JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Hope the baby sitting went well, and well done on the small gain, could have been a whole lot worse chick.

Ta guys :)

I didn't plan to TFR actually. Originally I was going to take the bigger boys to MacD's and I was going try one of their new wraps but my son had forgotten there was something on at school early evening before he was going out. I'd already got DH something in, thinking he was eating alone so the easiest thing for me was to grab a bar. I didn't mind that it made it a particularly 'good' day too - WELL except for the wine of course :eek:

I had a nice evening actually. After the boys went to bed I just sat and watched tv! Usually I'm doing other things at the same time - even if it's only 'surfing' ;). It was totally relaxing - a bit late coz I didn't get in till 12.45 but not a problem. :)

Wednesday 6th July

Breakie - Banana mousse

Lunch - Tesco meal bar

Tea - Char Sui pork with stirfry .... not full though so may have 60g smaked salmon before I go to work.

Work - Exante bar .... I'll be glad when these have all gone actually - I like all the other varieties so much more! :) Only about 4 left I think xx

Last edited:
Nice when you have good days like that Jan, that were not fully set out to be that way.

Hope your night passes quickly for you, I am nights tomorrow and Friday.

'See' you then, then ;) xx

Glad your gain wasn't too bad! The birthday party sounded like lots of fun!

Been here an hour and it feels like 6 already!

Oh dear :( - that's the trouble when you've been away isn't it? I know it's not your 1st shift but even so .... :rolleyes:

Thursday 7th July

Slice ham & a tomato at mum's

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Bed

Tea - Pork steak with carrots, asparagus & baby sweetcorn

Slice ham & 2 cherry toms

Work - exante bar (only 3 left now :)) xx

Love the pics Jan! And the boys look cute in their peppa pig t-shirts!! :giggle:

Glad youre mum is ok :)
:fingerscrossed: you're little gain comes off before Monday. Where are you going?x

Hiya TAN!!! :D:D:D:D Lovely to have you back - I'm sure I'll read all about your holiday in your thread :D

I'm off on walk-a-bout on Monday - catching up with friends & family. My original plan for monday had to be cancelled unfortunately and Cornwall is too far in one leap so I'm B&Bing on the way and will get to Tintagel nice and early on Tuesday, 2 nights there then up to High Wycombe for 2 nights then up and over to Doncaster for 1 or 2 nights so back either next sunday or monday.
I'm looking forward to it coz I really need a break but I'll probably need another one when I get back after all that driving! LOL!

Friday 8th July

Small banana at mum's

Breakie - strawberry shake

Bed

Tea - Smoked mackeral salad with balsamic

Few chunks of chicken breast

Work - exante bar and I'd miscounted, I STILL have 3 left after this one.

Mary, if you'd asked me a while ago I'd have said they're quite nice but having tried all the other varieties out there now, they are my least favourite and I'll be glad when they've gone.

Incidentally I found some other ones online last night. 'Slim & Save' do a range of shakes & bars. It appears to be another VLCD. They're not particularly cheap though, although delivery is free if you're not in a hurry. I think they were £10.39 for 7. I'm thinking about trying them for a change, the only thing holding me back is that they're only about 139 cals so I doubt if they'd be really filling. I'm assuming this is coz on that plan you can have 4 things per day. Anyway I'm still thinking about it.

Anyone tried any of their stuff??? xx

Jan, have a great week away. It will recharge your batteries nicely seeing friends and family.
Can't advise on slim n save or any slimming products. Good luck with the research. I agree the lower cals may be less filling. Though I'd prefer "real" food for the same cals as products would make me feel I'm on a permanent diet.
Have a good weekend.

Thanks Molly :)

I just find the products really easy and reassure me that I'm getting a good proportion of the rda of vits etc which I probably wouldn't necessarily in a 2-300 cal meal.

I daresay I'll get fed up with them at some point. Right now they're working for me, but I DO see what you mean :) xx

Sounds tiring with all the driving. Is this where you're going to meet Mary?

Never even heard of that other diet Jan, sorry xx

It was Tan but unfortunately Mary's had to cancel - couldn't be helped. We'll make it one day!! :)

Saturday 9th July

Small banana
few chunks chicken

Breakie - vanilla mousse

Bed

Tea - Chicken, brocolli & leek & gravy

Wine

Meringue nest, sugar free jelly, squirt of cream. xx

Last edited:
Oh nooooooooooooooo!!! :( :(

food looking grand today x

I know! Monday club will just have to wait ;) ... HaHa. Maybe it's not meant to be until we can all go! :D xx

Just had 2 slices ham and a baby bel cheddar x

Ah that's such a disappointment that you won't get to meet Mary. Hope you still have a fab week.

Sounds like a great week ahead, apart from the driving :) I live in sunny Donny x

Oooh yeah, maybe ;) x

Back