JANUARY CHALLENGE - New Year, New you!

U know what, I pledge more than 25lbs for Jan, I pledge total honesty with myself about my weight. How many times I've destroyed my chances by being secretive about my eating or little slips. I made a million excuses. I was lying to myself. I was cowardly. I even lied to those who were supporting me. Goose, ur post has just made me realise that believe it it not. U were very honest. If it had been me I'd have done a swift disappearing act as I always did. I'm not going to do that when I start this time. If I'm struggling, this is the first place I'll go. People here are wonderful. U can never underestimate ur influence on others really. Thanks so much for sharing. God I'd love of there was a lipotrim local group like ww etc. Thank God for this forum. X

I am starting Lipotrim again on the 2nd - don't ask, I am eating again, I feel so ashamed and can't even bear to admit it on here. I feel like I have let everyone down. Hubby insisted I eat with him last night when we went out, I thought I had my flapjack in my bad but I didn't - forgot to a goal it, full day of sale shopping, banging headache, absolutley starving, the waitress kept saying 'are you not eating, go on eat, go on' Hubby said - just eat you are hungry, I was cold and tired and I ate. I am not proud of myself at all. He said his mum has invited us for our Christmas dinner this weekend so I will have to eat then and he is starting his healthy eating in January so kept saying just eat and go back on in January when he starts.

I did weigh this morning and im 8st 10. I have eaten today, I feel awful, all you people who have stayed 100% and have so mcub willpower, I am honestly so proud of you. You guys are truly an inspiration.

I am back on to this on 2nd Jan (after meeting with my pharmacist today). I will have 4 weigh in's to report on but my pledge is to get to 8st 4 and be at that weight at my last january weigh in (4 weigh ins) so I guess my pledge is to get to goal. I will pledge the exact amount when I weigh in on the 2nd Jan, I will be weighing myself daily as I do at home so I don't completley go of track before then. I plan to not be more than 8st 12 on the 2nd. when I get to goal I will do a proper refeed and move staright onto slimmign world.

sorry for letting you all down. All of you who are carrying on with LT please DO NOT GIVE UP, you will regret it and you will be so much happier for stickign to it.

Love to you all xx
Hi Goose,such a shame you feel so bad,you have not let anyone down at all,you have done so well and this is just part of why we all do these diets,because we have trouble with food,and we give in to temptations,the worse thing you can do is be hard on yourself about it,just
enjoy yourself,knowing that you have a goal for 2nd Jan and that its OK,we all stumble from time to time,its what we do then,that counts.

U know what, I pledge more than 25lbs for Jan, I pledge total honesty with myself about my weight. How many times I've destroyed my chances by being secretive about my eating or little slips. I made a million excuses. I was lying to myself. I was cowardly. I even lied to those who were supporting me. Goose, ur post has just made me realise that believe it it not. U were very honest. If it had been me I'd have done a swift disappearing act as I always did. I'm not going to do that when I start this time. If I'm struggling, this is the first place I'll go. People here are wonderful. U can never underestimate ur influence on others really. Thanks so much for sharing. God I'd love of there was a lipotrim local group like ww etc. Thank God for this forum. X

Well said Totes x x x I am a bit soft - ok a lot soft and shed a few tears reading your post because it resonated with me too. So true, you have to be honest with yourself, face the facts and take responsibility for yourself. Really tough thing to do... I have done so many diets and cheated so many times, I can't do that to myself anymore and have decided to learn to be good to myself and find my backbone in 2013. I also wish there was a local group but also think the anonymity on here helps too. I'd be unlikely to share most of this with anyone else including my best friends or my partner :eek: ;)

Hugs x x teapot :) goose opened the floodgates there, I was welling up too because she was brutally honest and in the past I'd have been gone from here like a rocket. Abandoning myself at the same time. It made me so sad that I had been so dishonest about it all before. If I'd done like goose, I might not have reached the near 27st I am now. I'm just not doing that anymore. Time to stand up and fight for our health and happiness now. Thanks for that teapot, such a comfort knowing ur not alone. Xx

I have read all of your posts and have shed a few tears myself. Believe it or not i was SOO close to doing a dissapearing act from here and boy am I glad I did not, if it meant I have even helped one person it is worth it.

What all of you have said has resonated with me. Previously I would have done all those things you have said you guys would. It took a lot of guts to admit what I had done and I truly felt like i had let you all down. However I have two options - run away, dont accept my demons and put all the weight and more back on OR accept I have had a tumble, recognise I have not undone all the hard work, take control and achieve my goals and this time I chose the second option.

I am sick of feeling self loathing, ugly, lacking in confidence, and all the other things that go with being overweight and this time I choose to be honest with myself aand take control.

I have said this many times before and I'll say it again! I think my journey is different this time because of the amazing support of the truly wonderful people on this forum, if it wasnt for thos forum I'm not sure I would have got this far in my journey and if I had and got this far, I would still be struggling with my demons a lot more and probably be going back to the path of self destruction.

No amount of food can make me feel as good as being healthy and looking in the mirror and being proud of the results i have achieved. To feel confident and have self worth is something over eating/bingeing etc is just so not worth.

I would love to post my pic from the special occasion but as this is a public forum and I have discussed some very personal things i am sure you understand why i prefer the anonyminity. If you would like to see the pic with the promise of not distributing/showing othets private message me and I will email it.

i hope I have given at least one of you the strength to keep going and believing in yourself xxxx

I have read all of your posts and have shed a few tears myself. Believe it or not i was SOO close to doing a dissapearing act from here and boy am I glad I did not, if it meant I have even helped one person it is worth it.

What all of you have said has resonated with me. Previously I would have done all those things you have said you guys would. It took a lot of guts to admit what I had done and I truly felt like i had let you all down. However I have two options - run away, dont accept my demons and put all the weight and more back on OR accept I have had a tumble, recognise I have not undone all the hard work, take control and achieve my goals and this time I chose the second option.

I am sick of feeling self loathing, ugly, lacking in confidence, and all the other things that go with being overweight and this time I choose to be honest with myself aand take control.

I have said this many times before and I'll say it again! I think my journey is different this time because of the amazing support of the truly wonderful people on this forum, if it wasnt for thos forum I'm not sure I would have got this far in my journey and if I had and got this far, I would still be struggling with my demons a lot more and probably be going back to the path of self destruction.

No amount of food can make me feel as good as being healthy and looking in the mirror and being proud of the results i have achieved. To feel confident and have self worth is something over eating/bingeing etc is just so not worth.

I would love to post my pic from the special occasion but as this is a public forum and I have discussed some very personal things i am sure you understand why i prefer the anonyminity. If you would like to see the pic with the promise of not distributing/showing othets private message me and I will email it.

i hope I have given at least one of you the strength to keep going and believing in yourself xxxx

Goose you are very smart and extremely brave and sooo glad you came back to us. You've helped me AGAIN today, I wanted to let you know. I happened to notice the link to the 'Fred' thread in your signature and had a nosey. WOW! Anyone who's interested, it's really worth a read to understand why we sabotage ourselves and feel no way to control it. Makes so much sense and in the New Year I am determined to regularly keep in touch with Fred, make friends, be firm and retrain him to support me. I need Fred on my side. I'm very fortunate to have a friend who is a hypnotherapist. I'm going to set up some sessions, perhaps once a month to start bringing my concious and unconscious together more effectively to achieve 'inner peace.' Sorry... that's all a bit weird and a bit airy fairy. Thread's here is you're interested http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-...0-changing-habits-using-fred.html#post5894008

Hi NewGirl. Some people will have 5 weigh ins and some will only have 4, or even less if they join part way through January. I don't think it matters how many weigh ins you have, its not a competition just a challenge for ourselves. I'll also start a February challenge nearer the time so your weigh in on 1st Feb will be your first one towards that challenge. Do you want to amend your pledge to refect 4 weigh ins instead?

Hello BusyMum, I didn't think about that, silly me. :D
No worries I will be in Feb challenge anyway so it will motivate me. thank you for making it clear x

Hi Busy Mum please add me to the challenge i wasn't around much of December family members passed away but i am back and i would like to pledge 14lbs and my weigh in day is Wednesday, many thanks x

Hi Natalia. Sorry to hear your sad news.

Hello everyone im new and just started LT today so i would like to pledge 20lbs this challenge is a great idea and everybody here is so supportive of eachother its so reassuring x :-D

Welcome Sarah! Very best wishes on ur journey. Ur right, the forum is very supportive. I'm not starting til Thursday and these ladies are so good to me already. Well done taking the plunge pre new year, u mean business! Good luck! Xx

Hello everyone im new and just started LT today so i would like to pledge 20lbs this challenge is a great idea and everybody here is so supportive of eachother its so reassuring x :-D

Hi Sarah. Welcome to the challenge. I've put your weigh day down as Sunday but let me know if it's different. Best wishes for your first week, it will get tough but hang in there because it will get a lot easier.

Hi Sarah. Welcome to the challenge. I've put your weigh day down as Sunday but let me know if it's different. Best wishes for your first week, it will get tough but hang in there because it will get a lot easier.

Hi busy mum my weigh in day is saturdays thanks for the advice my goal this week is to complete week one x

Hi busy mum my weigh in day is saturdays thanks for the advice my goal this week is to complete week one x

Thanks for letting me know, I've amended the table.

Hi Sarah,:welcome2:Good luck.

Hi Busy mum,today I have decided I am going to do just one more week and then start refers as I am now happy with my weight.Please can you adjust my January challenge to 4 lbs?Thanks.:thankyouthankyou:

Hi Busy Mum I love these challenges they kept me focused last time, can you add me for 25 lbs and my weigh in day will be Mondays :D

Hi Daisy, welcome to the challenge and good luck with your restart.

Hi Busy mum,today I have decided I am going to do just one more week and then start refers as I am now happy with my weight.Please can you adjust my January challenge to 4 lbs?Thanks.:thankyouthankyou:

Hi Nina. I'm really pleased you've got to where you want to be. I think it's really important that we don't just go off our BMI but that we are the size we feel comfortable and happy at. I notice you're now in size 12 clothes which is fantastic. Well done! Best wishes for your final week and for re-feed, it all looks a bit of a minefield to me at the moment!

Back