Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Cleaned the kitchen and was going to make some soup to have over the weekend (working all 3 days, it BH here). But I forgot our gas is gone so no stove top to use. The oven is electric so still have that. I cooked a roast chicken last night so the leftovers are in a dish with butter beans, leeks and some baby potatoes and a jar of sauce over it. I know the sauce is very sweet and full of sugar but I cant make one myself with no stove top so it will do. Should be enough for a day or two.

Exhausted, haven't slept all night.
Was at work for 2 hours (staff meeting and bits and pieces) and meet all the temp staff who obviously don't know me and my skills and they relegated me to doing darn all for the busy weekend. I don't mind, what they don't realise is that I will be standing back and watching and making notes and recommendations for the next busy weekend.
Then I went swimming and felt I had lots of energy to burn off so decided to swim until I got tired. I did 46 lengths and knew I had at least another 8 in me but got asked to leave the pool as they were closing down. Got home and had some of the prepared chicken and butter beans and watched some TV. Went to bed at midnight and juts couldn't sleep, not only was my brain in overdrive but I felt I had too much adrenalin in me...everything was pulsing. At about 5am it was bright so I opened the curtains and read for about an hour. I stopped when my eyes got tired and tried to sleep again but couldn't really. So wrecked now and weak and dizzy. Having breakfast and will see if I can nap before work this afternoon.
I know the strange hours have just meant I don't have a set sleep/work/exercise/eat pattern now and I am just finding that I need to take time to adjust.

Weight same as Thursday

Gosh all that swimming must have made you physically tired - but I have the same problem, just can't get my brain to switch off in the middle of the night.

hopefully you'll sleep well tonight x

Hi, just catching up on your thread and wanted to say what a great job you're doing!!
Swimming sounds brilliant and the weight is just dropping off. keep going!!

Hi Bigbear, thanks.

Well up early and trying to plan breakfast as back at work in an hour and not sure when I am finished or if I will get to eat. Long day yesterday and ate very little, from 2pm to bed at 1am I had half a veggie burger and a slice of toast...not planned, just how the day went. And about 1.5l water. Scale is happy with me this morning so hopefully it stays good this week. I cant face having cider vinegar this morning so straight to my smoothie. I did get to sleep last night so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Funny how you can eat so little when you are distracted/busy with work. Makes me think about how psychological hunger and cravings are. I feel it particularly being at home a lot with the baby.

Glad the scales are showing your hard work xxx

Thanks, I may have undone it again with Chinese takeaway for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. But right now I don't care, I will weigh tomorrow and see how I am. Crazy two busy days at work and didn't sleep again last night. Having a day off today and not doing too much of anything.

7.30 am and I had a good sleep. A 4.5k walk yesterday followed by a sensible dinner at 7pm meant i was in bed by 11 and slept till 7am. Ready to get up now a test the scales.

Good luck for weigh in. What's Apple Cider Vinegar like? Do you find it helps?

Weigh in didn't go well.
I'm 1.1kg heavier than last Thursday, that's a major increase and I need to deal with that quickly.

It is an organic cider vinegar, not sure which one. The health food shop suggested it is good for cholesterol. I know it can help keep your skin clear from spots too.

Ok need, to plan my day and get lots of exercise in and make some healthy food.

You know, the gain may well be down to you eating so sporadically and not getting enough rest - and possibly not enough water?

I'm sure your food and exercise plan will see it whooshie away this week x

You know, the gain may well be down to you eating so sporadically and not getting enough rest - and possibly not enough water?

That's what I am hoping, my meals have been all at different hours and eating late isn't good for me, either for my weight or sleep pattern. All my body functions, including bathroom trips, are all over the place. I went to the pool and was nearly tempted to try he scale again but thought that would be overkill.
I know I had wine and takeaway but I walked so much at work and was up and down stairs and carrying heavy tables that I easily used up more energy than swimming or walking would have done...8 hours continuous activity.
Yes, my body and digestive system are not on their normal 24 hour cycle.
Water uptake is quiet good though, I have 3 litres of water or herbal tea each day, even at work I have my filter bottle near me at all times.

Anyway, good so far today. Smoothie for breakfast, 5o lengths of pool and what I normally have for second breakfast I had for lunch just now.

Wound up big time about something, I'm angry and tearful and every other negative emotion.....seething, that's one of them. Normal reaction would be f#ck it I need a glass of wine and then drink the bottle. But instead I cooked dinner (same as last night, chicken Kiev, new potatoes and asparagus. Planning on a walk when I'm done to keep me busy.

Oh gosh sorry something has made you upset - is it something we can help with?

Good idea to go for a walk, deep breaths and blow the cobwebs away x

Thanks.....no, nothing you can do. And because this is a public forum I don't want to say to much.
Its nothing life threating, just legal and financial cr&p.

Anyway, I did go for a walk....and I even got darling husband to come with me. We only walked 3.5k but even that was pushing him (he has a back injury from a car crash last year). And it did blow away the cobwebs, and I didn't eat or drink myself better. We even came back and did more holiday planning, its a case of we cant do anything about what is happening now but can have something to look forward to.

I've not got any further with formalising my job either...but decided its not worth concerning myself with. I can work casually for the summer and then make a decision about permanency after summer holidays.

Weigh in this morning was a bit nicer to me. I am now back at the weight I was last Thursday. I feel a bit more toned so think this excess is now digestive weight. I will try hard today and tomorrow for a good number on Friday and hopefully make little fishy move.

My new health app (I guess it almost the same as MFP but I just prefer it) is keeping me on my toes. I set of for the distance I want to walk and it calls out to me every 0.5k and tells me how I am doing. Great for me is it tells me my average speed and it stops when I do, I don't mean to stop but have the dog with me and she stops to smell and to pee and to catch mice. Anyway, if my average speed has dropped I can pick it up and keep going. My average speed is now 5.6k over a walk, not too bad.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

So with all the cr%p things and uncertainty going on in my daily life right now that I can do nothing about I have decided just to look forward to when things will be sorted one way or the other (sorry to be ambiguous but I have to be).

We are planning a holiday and that was one of the motivations to lose weight. I know most people tend to put on weight on holidays but for me it has always been the opposite, I would come home about 2kg lighter. This is because on holiday I get to walk and swim every day and eat great fresh food. This year will be different. We leave on 31st August for almost 4 weeks in France, 2/3 nights in a fancy hotel in a city and then 3 weeks in a house in SW France. House is 3km from a medieval village and had its own pool. Lots of swimming and walking and maybe even cycling.

I have looked at my weight now and what I can realistically do by then and my target of 68kg it just about reachable. This wont give me a bikini body by any means but I will no longer be obese but just overweight. It is about feeling more comfortable and being fitter, about been able to walk up cobbles streets in the heat, about not chaffing in summer dresses because flesh is rubbing against flesh. And about going into a French shop and being able to buy a shirt or skirt and not be looked down at...I have actually had a sales assistant tell me they had nothing to fit me when I was browsing in a shop.

I will be happy to over indulge on food and wine and if I go at 68kg would be content to come back 2 kg heavier. It still leaves me at a nice 70kg and time to go down further to reach age 50 at a respectable weight.

Juts thinking out loud trying to put things into perspective for myself.

Hey Tipps - sorry to hear you are going through some cr!p at the moment, but way to go at looking forward to something lovely, a 4 week holiday in SW france sounds amazing and the weather should be glorious. I have always fancied staying in a house in rural France or Italy.

The thought of being on holiday and not being overly sweaty and uncomfortable in the heat due to my size is something I have always put up with, but to not have that sounds wonderful! I would love to wear a bikini, I am not fussed about looking like a model in it, but having the confidence to not worry about what other people think when they look at me, would be amazing. Right now I am ashamed of how I look - in order to do it, you need to love and accept yourself. There are a lot of people out there who stick two fingers up at what other people think. .. a old friend of mine ALWAYS wears a bikini and she is a bigger girl, her thoughts are "brown fat looks better than white fat"!!! I love her outlook on life.
x

Ditto what Charley says - really sorry to hear there is stuff weighing your mind down, but you're doing so brilliantly at all the exercise and planning for the holiday - which sounds wonderful, I'd love a pool!

Thanks, Charley and Lady. I love swimming and we have decided that if we ever did live in France a pool is a must. I would be happier to live in a caravan with a pool that a chateau without one. Our two daughters are once again getting excited about our holiday too and planning on arriving for a few days....not a surprise really its what they have done the past three years. Daughter one even got special permission to fly when she was 36 weeks pregnant and last year we had the baby with us......

I drove to Dublin yesterday and stopped at a shop I like buying clothes in. They sell floaty light summery things in unusual styles in cotton and linen. I picked up 3 tops and a dress to try on, all one size and all 4 where too big for me.:D
They are meant to be baggy and floaty but they did nothing for me at all. I got to look and see how my weight is now distributed and I have lost a lot of fat from my back...all that swimming and aqua jogging. My upper and lower abdomen are still huge. Lower abdomen is now lose and baggy and can be squashed into trousers but upper abdomen still very big, too much fat around me liver and other essential organs. This is always the hardest to lose.

No work today (though I am sure I will get about 3 phonecalls about various things) so after my smoothie I want to clean the kitchen and then am collecting baby for a walk, though its raining again.

Back