IAIMTOBETHIN Food Diaries.......

Feel naughty as have made no plans for food today, so it could be a grab and run day. Have been looking at loads of other peoples food diaries and - cant remember who now, but the thought of making up a weeks worth of food and freezing it and taking out each day is an EXCELLENT one and must meal plan next couple of days to acheive this as all i seem to do is prepare vegetables, cook and wash up. Bit excited about doing this, just one evening of batch cooking could leave me 2 free days during the week - yay!! Anyhoos, today so far.....

Thursday 17 June

Green Day

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Milk (hexA)

Lunch
99% FF Batchelors Noodles
Muller yogurt
Melon, pineapple, strawbs, apple.

Dinner - must use up weekends veg me thinks
110g Pork steak (hexb plus 3 syns?)
Roast tatties
Cauli, brocolli, peas, carrots green beans.
Plain cous cous mixed with onion, courgette, red pepper.
4 tsp bisto best granuals (2 syns)

Went out to watch a Darts team, took with me
Banana
3 babybel light (hexA)

They brought food out so also ate..
Thick white bread cheese and onion sarnie with marg. (30 syns) Havent eaten white bread in 2 years!
1 sausages (8 syns)

Wont go into how stupid i feel about eating that - but also felt rotten physically pretty soon as i swalllowed the last mouthfull.

Last edited:
Feel naughty as have made no plans for food today, so it could be a grab and run day. Have been looking at loads of other peoples food diaries and - cant remember who now, but the thought of making up a weeks worth of food and freezing it and taking out each day is an EXCELLENT one and must meal plan next couple of days to acheive this as all i seem to do is prepare vegetables, cook and wash up. Bit excited about doing this, just one evening of batch cooking could leave me 2 free days during the week - yay!! Anyhoos, today so far.....

Thursday 17 June

Green Day

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Milk (hexA)

Lunch
99% FF Batchelors Noodles
Muller yogurt
Melon, pineapple, strawbs, apple.

Dinner - must use up weekends veg me thinks
110g Pork steak (hexb plus 3 syns?)
Roast tatties
Cauli, brocolli, peas, carrots green beans.
Plain cous cous mixed with onion, courgette, red pepper.
4 tsp bisto best granuals (2 syns)

Ooh, can anyone tell me how to add my stats etc on the left hand bit under my name? Everytime i go to click on the links it tells me i dont have permission. Many thanks. x

Hi

I think you can only amend your stats under User CP once you have made 50 posts or more.

Well done on the diary - Also well done on being honest with it too - Thats great inspiration for me as i am a little naughty xxxx

Hi

I think you can only amend your stats under User CP once you have made 50 posts or more.

Well done on the diary - Also well done on being honest with it too - Thats great inspiration for me as i am a little naughty xxxx

Thank you - will wait a tad longer then. x

Friday 18 June

Feel rotten, tummy ache etc from last nights food. Anyhow friend got me the Curry Heaven book and have found LOADS of lovely recipies i wanna batch cook this week. Ordered all my meat to arrive from Mr Tesco tomorrow and cant wait to get cracking. Next week is looking extra easy. So am going to pack as much superspeed foods in as possible to make up for my disatrous last couple of days.

Green Day

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Milk (A)

Lunch
Potatoes, broc, cauli, carrots, stock cube.
Muller light
Melon, pineapple

Dinner - went to local Harvester.
Jacket potato
Beans
Chicken breast (B)
Iceberg, beetroot, grated carrot.
2 1/2 Rolls (B +9 syns)
2 pats of butter (4 syns)
Kids size Ice cream Sundae shared with daughter. (15 syns??)

4 mini wham bars

Total Syns

-------------------------------------------

I cant seem to stop this relentless binging - From tomorrow i am a changed woman, i am cooking batches of curry and other recipies and will stick to it this week for Sure!

Saturday 19 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Melon, strawbs, grapes, Muller yogurt.
Followed 2 hours later by
2 WW sausages (1)
Pork steak
2 fried eggs
2 onions, 6 large mushrooms, 1 leek

Lunch
SW Scotch egg. 2 x WW sausages (1), egg, cous cous.
2 Apples

Dinner - OMG this was delicious!
Chicken Dansak from Curry heaven book - Free!
Scoop of cooked rice.
vanilla muller yogurt with fromage frais and hot choc options (2) mixed in

Sofa Snacks
4 Ryvita (B)
4 Crackerbread (4)
4 Laugh Cow extra light (A)
Strawberries / apple

Total Syns 8

Last edited:
Sunday 20 June

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Splash Milk (2.5)
2 apples

Lunch
Large salad, mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot.
Salmon, boiled egg
1 Tbsp Heinz Extra light salad cream (1)
Muller yogurt

Dinner
Gamon, 1 WW sausages (0.5)
Roast potatoes
Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans.
4 tsb Chicken gravy (2) 2 tsp beef bisto best (2)
Mini Twister lolly (2.5)

Sofa Snacking
Sugar Free Jelly (1.5)
4 ryvita (b)
2 wholegrain crackerbread (2)
3 Laughing cow light (A)
Hot choc options (2)
Apples

Total Syns 16

So far i have made a lasagne for tomorrow - extra easy cook book. gonna try and be one meal ahead each day this week - saves me constantly in the kitchen plus i can plan ahead and around - so hopefully no naughty picking. Loved loved loved the dansak last night, quite easy to make, but takes a long time to cook - but so so worth it.

Last edited:
Monday 21 June

Had a sneeky look on the scales - 2 pounds off!! Theres motivation for me.

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Splash SS Milk (1.5)
2 apples

Lunch
left over veg, onion and potatoes, 1 x WW saus (0.5) gammon, stirfried with veg stock cube.
Muller yogurt
pineapple, strawbs

Sw Quiche - starving!
Cottage cheese
2 eggs
Mushrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes, bacon.

Dinner
SW lasagne from Extra Easy book (0.5 for the parmesan) - didnt eat most of this, it was disgusting!
SW Chips
20g lf cheese (A)

Sofa Snacks
Pudding rice
Splash SS Milk (1.5)
Apples, narna, pineapple
4 ryvita
2 crackerbread
2 laughing cow & 1 babybel (a)

Total Syns 4

Last edited:
So wanted sweeties last night as my baby girl is very poorly and was attached to me most of the evening. Resisted though - yay! and feel good for doing so this morning. However, think i have been eating way to much fruit, especially apples as i have a very dodgy tummy this morning.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
Splash of Milk (half a)

Dry fried Leeks, onions, mushrooms, bacon. (using up left overs in fridge)

Lunch
Chicken and Sausage 1 pot - extra easy book. 2 x ww sausage (1)

Dinner
Easy tuna bake - extra easy book
(1) for parmesan will put on top
21G lf cheese (half a)

Going to daughters nursery leavers open evening tonight where they will be having a bbq - this could be a danger zone if i cant show restraint - hope they have chicken legs!

Showed massive restraint whilst sitting on a table COVERED with chocolate cakes, gateaux's. lemon merringne pies, burgers, sausages etc etc. Had nothing. Didnt really feel great today. Will total up syns as above but didnt eat more than a tablespoon of dinner.

Sofa snacks
2 x batchelors 99% FF thai noodles 8pm
2 apples - 10pm
Boiled egg sarnie (b) 10pm
Starburst (11)

Total syns 13

Last edited:
Really glad you are trying out new recipes as I think that is the key to sticking to plan. Looks like you are doing great and replacing those unhealthy snacks for healthier HEB's and syns. Hopefully if you have your dinner and .5 litre of water before going to the open evening you won't go overboard at the bbq. Have you tried the Ryvita Wholegrain CrackerBreads (6 as a HEB) and are quite nice.

Well looks like, planning and extra easy has worked this week. Morning weigh in - lost 3 pounds!!!! I am now 14.13. That sounds sooo good to be into the next stone.

Will be trying to do some batch cooking later as it looks like my 4 year old and 11 1/2 month old have chicken pox so might be busy chasing them will calamine lotion and calpol for a few days.

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Pudding rice
Splash of milk (A)

Lunch
2 x meat free sausages
Potatoes, onion, mushroom, pepper
scrambled egg, beans
pineapple, melon, strawbs, Muller yogurt

Dinner
2 Pork Steaks
2 ww Sausages (1)
Roast tatties
Cauli, brocoli, carrots and red pepper.
3 tsp of bisto best beef gravy - (3)

Sofa Snacks
2 Nimble Bread
2 eggs
2 apple
Freddo bar (5)

Total Syns 9

Havent planned food for tomorrow, so maybe a green easy day......

Last edited:
Ooh hi Meli, looks like we were both posting at the same time. Yes cooking new food has been very good - the Curry Heaven book has inspired me to try new things - my god that biriani was fab!

Yep got some wholegrain cracker bread but no cheese to go with it - have been to supermarket twice already this week and have forgotten it both times!

Havent had chance to look at minimins yet this morning :cry:as have been down the docs with the 2 youngest - hows your week been?

x

Congratulations on your 3lb loss- knew you were doing well!
I haven't stuck 100% to plan last week, but aiming for a good loss this week. I also have the Curry Heaven book, but have yet to try some recipes out.
Sorry to hear about your kids having Chickenpox!!! Have some healthy snacks around for those stressful times this week :)

Congratulations on your 3lb loss- knew you were doing well!
I haven't stuck 100% to plan last week, but aiming for a good loss this week. I also have the Curry Heaven book, but have yet to try some recipes out.
Sorry to hear about your kids having Chickenpox!!! Have some healthy snacks around for those stressful times this week :)

Oh Meli, sorry to hear that. Perhaps now i am getting back on the straight and narrow (I declined to share half a large bar of choccie and walkers sensations tonight with hubby !!) i can offer some assistance to you. Like for instance - have a go at one of the curry heaven recipies, once you have all the basic spices its so easy - and oh so delicious & filling.

When i usually have a good loss, the following week is usually a STS or put on - but this time i am determined to fight it!;)

Onwards and upwards! :)

x

Miserable, knackered and irratable today - hmm * week coming??

Thursday 24 June 2010

Green Day

Breakfast
Pudding Rice
75ml SS Milk (1/2 a)

3 x Asda dunking oat cookies - (24?) That should cover it.

Lunch
2 x Tesco meat free sausages
Smash buttery, Beans, 1 egg, onions

Afternoon
Melon, Pineapple, apple, Muller light yogurt

Dinner
Onion / Cheese Omlette
42g LF cheese (a)
SW chips. Pork steak (b)
1 Tesco meat free sausages.
Baked beans

Sofa Snacks
stressed, angry and upset. off the scale on syns. large bar of dairy milk, banana and shrimp foamy sweets and a cheese roll - flaming * week!

---------------------------------------------------
line drawn

Total Syns - off the scale!

Last edited:
I am declaring from next week and forever after that fridays are "no cook Friday's" I have a few currys made now in the freezer from "curry heaven" book and will get those out each week.

This morning was hectic, with another trip to the doctors and didnt really have breakfast and didnt eat till late. So i ate a pack of jelly sweets whilst waiting 20 minutes for my lunch to cook :mad::cry:

Friday 25 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast
1 and 1/2 small bananas

Lunch
Jelly sweets (10?)
SW scotch egg made with 2 x ww sausages (1) and cous cous
large salad. Salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot
Heinz Extra light salad cream (1)
Salmon fillet.
Muller yogurt & 2 apples

Late afternoon
Pineapple

Dinner
Lamb Rogan Josh from "Curry Heaven" - didnt really like it that much.
Added extra onion and peppers with it as will serve it with rice.

Pudding Rice, milk, pineapple.

BB Sofa Snacks
Scan bran cake - 5 scan bran (b), 2 dessert spoons syrup (4), 2 eggs, Hot choc options (2)
3 wholegrain crackerbread (3)
1 laughing cow (1)
Strawbs, sugar free jelly (1.5)

Total Syns 23.5

I am gonna be a saint tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Saturday 26 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast - late
Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, onions, ham

Lunch
2 x WW sausage (1), bacon, egg, beans
Muller, various fruit salad

Dinner
Chicken Korma & Rice from "curry heaven" book - yuk, think i put too much liquid in. Added extra onion as was serving rice with it, also because i grated 1 onion and could barely see it!

Sofa Snacks
2 ryvita and 3 crackerbread (b)
3 laugh cow extra light (a)
sugar free jelly (1.5)
small pack of sweeties (10?)
apple, melon, pineapple, strawbs, grapes
Onken fat free vanilla yogurt 1/4 of tub.

Total syns 12.5

15 minutes on wii. Wii very unkindly told me i have put on 5 pounds since thursday - suppose it was an hour after dinner.

Last edited:
Sunday 27 June 2010

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Ham, onion, mushroom omlette, baked beans

Lunch
2 x WW sausages (1), pork steak, loads of onions, egg.
melon, grapes, pineapple, strawbs, apple.
Muller light yogurt

Dinner
Went to Carvery
Gammon, beef, turkey.
Cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn & Carrots - thats all the veg they had :(
2 boiled potatoes, 3 roast potatoes (6 syns?)
Yorkshire pudding (5?) Stuffing ball (5?)
Gravy (6 syns?)

Sofa Snacks
3 x WW brown danish bread (b) made into a ham salad triple decker, lettuce, cucumber and beetroot.
1 dessert spoon Heinz extra light salad cream (1)
Apples, pineapple.

Total Syns 24

Have a menu plan for next 2 days and have made a quiche for breakfast / Lunch tomorrow. Quick check of the scales shows i have put on what i lost last week!! Silly moo, all my own fault!!

Last edited:
Monday 28 June 2010

Red Day

Breakfast
Half Quiche. Made with 2 x WW Sausage (1), bacon, onion, peppers, LF cottage cheese and 2 eggs.
Muller yogurt, apples.

Lunch
Large salad. Mixed leaves, cucumber, beetroot, tomatoes, spring onions, red onion. Half SW quiche, Salmon fillet. 1 dessert spoon Heinz Extra Light Salad cream (1)

Dinner
Chicken, Roast potatoes (b)
Cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, peas, green beans, red pepper.
4 tsp Bisto Best Chicken Gravy (2)
Tesco Ice lolly (2?)

Sofa Snacks
Apples, Strawbs. Ham
Triple decker salad sarnie - 3 WW danish brown bread (b)
3 Babybel light (a) Salad leaves, cucumber, beetroot. Extra Light salad cream (1)
Options hot choc (2)

Total Syns 9

Was gonna be an extra easy day, but looked more like a red day, so changed to red.

Last edited:
Tuesday 29 June 2010

Green Day

Breakfast
Pudding Rice, Milk (a)

Lunch
Stir fried roast pots, carrots, cauli, green beans, brocolli, onions, mushrooms. Stock cube.

Mid Afternoon
Batchelors 99% FF Noodles
Half pot Onken FF Vanilla yogurt

Dinner
Spicy bean and sausage casserole - "Feast for a fiver" book.
Haricot beans
Black eyed beans
Onion, carrot (i added this as extra)
6 Meat free & "free" sausages.
3 tsp harissa paste, vegetable stock, worstershire sauce. All bubbling up and smelling nice in slow cooker.
Verdict: nice but not enough of it - served 2 small portions not 4.

Sofa Snacks
2 ryvita, 3 wholegrain crackerbread (b)
2 laughing cow & 1 babybel light (a)
3 WW Brown Danish (b)
Salad, heinz extra light salad cream (1)
Apple, pineapple, Melon.

Total Syns 1

Need to look up recipies for courgettes, we have loads of huge ones growing in our garden. I put them in chillies, stir frys and bolognaise bit need to be a bit more creative....

Last edited:
Wednesday 20 June 2010

Weigh in: 15 stone. Put on 1 pound.

Extra Easy

Breakfast
Pudding Rice, 100ml SS milk (3)

Lunch
Omlette - eggs, mushroom, courgettes, onions, 2 slices of ham.
42g lf cheese (a)
3 Tesco meat free sausages, baked beans
Muller light yogurt

Mid afternoon
Strawbs, grapes, melon, pineapple

Dinner
Sausage and Chicken hot pot from "one pot wonders" Serves 2 - 4. (another SW fave of mine - will make enough to freeze for "no cook Friday's")
Cook the sausages, then chop up, then throw everything in slow cooker.
6 WW sausages (1.5syns) , chicken, peppers, onions, carrots, chicken bovril, curry powder, passata, garlic, black pepper, mixed herbs. Gonna add tin of tomatoes, extra onion and pepper to allow a scoop of rice to be served with it.

Sofa Snacks.
2 Ryvita, 3 Crackerbread, Apples

Total Syns 4.5

Last edited:
Back