JaneB saying hello this is my diary and journey.

Hi Jane, Yes I do deserve it don't I lol
Love the look of those crumbles, but would I stop at one, hence the reason I like the yoghurt, nowhere near as good I grant you but it stops me having more of that, Rhubarb Crumble is the best but most evil dessert ever invented lol Is that the same recipe as they have on the SW site, only adding pears? ...we had it a week or so ago and it was lovely, thankfully DD2's other half finished it off before I had a chance to overdo it lol xx
Menu looks fabulous again too xx

Hi Jane, Yes I do deserve it don't I lol
Love the look of those crumbles, but would I stop at one, hence the reason I like the yoghurt, nowhere near as good I grant you but it stops me having more of that, Rhubarb Crumble is the best but most evil dessert ever invented lol Is that the same recipe as they have on the SW site, only adding pears? ...we had it a week or so ago and it was lovely, thankfully DD2's other half finished it off before I had a chance to overdo it lol xx
Menu looks fabulous again too xx

Yes Lily they are, but I add pears chopped up to add more flavour, I only make 6 at a time hubby has 2 and myself one, the rest go in the freeze.
Went to beech today only 2mins away sat for awhile had a tub of ice cream need to alter syns, have to take my curly wurly off, had my treat for today.
Glad your foot is better today lily.

Jane x

Apple and Pear Crumble 6.5syns

567g/1lb 4oz cooking apples
2 large pears
1 tsp ground cinnamon
finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
4 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
113g/4oz self raising flour
57g/2oz low-fat spread
a few drops of vanilla essence

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Peel, core and chop the apples and pears into chunks. Place in an oven-proof dish and stir in the cinnamon, orange zest and juice and half of the sweetener.
2. Make the crumble: in a bowl mix together the self-raising flour with the remaining sweetener. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence. Pour over the flour mixture and mix with a fork until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Spoon the crumble mixture over the apples and pears and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Divide the crumble between 6 serving bowls .

Last edited:
JaneB said:
Apple and Pear Crumble 6.5syns

567g/1lb 4oz cooking apples
1 tsp ground cinnamon
finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
4 tbsp granulated artificial sweetener
113g/4oz self raising flour
57g/2oz low-fat spread
a few drops of vanilla essence

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5. Peel, core and chop the apples and pears into chunks. Place in an oven-proof dish and stir in the cinnamon, orange zest and juice and half of the sweetener.
2. Make the crumble: in a bowl mix together the self-raising flour with the remaining sweetener. Melt the low-fat spread in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence. Pour over the flour mixture and mix with a fork until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Spoon the crumble mixture over the apples and pears and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Divide the crumble between 6 serving bowls .

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WYg-swBu7_4/TcLQud784HI/AAAAAAAADOQ/RJ7THnQH9A4/s1600/097.JPG

There are no pears in the ingredients list! How many do you use?
Where did you find the recipe? Or is one you've created-looks yummy xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks for the recipe :)

Your welcome tilly, enjoy they are lovely.:)

Jane x

Yes it was lovely when we made it too, must try it with the pears added next time, sounds even nicer xx

mmmm Jane the crumbles look amazing :D

I wish I lived 2 mins from the beach. Gosh how lovely :) xxxxxxx

The crumbles are lovely, hubby wants blackberry and apple doing next and then rhubarb.

It is nice to live only 2mins away from beech, we sometime go for a walk along the front (promenade) in the evening, it is so lovely and quiet, in the summer it can get really busy.

Jane x

My menu for today
EE Day

Breakfast
1 pint of water
Shape 0% yogurt peach 0.5syn
Pineapple
Tea

Mid morning after exercising
1 pint of water
Oats so simple Hxb
Tea

Late Lunch
1 pint of water
1 Ryvita cracker bread other half of Hxb
Ham, salad
Shape yogurt crumble 0.5syns
Tea

Dinner
1 pint of water
Thick bacon chops, sw chips, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes
Tea

Dessert
Sw fruit soufflé omelette 1.5syns
0% total Greek yogurt
Tea

Nibbling on fruit throughout the day.

Supper night time drink with chocolate fix
250ml Cappuccino with 16g diary milk chocolate grated on top 1.5syns, Hubbys speciality, milk from allowance (A choice)

Hx’s

A 350ml skim milk
B oats so simple and 1 Ryvita cracker bread

Alpine light 3 syns

Syns 7

Fruit Soufflé Omelette
Light, fluffy and a little bit special, this omelette is also quick to make. The recipe serves one, just use more eggs and make additional omelettes if serving more people.
Serves 1
1.5 SynS per serving:

Ingredients:
2 eggs, separated
1 level teaspoon powdered artificial sweetener
0.25 teaspoon lard (0.5 Syn)
85g/3oz mixed berry fruits (strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants, blackberries)
artificial sweetener, to taste
1 level teaspoon icing sugar (1 Syn)

Method
Beat the egg yolks with the artificial sweetener in a large bowl. Whisk the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until they stand in stiff peaks, then fold them into the beaten yolks with a metal spoon. Heat the lard in a small frying pan or omelette pan and, when it is hot and sizzling, pour in the omelette mixture. Cook gently over a low heat until the omelette starts to set and the underside is golden.
Place the omelette under a preheated hot grill for 1-2 minutes, just long enough to lightly brown and set the top. Slide the omelette out of the pan onto a serving plate. Top with the fruit, sprinkled with a little artificial sweetener, then fold the omelette over and serve immediately, dusted with icing sugar.

BritishEggraspcherrytreatom.jpg_e_e056c9a4ec5ed5f265f3acf026ce6644.jpg

That's sounds lovely, think I'll try that for breakfast tomorrow ty hun xx

JaneB said:
Fruit Soufflé Omelette
Light, fluffy and a little bit special, this omelette is also quick to make. The recipe serves one, just use more eggs and make additional omelettes if serving more people.
Serves 1
1.5 SynS per serving:

Ingredients:
2 eggs, separated
1 level teaspoon powdered artificial sweetener
0.25 teaspoon lard (0.5 Syn)
85g/3oz mixed berry fruits (strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants, blackberries)
artificial sweetener, to taste
1 level teaspoon icing sugar (1 Syn)

Method
Beat the egg yolks with the artificial sweetener in a large bowl. Whisk the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until they stand in stiff peaks, then fold them into the beaten yolks with a metal spoon. Heat the lard in a small frying pan or omelette pan and, when it is hot and sizzling, pour in the omelette mixture. Cook gently over a low heat until the omelette starts to set and the underside is golden.
Place the omelette under a preheated hot grill for 1-2 minutes, just long enough to lightly brown and set the top. Slide the omelette out of the pan onto a serving plate. Top with the fruit, sprinkled with a little artificial sweetener, then fold the omelette over and serve immediately, dusted with icing sugar.

That looks yummy and the recipe sounds very similar to my SW pancake recipe :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

That's sounds lovely, think I'll try that for breakfast tomorrow ty hun xx

It would suit breakfast rather than dessert, It was very nice, light and fluffy, the pancake mix would be better for dessert, we have to try these things out for us to learn.

Jane x

Hi everyone late putting my menu up today went to the hospital today for my diabetes results, 1st one since started exercising it came back at 5.9 they are really pleased, this has come down nicely from 7.9, at one stage it went up to 11.4., it goes to show that eating healthy and exercising works.

Hope everyone is ok.

Jane x

Back