In it to Slim it....Atkins Plan

Non scale victory. My wedding ring fits. I took them off while I was pregnant. Then they fit after I had my daughter. Then I started getting fat when she was 6 months. I took my wedding ring off when she was 14months and haven't worn it since. My engagement ring fitted me still. Now my wedding ring fits and comes on and off nicely. My fingers are a small measurement and I thought it would never fit again. Yay

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
I weigh myself each day. Looks like I'm heading for a stay the same when I weigh in Monday (currently 0.5lb gain) I've been under 25g carbs each day and I'm under 1600 calories each day. So I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I heard when you exercise more (insanity!!!!) your body holds onto water to protect the muscles you have worked. So I'm hoping its that.
Either way I'm sticking with the plan and hope to see change soon.

Omg! I'm having a melt down. I swear my period is in its way, i'm emotional and annoying, not due for over a week.

So all I'm doing is going out to shops and then to get my daughters first hair cut. Nowhere special and I just can't find anything to wear. I just feel fat in everything. I'm over 10lbs down from a few weeks ago and I've never felt this fat before. All my clothes are my normal size from before I gained weight. I don't have many outfits for this size. I'm just looking at stuff I want to wear and know it won't fit. Then I don't want to buy size 16/18 because I am aiming to lose the weight. My boobs are the biggest they have been in my life. I know some girls would love this and flaunt them, but I just need to cover them up.

I decided on a very boring fat girl outfit. Awful for a summery day but I feel too self conscious to get my arms out.

I'm seriously going crazy. I feel like I can't leave the house. Not sure what up with me today. This pic at 225.5lbs

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Ok take a deep breath. What ever you do don't panic. Either stay at 25 or go down to 20 but not up. Which will feel best for choices on food? Most important is the one you can stick to. Lc is not linear so this is not a stall.

Trust the process and give your monthly cycle a chance to get out the way.....

Keep going xx

As Katie says don't panic. More than likely water rentention due to TOTM. If anything up your fats, avocado, salmon or Olives are easy ways to get fat in. This will pass.
With alcohol stick to clear spirits or dry wines. Baring in mind that although you will stay in ketosis your body will burn the alcohol first before reverting back to fat burning.

Well done on your ring fitting too x

Thanks @Kat1e I was having a moment yesterday. Cycle isn't due for a while, I just felt like that sort of day.

Day 21
Went out for a friends birthday lunch today and I did well. It was a trendy bar that sell amazing food and cocktails. Everything didn't seem Atkins friendly, or seemed covered in sauce I wasn't sure about. So I ordered a chicken and bacon Caesar salad. It was
Chicken, Bacon, Green Salad, Cucumber, Green pepper, Onion, Parmasan Cheese, Croutons (my daughter ate) and dressing. Really tasty. Every Caesar dressing I've seen is low in carbs, so I had to trust this was too. In hignsight I should have ordered it on the side.

Anyway it was hard to guess the carbs. So I'm gonna have a very low carb evening meal. Like a ham and spinach omelette.

I checked ketosis once I got home. Not as dark as usual but still purple.
image.jpeg

Once it's even pink it's all good. Caesar salad is my go to item on the menu when I am out, well done with that choice. I love them though anyway

Weigh in - 1lb gain
I looked online last night and it seems a week 3 or 4 sts or stall is normal. Now the body has adjusted to being in ketosis it is begining to add back the water weight lost during induction. Going to continue week 4 on 25g carbs. I still feel great and in ketosis. I have as relaxed week without many plans, but I am away for 2 nights this weekend. So may buy some low carb snacks (not sure what) to take with me for emergencies :)

Week 4 begins now.

Don't worry at all about the scales The proof is right there in your pants picture and jolly well done on that, thats a brilliant achievement :0clapper: I havent lost a lb this fortnight but had to nip back home after a pair of size 16 pants, also freshly washed, wouldn't stay up on me. That all means we are going in the right direction

It's fab isn't it lol. I love the energy boost you get too. It controls my moods As well. I feel alot happier and not as anxious

image.jpeg

Found a chicken, bacon and leak in a creamy sauce for £2 in M&s today reduced. Half the pack (1 breast) 2.3g carbs. Tasted really nice, had it with broccoli, spinach, courgette noodles and avocado mmmm yum.

Today
Calories 1330
Carbs 22g

Tempted to make a hot chocolate using almond milk, sweetener and Cacao but that really would be cheating.....we'll see. Fancying something heavy like that.

I need that dinner you had, it looks divine Oooh wouldn't a 6 pack be brilliant, I'd only love it :) Brought the cross trainer in from the workout area in the garage last night to the bedroom as I tend to find excuses not to do it out there. We have all the equipment from my last fitness buzz so thats handy. Have a heavy punch bag suspened from the ceiling and it's brilliant but my level is not back there yet so avoideing that at the minute. Another two weeks or so and I'll test the waters . Procrastinating at its best

Back