironing fancy doing mine too?

Hey H... since you are doing REALLY well on the ironing fancy doing mine too?

Hey Roo that is SILLY yes in capitals - I havent started it yet - I LOVE diversionary tactics -

but it HAS to be started tomorrow - notice I never said I would do it all

A thinking post

Right this is one of my thinking posts and I really do want everyone who visits to say how they would turn it around - now it might not be applicable to me BUT any little changes I can make will all help

this week I have been so off track its ridiculous - ok I have been in pain and I should have started my meds sooner and yes I have been depressed - BUT I NEED to take control and stop anything getting in the way

so I need to refocus and so far I have thought of the following

I am allowed 19 pts a day and will divide them like this
breakfast 3 pts usually yog and cereal
lunch max 5 pts
dinner max 6 pts
that is 14 points and leave me 5 for snacks throughout the day

to go with this I will write down when I want to eat and why I think that is - am I truly hungry or bored or depressed - I am not saying I wont eat I am saying I will try to find out why I want to eat

if hungry I will have a drink and wait 20 mins before eating anything

ok over to you what can I add to my list that I can do to help me as from tomorrow - tomorrow is not of course the deadline for good ideas - but I AM not putting this off one day longer :)

Hi

It can be really hard sometimes trying to stay on track with the points, ive gone over by 4 today (gulp!!) not done that for a while but it is wi day so im not too bothered think i might go for a run 2moro morn tho just to shift it!!!

I think your list seems like the perfect answer to staying on track. I reckon you've spread out your points pretty well. I don't know about you but i always like to have a pretty decent dinner and that way I don't feel the urge to snack after tea time. I usually have;
2pts for breakfast
4 ish for lunch
and 9/10 for dinner, this seems to do the trick for me!

I definately think writing down everything helps and i notice a difference when i consistenly write in my food diary at top of forum. I also listen to paul mckennas i can make you think hypnosis cd, i have no idea if it works but i definately find myself stopping and thinking when im eating. It suggest things like putting your knife and fork down inbetween bites and thinking about your food when your eating etc, sounds corny but it definately seems to have some effect on me!

Hope you've had a good day and well done you for your fridge humfing antics today, surely thats earned you some APs
x

Hiya your plan sounds/looks ok to me too,but i have my most hungry time in the evening like CC..
I tend to have 2½-points for breki,usually aound 4-5 for lunch and about 10 for tea!i always drink 2-3 litres of water as well.

maybe you could cut down your snack points and increase them in one of your meals?
Just my thoughts but of course you do what is best for you hunny we are all different.
good luck with your week ahead xx :)

I definately think writing down everything helps and i notice a difference when i consistenly write in my food diary at top of forum.
I have started a diary there and you are right - I have stopped filling it in - so will write it all in a note book before (or as soon after as I can) then update the food diary on here daily - it will make me THINK about what I am eating

stopping and thinking when im eating. It suggest things like putting your knife and fork down inbetween bites and thinking about your food when your eating etc, sounds corny but it definately seems to have some effect on me!

now that seems sensible to me too - I will chew more and put my cutlery (or food if it is finger food) down between mouthfuls and not pick up until my mouth is empty - perhaps if I think about my food more it will seem more filling and I wont feel out of control as much
Hope you've had a good day and well done you for your fridge humfing antics today, surely thats earned you some APs
x

oh never thought about that - hope your right

Hiya your plan sounds/looks ok to me too,but i have my most hungry time in the evening like CC..
I tend to have 2½-points for breki,usually aound 4-5 for lunch and about 10 for tea!i always drink 2-3 litres of water as well.

now I have to admit drinking the water will be a big challenge - I will try to up my water intake too - I do know its important - thank you for the timely reminder

maybe you could cut down your snack points and increase them in one of your meals?
Just my thoughts but of course you do what is best for you hunny we are all different.
good luck with your week ahead xx :)
this too I think is a good idea - I was saving so many so I could have a good nibble in the evening BUT if I have fruit for snack in the morning and afternoon that would only be about 1.5 points so I can add some more food to the evening meal :) great idea thank you

Good Morning everyone - yes I know its silly o'clock and I really dont expect a reply for a while yet :)

here is my amended list of how I will take control - as from today - NO MORE EXCUSES

points will initially be divided as such

• breakfast 3pts
  • lunch 5pts
  • dinner 8pts
  • snacks 3pts
  • total 19pts
I WILL write down what I eat and when I eat it (or as soon as poss after) stating

• what I ate
  • how I felt - eg genuine hunger, depressed, bored etc
If I think I am hungry I WILL

• have a drink (if I can) and wait 20mins before eating anything - then only if I am hungry
  • or chew some sugar free gum for the 20 mins
I WILL

• fill in my online food diary (here) to help keep me accountable
When eating I WILL

• chew my food more and TASTE it
  • put my cutlery down between SMALL mouthfuls - or food if it is finger food
  • I will also leave something on the plate not matter how small - just because I CAN
I WILL drink more water every day

I will write this down and keep it on a loose sheet in my paper journal so I can move it to the right page each day

NO EXCUSES

Morning H

Sorry being late ariving in your diary but only just feeling up to posting again. Your plan looks fine and I think using more on your evening meal is a good plan as is having points for snacks. Limiting carbs in the evening works for me as well.

Hope the plan goes well

M

Morning H

Sorry being late ariving in your diary but only just feeling up to posting again. Your plan looks fine and I think using more on your evening meal is a good plan as is having points for snacks. Limiting carbs in the evening works for me as well.

Hope the plan goes well

M

'M'
thank you so much for the visit - it means a lot - as you know I have been reading your diary - even before I became a member here - it was one of those that inspired me to join :)

Hope everyone has a good day today and those with weigh ins do well

well today I had a bit of a lay in - knees are hurting again today - but I did wake up to heavy rain this morning so perhaps the weather does play its part :)

Breakfast went well
beans on one slice of wholemeal nimble - and mushrooms on a second slice - so kept to points there - I did eat slowly (it was cold when I finished it - and I did leave some

off to get a drink to up the water intake

then to sainsburys to stock up - think I will get a quorn cottage pie for dinner tonight - I would usually make one but cant be bothered :)

Then the dreaded ironing MUST be tackled - unless of course I buy something new in sainsburys :):)

Morning

Sounds like you have a firm grip on your eating for the week ahead, good luck with it. Hope you treat yourself to something nice at sainsbury's.

x

Thank you both

well today I stuck to my plan - even leaving food
BUT now I dont know if to go to class tomorrow - I know I have put on weight and I know why - so do I need to go to class

I am quite focussed today and will be so tomorrow too - I am wondering if a couple of weeks without class (next week is bank holiday) will mean I can step on those scales with a loss - might motivate me more than a gain

well something to think about until tomorrow - I need to make up my mind by 8.30 as that is when I have to leave to meet my friend if I go

so what does everyone think

honestly what would you do - not what would you advise but what WOULD you do

Back