In it to Slim it....Atkins Plan

This salad is huge to fill me up until I eat out tonight.

Spinach, pepper, onion, courgette, Brie, olives, tuna. The veg was roasted in spices and coconut oil. Which kind of acted as a dressing too.

I LOVE the taste of coconut oil. I haven't had any in so long, as before Atkins I could use too much, so never bought any. The one I have isn't organic, it's just the £2.99 one from sainsburys but mmmmm.

P.S I know the brie had carbs, I removed the one recorded and entered the right one once I realised.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • image.png
    image.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
Mmm Jamie's Italian was delicious. I ordered the chicken dish for 8g carbs and seasonal greens for 2g. Think I was over by about 3g carbs yesterday which is fine.

Lots of walking planned for today and my husband who is doing a 65mile charity bike race this morning has decided to treat himself to a cake from 'Betty's' after we eat out tonight. Which means him and my daughter will eat cake while I sit there with a cup of tea grrr

I've been on plan today but not much veg. 27k steps including 78floors. This place has loads of hills. My daughter had a ripely IceCream in a pot and left lots and I was almost going to eat it but I didn't woo me.

So breakfast lunch and snacks took me to 7g carbs, so I had 18g left.

I ordered a crossfit burger which was a paleo type thing.

Burger. Cheese, egg, salad with bacon and avocado. She said there was not dressing but there was. It was like oil and mustard I think. Not sure about the burgers carbs. I'm hoping the dressing didn't take me over 25g

I gave the sweet potato to my husband in exchange for his avocado. Win win

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Week 5
I'm still at the hotel this morning, so unsure whether to move to 30g carb and the next rung. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and decide. But...

Look at the photo, my waist is defined. Yup my thighs are huge and my arms need toning, but can you see my waist goes in. Also I did a full body shop in the mirror, even though I'm still classed as obese, I think I'm starting to look more 'overweight' lol

My last weight was 224.5lbs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.png
    image.png
    1,003.1 KB · Views: 20
Hooray - well done! You look fab:) keep it up, no need to rush the carb raise unless you are desperate - you can add different foods but still keep carbs under limit. I found it important to get used to each carb level

Thanks Hun. I just got back and weighed myself quickly. I'm clothe red, had water and a biggest breakfast and on my period and I weigh the same as the morning I left, naked in an empty stomach.

So I've moved onto the next rung but will stay on 25g for now. I've skipped dairy because it's always been a struggle for me, I'll try this at a later date. I'm happy to stick with the limited cheeae/cream from induction. So started with nuts and seeds. I'm already using almond milk and coconut oil. I'm also desperate to use the raw cacao I have to make some chocolate bark.

I'll buy a few bits today and measure them out by weight. Don't want to overconsumption. I do like a bit of nut on a salad.

I made chocolate bark. Cacao, coconut oil and sweetener. Tastes good. Split it into 3 small batches 17.3g fat, 1.7g carbs, 1.3g protein, 163 calories. Suited my period chocolate craving just fine. I've hidden the other two lots behind the kale.

The chocolate tastes good, would be nice mixed with nuts.

Did you all know 'peanuts are a legume' and can't be consumed for ages. Almond butter it is then.

I lost 5lbs this week. I weighed myself 3 times and also got my husband to weigh himself to make sure the scales were working. Really happy and pleased.

Although I'm really questioning this diet and my ability to stick to it long term. I've managed to fit it in with lots of social occasions without problem so far. I do feel better. I'm really missing things me and my daughter did like 'sharing afternoon fruit' or being able to pick anything off a menu. Maybe it's my period hormones taking over.

WOW! 5 lbs off this week is fantastic Sarah!

Well done:0clapper:

You are doing great and all your food looks so delicious...stick with it for it seems to be working so well for you...

Perhaps reading your daughter a story in the afternoon while she eats her fruit would help, as having a book in your hands is your excuse not to eat it and she will be so engrossed in the story, she won't notice you are not eating.

Thanks @Mini I so feel great.
I've been pestering my husband for another baby for about 6 months. Now he said last night he's ready wooop! I said let's start trying when my bmi goes below 30 (overweight and not obese) it's currently 31.5. So I've got that to work for. I don't think I'd do extreme low carb while pregnant, perhaps more of a whole foods paleo approach but.....a way to go until that. But exciting times ahead.

Hope you are well x

Omg Sarah 5lbs !!! That's fantastic, well done

Wow 5lbs is amazing - well done. I would definitely support primal as a long term plan - remember it includes movement sleep etc it's not just diet! I just wish I'd discovered all this before pregnancy as it might have helped:)

Then again I did only eat hot cross buns for a month to cope with morning sickness:eek:
X

What a boring day. My mum had my daughter all day so I could work. I'm a surface pattern designer and I love what I do. I have a few places where I earn a passive income and the rest freelance. I've avoided a website for far too long.....way too long. So today I started. It isn't hard, it's just writing 'about me' and starting a blog. I just need to get with the times, I'm constantly getting questions saying 'what's your web address' I have an agent so I do get work but......I should try harder.

Food......I've hardly eaten today due to working so hard. Just got my daughter to sleep and now going to eat my slow cooked pulled pork with salad yummy.

I love pulled pork Hope you are keeping well x

Back