Jam's official diary to thin!

You can't be ruled by the scales Jam or you'll get nowhere fast. Take it from someone who knows!

i need to learn! i have a friend whos an obsessive weigher and I dont want to slip into her habbit. Need to realise weight fluctuates and the scales can never be totally acurate! x

Thanks for your support through this all! and everyone!

Day 12
So cramped up and not feeling any smaller.. i just hope this is totm! staying 100% i can feel myself going into ketosis.

feeling very sickly today.. sitting here trying to keep it all down :/ least im not hungry i guess lol.
Feel like im such a complainer. On the plus side, got two valentines cards today lol.

Aww thanks. Ive certainly developed loads more confidence in myself since losing weight and I do think Im finally ready to have a relationship. Its been almost a year since I split up with my last bf (my decision) so that I could concentrate on losing the weight and even though I still have quite a long way to go I do feel ready to get on with my life again. I know I can manage to lose the weight and have a relationship now which I couldnt have before.

Anyway that turned into a long one but basically what I was saying is Im fed up being single now too, lol.

Aww thanks. Ive certainly developed loads more confidence in myself since losing weight and I do think Im finally ready to have a relationship. Its been almost a year since I split up with my last bf (my decision) so that I could concentrate on losing the weight and even though I still have quite a long way to go I do feel ready to get on with my life again. I know I can manage to lose the weight and have a relationship now which I couldnt have before.

Anyway that turned into a long one but basically what I was saying is Im fed up being single now too, lol.

aww babe, yeah! being on exante has made me realise it really takes effect on your social life! its like *quicckk! dodge the food event!!!* but hopefully ill be able still enjoy myself, but have healthy options at the same time in the near future! how are you doing with your diet btw? Ooof get those pins of yours out and you will have the men turning heads!

im fed up too joanne lol.;);)

i was a size 16-18 and got down to a size 10 and wow was i a different shanny, no more hiding from the camera's going out partying.

it's all good hun trust me x:p

Im doing that already Shanny, lol. Loving being a size 16 coz Ive never been so small in my entire adult life. Even at one point when I got down to 12 stone I was still a size 18 on top so whole new territory for me.

aww babe, yeah! being on exante has made me realise it really takes effect on your social life! its like *quicckk! dodge the food event!!!* but hopefully ill be able still enjoy myself, but have healthy options at the same time in the near future! how are you doing with your diet btw? Ooof get those pins of yours out and you will have the men turning heads!

I know I keep wearing dresses which Ive never done in my life.

The weird thing Im finding is that the guy Ive decided I want to be with isnt the type of guy I thought Id want to be with with when I lost weight and he would have been delighted to have me even without my losing the weight lol.

Dietwise Im doing great but avoiding the scales coz I dont want to see the gain. I know it will be temporary but doesnt make it any easier to deal with.

I know I keep wearing dresses which Ive never done in my life.

The weird thing Im finding is that the guy Ive decided I want to be with isnt the type of guy I thought Id want to be with with when I lost weight and he would have been delighted to have me even without my losing the weight lol.

Dietwise Im doing great but avoiding the scales coz I dont want to see the gain. I know it will be temporary but doesnt make it any easier to deal with.

so how do you gain going from exante to atkins? it it just water or something? i tried my own low fat version of atkins because of being scared of the fat... well it didnt work and i ended up feeling very ill!

Its just the whole reintroduction of food thing. Once my metabolism kicks in again it will be fine. Problem is that being on a vlcd does lower your metabolism quite considerably so it does take time for it to be back to normal. Water isnt a problem coz Atkins is ketogenic as well.

Have you looked at Dukan? Thats pretty much a lower fat version of Atkins I think.

Im doing that already Shanny, lol. Loving being a size 16 coz Ive never been so small in my entire adult life. Even at one point when I got down to 12 stone I was still a size 18 on top so whole new territory for me.
well i bet u are a new woman now joanne lossing 105 lbs is a whooping loss.

keep smiling x

see the thing is, im a secret carb lover.. so i hope theres a way that after this diet i can enjoy some no added sugar alpen for breakfast and have fruit and the odd slice of bread! still be very aware of carbs, but be able to still have the things i enjoy!

You can do that with Atkins though Jam. You just gradually move up the rungs reintroducing carbs until you find your bodys tolerance level for carbs and try to stick with it.

And I think its Dukan that recommends maintaining by having one day of only eating meat/eggs every week and pretty much what you like (within reason) the rest of the week.

ohh right! that sounds better.. theres me thinking on atkins you could never touch carbs... if im on about 60g of carbs on this diet, it means id be fine on 60g a day on normal carb foods? or are exante carbs maybe different? hmm! just want to make sure i get it right!

Back