Jaly's SF Maintenance Diary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hun hope you are ok.

Enjoy Zumba if you go tonight and good boogie and laugh is always good medicine. Xxx

Food for today: 32/90 weeklies

Breakfast: Pear, Egg, Wholemeal Toast with ex. light philly, Mixed veg
Lunch: Pasta with herby tomato sauce (1), Apple
Afternoon: 1/2 ham sandwich on w/m bread, margarine from oil allowance
Post-zumba snack: Strawberry yoghurt (2)
Dinner: Chinese style ribsteak (4) (yum!), Carrots, Peas, Tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce (bit of a mismatch tea - at my Grandad's :p)
Dessert: Raspberry smoothie ice lolly (2)

Which equates to around 1400cal, hmm! Perhaps a little bit low but I've just had a lolly and now I think the zumba is catching up with me lol ^^ Early night me thinks!

Jaly said:
Feeling a bit flu'ey, intended to go out for a run, only managed one lap of the track (200m I think) before ending up in a coughing fit, ah well, the good-will was there lol :p

Today: 32/90 weeklies remaining

Breakfast: Pear, Banana, Porridge
Morning: Apple

The fresh air would of done you good anyway Hun. Xx

Hello Jaly, I've come to admit that having been sneaking around your diaries for probably a good 2 months or more I finally bit the bullet last night and signed up to 3 months' online WW :) I'm in my second year at uni and although I've lost a stone on SW so far this year it's taken me since february! Your food diaries always look like the kind of things I would eat as well which is helpful :) so sorry to hear about your depression, I hit a bout of it during A levels after some nasty family news but exercise does help a lot if you don't want the drugs. Something to do with the endorphins etc. You can also buy/loan this really good book I found about how to self treat depression because I don't know about you but being so young I really didn't want loads of extra drugs going into my body at a time when your hormones are still going crazy as it is! Hope you feel better today :) xxx

Hey Libby, how are you today? Hoping the dreadful lurgy is beginning to retreat.

The chinese pork steak last night sounds really good, did you make it or buy it? I love the chinese marinated pork you get from morrisons, although I am never sure how to point it :/

Its a shame that your zumba class was too sedate, but maybe it was for the best given the coughing caused by the running this morning? Zumba is a wierd one - there seems huge variability in how energetic the individual classes are. The one I used to go to was really quite high intensity and you would be leaping and jumping around the whole time but I have heard other people at the gym mention that classes by other instructors at the gym are much slower paced.

Have you got any plans for the weekend? Or just generally trying to recooperate?

Hey Libby, how has your weekend been?

Hope you are feeling better. After seeing my dad last night who had a cold I appear to have caught mild throat lurgy. Not how I wanted to spend my last day before going back to work tomorrow :( Its only a mild niggle at the moment so I am just hoping it doesn't turn into anything else.

Aw, hope it doesn't turn into anything nasty Atomic!

Had a fab weekend, been staying at my aunt's/uncle's (they have a 16month old son who is a lot of fun!):)
I spent this morning at a big fair thing with loads of different trade stalls/food stalls with sweets/fudge/chocolate fountains/meats/cheeses/sauces/crackers/chillis - you name it, there was a stall for it :p There was also a giant vegetable competition, book stalls, clothes stalls, dog show, horse show, loads of animals etc etc :p My Uncle treated me to a pick n mix and my Mum bought me home some truffles from her 'honeymoon' weekend in London, yum! At my Grandmothers' today for roast lamb, delicious :)

Yesterday's food: 12/90

Breakfast: Porridge, Banana, Pear
Lunch: Pom-bear crisps (2), Tesco light choices ham + cheese sandwich (2 for cheese)
Dinner: Toad in the hole (with cider + apple sausages, yum!), Mash, Gravy, Broccoli, Carrots, Swede (6 for flour in batter, sausage and gravy)
Pudding: Definitely a contender to Daisy's amazing sundaes tbh, heated a bakery choc cookie in the microwave, crumbled it up and had it with a scoop of cookies & cream ice cream = heaven! (10)

Food today: 0/90 weeklies remaining

Breakfast: Vanilla stars cereal (a bit sweet but yummy) + cheerios (when you can't choose, have a bit of both!) with whole milk
Morning: Apple, Mint humbug (1)
Lunch: Roast lamb, roast beef (delicatessen sandwich slice), carrots, gravy (1), broccoli, roast parsnips (oil allowance), new potatoes
"Dessert": Resisted the custard, bakewell slices, apple pie and woodland fruits strudel on offer :p Just had a pear instead
Dinner: Crumpet with butter (1), WW vanilla creamed rice (3)
'Cause I need chocolate in my life: Hotel chocolat truffle + 1 square dairy milk (3)
Treats: Haribo giant cola bottle (2)
Supper: Banana, Frube yog (1)

Last edited:
Hello Jaly, I've come to admit that having been sneaking around your diaries for probably a good 2 months or more I finally bit the bullet last night and signed up to 3 months' online WW :) I'm in my second year at uni and although I've lost a stone on SW so far this year it's taken me since february! Your food diaries always look like the kind of things I would eat as well which is helpful :) so sorry to hear about your depression, I hit a bout of it during A levels after some nasty family news but exercise does help a lot if you don't want the drugs. Something to do with the endorphins etc. You can also buy/loan this really good book I found about how to self treat depression because I don't know about you but being so young I really didn't want loads of extra drugs going into my body at a time when your hormones are still going crazy as it is! Hope you feel better today :) xxx

Aw, well, I think it was just a brief phase tbh because I feel a lot better already, hmm. I think I just need to make sure I strike a balance between work/relaxation :) xx I definitely don't want to be pumping more chemicals into my body than truly necessary indeed :p Thank you for following! Have you got a food diary yourself? Good luck with WW, I did it without the online tracking but it seems like a very handy tool! Always here if you need any support/advice etc!

Hey Libby, how are you today? Hoping the dreadful lurgy is beginning to retreat.

The chinese pork steak last night sounds really good, did you make it or buy it? I love the chinese marinated pork you get from morrisons, although I am never sure how to point it :/

Its a shame that your zumba class was too sedate, but maybe it was for the best given the coughing caused by the running this morning? Zumba is a wierd one - there seems huge variability in how energetic the individual classes are. The one I used to go to was really quite high intensity and you would be leaping and jumping around the whole time but I have heard other people at the gym mention that classes by other instructors at the gym are much slower paced.

Have you got any plans for the weekend? Or just generally trying to recooperate?

It was just bought :) My next zumba class with this lady is half price so I think I'll go next week and then maybe look for a slightly more energetic class - the instructor doesn't seem to be in 'the best shape' herself, no offence intended of course so maybe a slightly more 'agile' instructor will make a bit of a difference. She seems incredibly friendly though - she sent me a FB msg to thank me for coming and to ensure I enjoyed it etc.

Jaly said:
Aw, hope it doesn't turn into anything nasty Atomic!

Had a fab weekend, been staying at my aunt's/uncle's (they have a 16month old son who is a lot of fun!):)

Not gonna bother with weeklies for today/tomorrow but will start afresh on Mon! I spent this morning at a big fair thing with loads of different trade stalls/food stalls with sweets/fudge/chocolate fountains/meats/cheeses/sauces/crackers/chillis - you name it, there was a stall for it :p There was also a giant vegetable competition, book stalls, clothes stalls, dog show, horse show, loads of animals etc etc :p My Uncle treated me to a pick n mix and my Mum bought me home some truffles from her 'honeymoon' weekend in London, yum! At my Grandmothers' today for roast lamb, delicious :)

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: Porridge, Banana, Pear
Lunch: Pom-bear crisps, Tesco light choices ham + cheese sandwich
Dinner: Toad in the hole (with cider + apple sausages, yum!), Mash, Gravy, Broccoli, Carrots, Swede
Pudding: Definitely a contender to Daisy's amazing sundaes tbh, heated a bakery choc cookie in the microwave, crumbled it up and had it with a scoop of cookies & cream ice cream = heaven!

Food today:

Breakfast: Vanilla stars cereal (a bit sweet but yummy) + cheerios (when you can't choose, have a bit of both!) with whole milk
Morning: Apple, Mint humbug

Hi Libby,
Glad you're so much better. Sounds like you've had a great time staying with your relations. Food sounds tremendous too :)
It sounds like it's just what you needed, getting away for a few days, getting looked after & getting treats too. Who needs medicine??
Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

Hi Libby,
Glad you're so much better. Sounds like you've had a great time staying with your relations. Food sounds tremendous too :)
It sounds like it's just what you needed, getting away for a few days, getting looked after & getting treats too. Who needs medicine??
Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

Thank you Hazel! Managed to get the majority of my homework out of the way too! :) (no doubt will get laden with more tomorrow though, urgh!) Feeling a little less 'jolly' atm though :(

Thank you Hazel! Managed to get the majority of my homework out of the way too! :) (no doubt will get laden with more tomorrow though, urgh!) Feeling a little less 'jolly' atm though :(

Can't imagine you feeling less jolly Libby! You always seem so upbeat.

I guess I missed the point about the throat problem going around 'cos I haven't been posting much but I have the same thing myself today and realise that's why I have been feeling rather off colour too.

Hope you soon feel better Libby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back