Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Wow Tipps you are really rocking the exercise - and it's obviously paying off with higher energy levels.

Be careful of your face in the pool though, you don't want a repeat of the skin trauma you had before! I wonder if you might be uber sensitive to the chlorine?

I love the sound of your big walk - everyone walks here but there are no footpaths and the thought of being hit terrifies me!

Thanks, yep, I think it will be a weekend off swimming for me and I am staying away from the Jacuzzi. The pool has a constant filtration system and is quite low in chlorine but the Jacuzzi has lots of chlorine.
I dropped my car to be serviced yesterday and walked home along the river with the dog. The weather started off good but started to rain about 3km from home. I wasn't sure how long the walk would be and my iPhone measured it as 10.5kms so very pleased with that and over 600 calories burned. I was pleased that my heart and lungs had no problem with the walk, my feet got a bit tingly twice but each time I stopped and sat for 5 minutes and then was fine to set off again. The last kilometre was on the road, I could have continued through the field but it was raining heavily and the wet grass was knee high. It was only on the road that my knees got tired and finally when I got home and sat down my hips decided that they'd had enough.
My meals where sensible enough yesterday but then I sat down and had almost a full bottle of wine (over about 6 hours I must say, not just chugged down) and some chocolates. Idiot. All that walking done away with.
I know I need to change habits and this can be done by setting new routines and patterns but until I get some sort of work schedule I have no idea of what I am doing for day to day and seem to eat, drink and exercise when I can.

The wine has given me a heavy head (no surprise) and I am to go to work today and tomorrow but have no idea about next week. I don't know what hours I am working each day either, its annoying not been able to plan ahead. It will be about mid June before I have a proper schedule.

Weight at the end of this week the same as at the beginning but I think some of that is internal (intestines) weight. My legs feels more toned. Ironically the fat is more obvious now on my upper thighs, as my legs get toned I am losing fat from bottom to top so now instead of having a even wobbly layer from knee up it is all just on my upper inner thigh. My arms are similar, instead of just fat from elbow up I have inner wobbly arms and they look really bad.
I feel a lot better, I am walking taller...or so it feels.

And I can wear heels again, in fact I bought a new pair of strappy high heels for summer.

Communion party next weekend and I am hoping to wear something nice and look good for it. I have an outfit I wore for a wedding two years ago which would be perfect but the shoes to go with it are too loose for me now and I haven't been able to find another suitable pair. If the weather is cold I can wear tights and boots.

Very annoyed with myself. I am now 100g heavier than last weigh in. I was expecting a drop of about 300g this morning and was p*ssed off with my weight.
I need to be stricter with myself this week and am starting off well today.
Did 42 lengths in the pool yesterday, 20 swimming and 22 jogging. I actually could have done a few more but wanted to come home to make dinner before it was too late.

Plan for today is similar. I am home for breakfast and maybe a short walk then off to work for about 4 hours office work. I will be there over lunchtime so bringing some quorn Bolognese with me and will have it with wholemeal bread. Then I have a cookery class and will try to swim before I come home.

I went to Tesco after swimming to see if I could get some new trousers and a top for work. I picked up 3 pairs of black trousers in different styles, bootcut, straight, slim...to see which looked best and made sure I only took size 12s. The dressing rooms were closed so I took a chance on the slim ones. Tried them on at home and the bum fits, the thighs a teeny bit loose but the belly still too tight. Well I can fasten them but would be worried they would pop open. But my stomach is very bloated right now so hopefully by the weekend they will be good.

I also bought a new bra, it was a fancy one on sale...not my normal huge contraptions. I bought the size I currently wear but is was a small fit. Well as expected one cup is a bit small and one is too big. I was trying to explain my size difference to darling husband and as expected his reaction showed he hadn't noticed much difference. He got really concerned and said I should go to the doctor if one was swollen as something must be wrong. So I had to explain that one wasn't swollen, the other one had shrunk.

Cookery class last night was fish goujons with salad and dip. So here is the recipe, one again I am not saying it is diet friendly but we did make adjustments to it to make it healthier than the original plan.
The original plan was fish and chips with coleslaw and tartare sauce and we had
Baked cod goujons
Potato wedges
Carrot salad
Avocado and yougurt dip

For the cod cut some cod into strips and dry off with a towel.
Coat lightly with some 0% fat greek yougurt.
In a plastic bag bash up some wheetabix and cover the cod in the wheetabix crumbs.
Put on an over try and bake at 180 C for about 8 minutes.

For the potato wedges wash the potatoes and cut into wedges with the skin on.
Tosh in some sunflower oil and sprinkle with dried herbs,
Roast at 180 C for 40 minutes

Grate about 3 carrots into a bowl.
Add a tablespoon of poppy seeds and a tablespoon of sultanas.
Stir in a tablespoon of sunflower oil and the same of white wine vinegar.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Cut an avocado in half and mash until smooth.
Stir in a tablespoon of 0% fat greek yougurt and salt and pepper to taste.

There we go, healthy fish and chips with salad and dip

Have a good day everyone.

Busy dealing with stuff but hope to he back Monday with renewed enthusiasm

Popping in for a quick hello while drinking my warm water with cider vinegar and lemon (it's uck but nothing compared to those antibiotics I was taking). Then I plan on having my smoothie and would like to go to town for a swim and stop to buy a pair of tights. Then it's off to a family party today about 90 minutes away. I am hoping my flowery short skirt and top will fit and look good, I wore it to a wedding about 2 years ago, if not I have lots of tops and shoes to go with my white jeans.

I haven't weighed in all week and for May I have lost no weight, I just don't know if I have put any on but will leave that until tomorrow.
We had an amazingly bad week which I wont go into but involved a major rush to a solicitor and 3 days no sleep with worry. It's not sorted yet but we can do no more, it is just a case of waiting now. So while it sidetracked me and sabotaged my diet plans I won't let it spill into next week. I am hoping to go shopping tomorrow and stock up on lots of veg to make soups for the week.

And I downloaded a new app for my phone, Samsung Health, it has lots of features including pedometer, water tracker and food tracker so I have been playing with that.

Oh Tipp I'm so sorry to hear about your home dramas, it doesn't matter how strong you are, that kind of stuff will railroad anyone! Hope it all gets sorted soon.

I love the cod, wedges and carrot salad meal - might try that myself! You can't get cod here, but can get something similar. I'm not sure about white wine vinegar though - could I use apple cider vinegar instead?

Absolutely, its just a touch of oil and vineger to make a salad dressing so whatever suits your taste. I actually prefer it without any but the dressing does plump up the sultanas. It would be just as nice with no dressing or sultanas but with some fresh orange slices.

I normally make chicken goujons coated in mayonnaises and then crumb them with broken wheatabix or any cereal left in the press but we tried the greek yougurt as it had no fat. The fish goujons will work with any white fish really.

Got up to have my "proper breakfast", decided a smoothie was a bit heavy right now....its very hot and sticky even though the sky is grey. Also decided I just couldn't face the cider vinegar either so was going straight for brown toast and a poached egg. But all the bread is mouldy so now I am having left over Chinese takeaway.

Plan a walk with the dog and then need to go shopping, both for us and for my cookery class tonight. Its apple tart, rhubarb crumble and custard...so I wont give you any recipes today. I also need to take the cat to the vet to have his stitches out.
I might go swimming after my cookery class but will see how I feel later.

Oh good thinking on the orange slices - I like using fresh orange juice over salad anyway, thanks for the reminder :).

And lol on the Chinese for brekkie - some days are just like that eh? :)

Back home and eating dinner. I did some shopping and my son must have come home, cooked dinner, eaten it and gone out again as I found some new boiled potatoes cooked and courgettes and tomatoes cooked too. So I am having them with a grilled chicken burger.

Didn't go for a walk, too much to do in the house but I have been for a swim after class. 42 lengths in total, 12 swimming and 30 aqua jogging so lots of exercise. Still a bit afraid of the scales but promise I will weigh in tomorrow and tell you all the good or bad news.

I managed to wear the outfit I had originally planned this weekend, so that is two size goals I have reached. The first was to get new jeans for my daughters birthday...which I did...and the pretty top, skirt and heels that I wore yesterday. I need to keep going though and drop down a dress size.

I was also to go for my blood tests this week but will leave it another two weeks and allow any alcohol and sugar get out of my system. I need a nice weight loss number to give the doctor so he will give me more time before putting me on a blood pressure monitor.
We are also planning our holiday in September for our wedding anniversary (still hard to make firm plans till cr*p sorted out). It looks like we will book a house in France and it will have a pool so lots of swimming for me. It is about 3km from a lovely village and darling husband has suggested we rent bikes to get in and out. He asked me if I could still cycle...the nerve of him...I said yes but wouldn't mind some practice first to get back in shape. He has a belly and isn't as overweight as I am but doesn't realise that I am fitter than him, 3km on a bike will be a shock to him. If I can manage to get to 68kg I will be very happy to go away on holiday.

Yes, I am looking forward to it. We have been to the area a few times and love it, tiny villages, very French people and great small vineyards. We are being very specific this time about where we are going as it is an area we would eventually like to live in so may be looking at the type of properties available. It is also on part or the Camino which is a long term plan for me (with a new super fit body) and I may do one or two sections of it just to see.

Oooh living in France would be fabulous! It was a real toss up for me between France and Italy - still might think about moving there at some point in the future :)

Anyway, enough about happy holidays I weighed myself.

I am now 74.8kg which is half a kilo heavier than at the beginning of the month.
I am annoyed with myself as I seemed to be doing well but I suppose that's what complacency does for you. I know what caused it so logic says I should be able to stop it. Well as you all know not putting on weight can be enough of a struggle without also trying to lose it.

So, I have given myself a good talking too. I have done some shopping but need to stock up on lots of veg. I love veg but prefer cooked veg to salads, in fact my acupuncturist has said I shouldn't really eat raw food at all.

I did 42 lengths last night and will try some more tonight. Though I have a busy evening, a cookery class and then an open night of our knitters group so it will be about 9pm before I get to the pool. It will depend on whether I eat before I go out. I have to stop at the library first and leave of lots of knitted things. I want to bring the doggy for a walk too.

Oooh living in France would be fabulous! It was a real toss up for me between France and Italy - still might think about moving there at some point in the future :)

No brainer for us...darling husband it French, and I know more about French wine than Italian.

I love veg but prefer cooked veg to salads, in fact my acupuncturist has said I shouldn't really eat raw food at all.

Why not try the soup thing like me? I'm finding it a great way to get all the leafy greens in, plus fill me up so I don't head for the carbs!

No brainer for us...darling husband it French, and I know more about French wine than Italian.

LOL always good to know lots about wine. I speak more French than Italian and, being a bit of a gypsy, I haven't ruled out going there. Been there many times, different parts, and I really love French markets for the supersized fruit and veg - they don't do markets like that in Abruzzo :(. Funnily enough, I was daydreaming about buying a house in a little coastal town in Brittany or Normandy...:rolleyes:

Why not try the soup thing like me? I'm finding it a great way to get all the leafy greens in, plus fill me up so I don't head for the carbs!

Yep, that's exactly what I do, and have to say I am the best soup maker I know. I normally make soup on Sunday for the week but now I am working all weekend so just need to find another day to sort this out.

Been there many times, different parts, and I really love French markets for the supersized fruit and veg - they don't do markets like that in Abruzzo :(. Funnily enough, I was daydreaming about buying a house in a little coastal town in Brittany or Normandy...:rolleyes:

Much further South for us, around Cahors I think but definitely South West

Back