JanD into the third year of maintenance :-D

Hiya! Miss Piggy here!! :) Was just posting my latest paintings on FB so thought I'd do this one while I was at it - this is my son's dog who was put down earlier this year.

See ya'll proper-like later on in the week

Max

Attachments

• DSCF7997 (Small).JPG
    DSCF7997 (Small).JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 36
Love the painting Jan. did he like it?x

Cried buckets - and his eldest son, while the younger one patted them both, handed out tissues and said 'please don't get emotional' ... he's 7!!!!! LOL!

I now have an iphone 3G .... I know I'm going to love it but am finding it a bit frustrating at the mo as I love instructions and you don't get any!!! :(!! ... I search the instructions on the phone and still can't find what I want so I'm going to be asking all kinds of silly questions .... PLEEEEASE tell me that's what you've got and you'll be able to help me!!!
Went to the apple store in liverpool today and found out that i actually DO have to laboriously write down all the contacts off my old sony eriksson and type them into my iphone AND that there are no smileys - I have to download an app ... I look at the apps and the free ones all have crappy reviews so can anyone recommend anything???

I'm sooo confused :eek: ... I sooo wanted an iphone and I know I'll love it ... and i love my son for giving it to me instead of boosting his much needed funds by flogging it but I'm really frustrated at the mo .......

PHEW!! ... Rant over ;) ... can't rant anywhere he might see it or he might think I didn't want it and i do ... i really do :) xxx

Awww bless him!!

I have an iPhone jan. what do u wana know?

The smiley app I got was free and is called 'emoticons' and it's really good. Don't forget to get the minimins app ;) don't think u can use the smileys on there though but u can see some of the ones that get posted from minis.

Xx

Sorry I disappeared yesterday ... our wifi's been very temperamental lately and it went off altogether last night. It was because there was something wrong on the phone line and that's been fixed this afternoon thank goodness!

My son was here last night, he helped me download an emiticon app - which I paid for coz he said otherwise I'd get loads of adverts & stuff but i doesn't work. It appears on the screen but if you tap on it it just gets bigger and then disappears. It's not on the text toolbar. He emailed them last night but no reply as yet :(

I'm going to swap the sim back to my old phone and copy down all the contacts in work tonight & put them in new phone .. that'll probably take me most of the night!!!

I've also found I can't send or receive photos ... I could on my old phone so it's not the sim and the MMS is ON on the new one so I've no idea and my son couldn't figure it out either. I went into the O2 shop this afternoon but it was too busy to speak to anyone. I'll go online tonight & see if i can find an answer or at least ask the question somewhere!

I'm wondering if there's a book 'iphones for dummies' ... if there isn't there should be! ;) xx

HaHa ... there IS!!! I may download it to my kindle - though it's dearer than the paperback :D

BTW - Foodwise I've been a good girl today :) Cooked meat & gherkins for breakfast. Chicken for lunch & having steak & cottage cheese for tea & taking various bits of beef, chicken, eggs etc to work xx

Edit .... Ordered a kindle edition, so as well as both phones and chargers (just in case) I'll have to take my kindle - I'll top that up just now so i don't have to take that charger as well :). I'm also taking my new diary to transfer everything into AND a new address book to transfer all contacts into .... the night should go quick!! ;) xx

Last edited:
Jan, you say you have an iPhone 3G yes? Not the 3GS? If thats the case then the emoticon apps don't work full stop on the 3G. I had the same problem with it before I upgraded in november.

And I think you can sort out the mmsing by phoning your provider and telling them to activate it - it might be a case of you needing a newer sim which they'll send you free.

I'm having a lot of problems with o2 at the minute with my data useage when not connected to the wifi & i've got to go in and speak to them but i'm not ready to face town yet! :rotflmao: do you have a data limit on yours now? if so be careful with apps etc as without realising it they can download updates automatically even when not connected to wifi and take your usage.

Did you get the kindle for xmas Jan? Are they good?

Your food looks great today. Wish I could say the same about mine, i've had a couple snacks :(

xxx

I have spent the last 5 hours transfering my contacts from old phone to new :(

It IS a 3G Tan not a 3GS but - though I couldn't get the app I paid for to work I have successfully installed a free one! I sent you a text earlier so p'raps you could let me know sometime whether you can see them okay :)

I've also installed the Minis app - but i can't see how to reply to posts - even when logged in .. could you give us a clue? :eek:

I haven't been on the 02 site yet - I'll have to see if I can find myself a 'guru' LOL! You may well be right - it just seems odd to me that the phone would do it for my son and my sim would do it for me (send pics that is) but put together they won't do it .... :sigh: ... I'm determined to get it sorted though. I don't expect to be able to do less on this phone than on my YEARS old Sony Ericsson ... I could video on that as well - which i can't on the 3G! :( I mean okay - you don't do it very often but it's handy those times you do!! xx

Yep got ur text, did u get mine back? I could see the emoticons fine :) with minis you have to go to settings and make sure you're logged into 'runner push notification service' i had to just set up a username & password - just made it the same as minis.

I'd say that's what the problem with your picture messaging then. If you have had the same sim for years to then I reckon a new one would sort it. Just ring O2 tell em & get them to send u one compatible with iPhone :) xxx

Oh ... I get 1GB of data a month on my plan but I have absolutely NO idea what that means! LOL! It could be a mountain or a molehill I haven't a clue.

And my kindle WAS a christmas present, but not this year - last year, and they ARE good :) xx

Not had a text from you hon :(

AH! That'll be it - i declined that runner push thing coz I thought it meant it would be sending me all kinds!

My phone also doesn't go onto the internet unless I'm in a wifi zone - I'm not altogether sure that's a bad thing but the point is it 'should'. That'll probably be the sim as well.

Sorry to be a pain with all this :eek: xx

1GB is a mountain Jan :)

Hmm strange u never got my text back, I'll go resend it now. Yup once u set up that runner thing youll be well away :)

Could be your sim not connecting to the 3G hopefully you'll new one will sort it out!xxx

Oh & ur not a pain! :p x

LOL! Oh I AM! ;) ... Well I've just been on the o2 web site and it explains all my issues and the way to fix them ... guess what? I need a new sim :D. I then need to change a load of settings because iphones are apparently always set up for monthly contracts not pay as you go but after that Bob should be my proverbial uncle. And I'm SOO glad 1GB is a mountain - I may let it connect other than through wifi after all :)

I haven't got any diary or address book done and I'm too stiff & achey now to be writing again - that'll pass the time tomorrow. I hope your night's gone well xx

Hmmmmm - my reading of the guff on the o2 site makes me think I'm gonna end up paying out more ... there are specific iphone tarifs that go with the 3G sims ... anyhoo I've emailed a load of questions so we'll see :) x

Such a pain in the butt when you get something new and it doesnt work how you expect it to.

Good luck in getting it all sorted out Jan.

Rather you than me sorting out all this stuff Jan, I'm useless with that sort of thing!

Got hubby a kindle this xmas, he absolutely loves it!!

How did u get on today Jan, did you get a reply? x

No not yet - they do say they hope to reply within 24-48hrs. There's nothing else I can do with being in bed in the day at the moment and it's not like I can't use the phone, so I don't mind waiting a bit.

Food today.Thursday December 29th

Breakie - Onken 0% vanilla yoghurt with the compulsory daily (on Dukan) 1.5tablespoons of oat bran in it ... it was all right actually.

Tea - Pilchards in tomato sauce, 2 gherkins and about 5 little sliverskin pickles.

Slice ham

Work - prawns & a few silverskins, a packet of cooked chicken breast pieces and 2 boiled eggs. I didn't eat the eggs I brought last night. xx

Doesnt look like alot today Jan? Is that what Dukan is or are you just cutting back alot? xx

Back