JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

Oh yeah!!! :D:D:D:D

White_Jazzies.jpg

Whatever they are called - they are fit!

Hahahaha, I know the little demons now, blooming lovely.

The human food, is because she is not eating doggy food.........fussy little sod eh!

Oh Mary get her out of that habit asap! It took us months and months to get my dog to eat dog food as he had been bought up on a farm and was fed pheasant and all sorts ... spoilt little things hey!

She sure is living the high life ;) hehe x

Lucky maisie! We have a little cat and I can add that they get spoiled easy too. She just won't eat anything but her usual biscuits and has been that way for years, but shes old so we spoil her.

Jan, we call them jazzies too, but i love the milk chocolate ones whatever they are called....quite like frazzles too lol.

I used to love Jazzies and frazzles not had them in years though!

How did getting Gok'd go Jan?x

VVVVVV tiring!! I don't know why anyone would want to work in television - so much hanging around! And it was STANDING around too which after a while I'm not too good at - feet and back were KILLING me. When there was something happening it was great! :D A few things we had to do about 3 or 4 retakes for. I think some of the issues were because this was actually being filmed for the first of a new series called Gok's Road Show, NOT as I thought, for the large group part of Gok's Fashion Fix, though the format was very similar to that it was different and they'd never filmed one before.

We all had to walk up to him and he told us our body shape - we'd previously categorised ourselves but he was trying to prove his theory that about 80% of women THINK they are a different body shape to what they actually are and therefore buy the wrong clothes. I must say the results there seemed to more or less bear his theory out which surprised me. I was right about mine (pear) however my friend categorised herself as hourglass but Gok .... felt her middle, stuck his head between her 'bangers' and said he wanted to stay there forever (pretty sure this'll make the final cut!) and then said she was an apple - which she was NOT happy about :(

He styled a few people in some things that other people had taken along to 'swap' - cutting lots of things up too. He cut the polo neck right out of one girl's jumper while she was still wearing it (she HAD agreed beforehand!)

We left before the bitter end but as it happened it was during one of the MANY breaks in proceedings and Gok was on his way out for a fag so we got to speak to him, we got kisses and he signed my copy of his autobiography (not that you could possible read what he wrote! I might take a photo so you can see what I mean!)

So YES I enjoyed it even though I didn't get any styling or swaps of clothes (there was nothing there I liked!). He was lovely and really funny. I just wish I hadn't had to come to work after it!! xx

So today's food - odd day!

Wednesday 17th November

Breakie - none - didn't get up till 12pm, lovely long lie in coz of starting work tonight.

Lunch - Baked smoked river cobbler with stir fry & a bit of vlf salad cream slice soya & linseed. Don't normally cook at lunch time but knew I wouldn't be able to tonight.

about 8pm Alpen Light bar

about 10pm Tesco meal replacement bar

work - Pork in tagine sauce, carrots & cous cous (left overs from yesterday) pear, satsuma. xx

edit - 4 squs choc, 4 maltesers, 1 choc sweet :( x

Last edited:
VVVVVV tiring!! I don't know why anyone would want to work in television - so much hanging around! And it was STANDING around too which after a while I'm not too good at - feet and back were KILLING me. When there was something happening it was great! :D A few things we had to do about 3 or 4 retakes for. I think some of the issues were because this was actually being filmed for the first of a new series called Gok's Road Show, NOT as I thought, for the large group part of Gok's Fashion Fix, though the format was very similar to that it was different and they'd never filmed one before.

We all had to walk up to him and he told us our body shape - we'd previously categorised ourselves but he was trying to prove his theory that about 80% of women THINK they are a different body shape to what they actually are and therefore buy the wrong clothes. I must say the results there seemed to more or less bear his theory out which surprised me. I was right about mine (pear) however my friend categorised herself as hourglass but Gok .... felt her middle, stuck his head between her 'bangers' and said he wanted to stay there forever (pretty sure this'll make the final cut!) and then said she was an apple - which she was NOT happy about :(

He styled a few people in some things that other people had taken along to 'swap' - cutting lots of things up too. He cut the polo neck right out of one girl's jumper while she was still wearing it (she HAD agreed beforehand!)

We left before the bitter end but as it happened it was during one of the MANY breaks in proceedings and Gok was on his way out for a fag so we got to speak to him, we got kisses and he signed my copy of his autobiography (not that you could possible read what he wrote! I might take a photo so you can see what I mean!)

So YES I enjoyed it even though I didn't get any styling or swaps of clothes (there was nothing there I liked!). He was lovely and really funny. I just wish I hadn't had to come to work after it!! xx

Sounds like an interesting day Jan. Let us know when its being televised. Will you be shown on TV?

I think I am apple shape, as I tend to be all in the middle.

Yep me too - i think i'm an apple! :( lol
Glad you had a good day and actually got to meet him, speak to him & get his autograph! YES do post up the pic let us seeee!!! :) Did you manage to get a pic with him?

Can't believe he put his head in your friends 'bangers' :rotflmao: That sure has to make tv doesnt it!! Let us know when you know when it will be on :) x

Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edc460.jpg

Hi Jan, what did Gok look like in real life, is he just odd or is he charismatic? Exciting stuff, will it be televised? I am either a pear or apple, really don't know!

Yummy menu today btw, you seem to eat loads of fish, very healthy. x

Mary!! Fancy not knowing Gok!!??!! ;)

He's lovely .... really friendly, natural, funny. He looks exactly the same as on TV, maybe a bit thinner - the only thing 'odd' is that you don't see many 6ft chinamen ;) - but then his mother is English. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a pic with him in the end :(

The masterclass will be televised but I don't know when and whether there's any glimpses of li'l ole me remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure my friend will make though after the bangers incident ;).

As for your body shape. If you stand in front of a full length mirror and have a good look .... If your shoulders and hips are about the same width and you noticably go in at the waist, you're an hourglass. If your hips are wider than your shoulders you're a pear (like moi;)). If your shoulders, hips and waist are more or less the same width you're an apple. (Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your tummy) Then there's top heavy and boyish - which are pretty self-explanatory and can be in combination with any of the other 3.

Apparently we are all meant to aspire to be hourglasses and all styling is about is learning how give the illusion that that's what we are. For example us pears should wear things which broaden our shoulders like shoulder pads OR halter necks which draw attention to the bare shoulders making them seem more dominant.

Hmmmm - seems I did actually learn something at this masterclass eh?! ;) xx

Last edited:
Thursday 18th November - just realised I'll have been a member of this forum for 2 years next week! :D

Had the teensiest crust off a Nimble you've ever seen with clover at Mum's

Breakie - berries, ff from frais, sprinkle of Lizi's granola.
3 Teaspoons of corned beef & onion sandwich filler (not allowing this in the house again!)

Bed

Tea - Slow cooked pork with leeks & roasted veg (2 tsps of phili ligt on the roasted mushrooms)

3 oatcakes with phili light & corned beef & onion sandwich filler (PLUS a tsp of the filler while making them AND another one later on!!)

Work - As tea except for the roasted veg with a bit of vlf salad cream, pear, satsuma.

Feel like i've got the munchies coming on :( I've already eaten tonight's fruit - with another 7 hours to go! I DO hope not :eek: xx

Edit .... :(:( piece thick white bread, vitalite & knifeful of cream cheese, penguin, 2 'dead heads' (halloween chics like little creme eggs) Pkt. Go Ahead yoghurt breaks :(:( :sigh: xx

Last edited:
BTW - I went to get pick n mix white mice & ice cream cones for DDs stocking this morning when I was in Tescos and noticed that, in fact the white choc buttons with sprinkles are snowies and the milk choc ones are jazzies - so I guess that clears that up ;) xx

And finally ... My step-daughter went for her 1st scan today only to find she's had a 'missed miscarriage' - ie the baby has died but not come away. Needless to say she's not very happy. :( xx

Back