JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Hahahaaa, love the biccy pinching - girl after my own heart - also the shower cap, shampoo, etc etc.........lol.

Sounds like you are enjoying your road trip. Ikwym about having paid for breakfast. I used to feel the same but have shifted away from it. I now take the view that just cos its there does not mean i have to eat it. Instead i have some fruit and yoghurt followed by a bowl of porridge( they usually make it if asked), or a little scrambled egg, coffee and one slice wm bread. So it's still more than I'd eat at home but I feel the better for avoiding the stodge.
Enjoy your evening. I'm sure food will be as good as the company.

Know exactly what you mean by the fry up!! What is it about holidays that when in a hotel etc we have to have it?! :giggle:

I'm with Mary - I woulda taken the showercap, shampoo etc :p

Have a lovely evening tonight xx

Loving all your little updates Jan! Hope your having a wonderful time. Are you enjoying Cornwall? I miss it :(

Oh I love Cormwall. Have left it behind now though :( - am in services on the M4 en route to my cousin's in High Wycombe.

Molly - you really are too good to be true ;) :D

I couldn't 'pinch' anything other than the biccies and a few sachets of coffee coz all there was was a little tiny bar of soap which I had to use. Good job I had a shower cap (from a previous hotel ;)) in my toilet bag :)

Food has been BAAAD! :eek:

Tea on tuesday was chicken salad and we had wine but when i went to bed I ate 2 of the pkts of biccies. 3 custard creams and 3 bourbon :(

Yesterday (wed) I had Mousse for breakie, bar for lunch and then we went to Boscastle and we shared a cream tea so only 1 scone (only!) jam and clotted cream.

In the evening we went to a beautiful pub overlooking the sea and i had pasty & chips (I was in Cornwall, it was my duty!) The sunset was glorious!
More wine was imbibed and i had the other weeto bar when i went to bed.

This morning I had a mousse for breakie ... then I had a bacon roll when I stopped before :( and I've just had a bar for lunch.

I THINK we're having salmon salad for tea but i know wine will be imbibed as we put the world and several of our odd relatives to rights ;).

Must dash anyway or they'll think I'm never getting there. may pinch some of their wifi later if poss ... hope you're all having a good day. :) xx

Sounds like you're having a lovely time Jan! and you are defo right, you cannot come to this neck of the woods and not have a pasty, it's like an unwritten law!!!! :p

Have a safe journey x

Glad to hear you are having a fab time. Drive safely.

Twas indeed salmon salad for tea but it did have avacado, coleslaw & grated cheese in it ... nice though :)

Molly - glad to see you didn't take offence at my earlier comment, I've been a bit concerned this afternoon that you could have :eek: xx

Good to see you enjoyed your meal. See, you can go away for a break and enjoy it without tons of stodge. And, feel the better for it.
Re the comment, I just maintain my losses,within my ten pound range, the way that works for me. Because of GL friendly options I get to do it without feeling I diet or a desire for any foods that I once stuffed my face with. So no, no offence taken as it can be that good for anyone IMHO.
Safe home xx

Well we've had a lovely day mooching around the shops and putting the world to rights.

Foodwise??

Breakie - banana mousse

Lunch - tesco bar

Starving when got back so had an M&S lemon mousse (90cals) before opening the wine. Shared a bottle before we went out.

Out had mediteranean roasted veg with halloumi & mayo

LOADSA WINE!! XX

Edit - I forgot I had a taste of cousin's cheesecake starter AND a taste of her husband's chocolate dessert :eek:

Last edited:
Off to Doncaster in the morning! Hope I take the weather there as I have all week but they say it's not forcast! xx

Ah that sounds like a fab companionable day. Nothing beats it. Hope the rain keeps away for you till you get home.

I agree, sounds like a fab day Jan :)
:fingerscrossed: for the weather!xx

JanD said:
Off to Doncaster in the morning! Hope I take the weather there as I have all week but they say it's not forcast! xx

Yes please bring the weather with you :)

Sounds like u are having a great time catching up with everyone x

It's piddled down the whole way up to now! 60 miles to go so I'm putting my order in for some sunshine later ;)

Saturday 16th July

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - BL bar

Tea - dunno but will be salad I think

Wine :eek:

Last night my cousin ordered a month's worth of exante shakes :) xx

Doing a bit of recruiting for tfr I see :giggle: :p

Hope the weather perks up for you Jan, it's on & off showers here :( xx

Love the TFR recruiting remark lol.

Jan, sounds like you are having a fantastic time catching up with everyone, and not doing too badly on the food side of things either.........no comment on all the wine though hahaaa. Enjoy your night in Doncaster.

I DID get that drop of sunshine later on :D

Tea was chicken breast with bacon, mozzerella (sp?) & bbq sauce with salad.
Later on I had 2 baby bels & a few almonds

WINE! :D

It's been bucketing down all day - made my trip home a wee bit stressful but I made it! Only thing is I left my flippin' notebook in Doncaster!!! My friend's going to post it to me, I bet that'll cost an arm and a leg :(

Food today - sun 17th July

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Lunch - BL bar

Tea - Beef lasagne with garlic bread in the pub with DH

V&Cs xx

Edit - had 2 pieces of toast (soya & linseed) one with philli light and one with egg & bacon sandwich filler x

Last edited:
BTW - I did 930 miles in the 6 days! PHEW! ;) xx

Wow Jan you covered a lot of miles in a few days. But at least you had a great time and stayed very good foodwise.
Recharge the batteries now.

Back