Jeans

SilverSilph said:
I did try on 2 pairs of pants today in the shops. One exercise pair and one pair of jeans, both size12.
The exercise pair were perfect, maybe even a lil too big! And the jeans I could get into and close but that's as far as I got. I've another 2ish inches to lose before they'll look good.

But considering my current jeans are River Island size 18s I think that's a pretty huge accomplishment :D And the jeans I bought here in Seattle a year ago are a size 16!

Wow that's a fantastic achievement, this diet seams to have some dramatic weight loss results.

Well I've lost ~20lb but I have been really working out with a personal trainer since last August ish. I toned up alot with her but I never changed my diet and so didn't lose weight.
Since starting dukan, which my trainer suggested, I have seen the most amazing shrinkage of any diet I've been on but I also think that's to do with how toned I am under the fat too...

If you want an idea of the workout I've been doing check out my most recent diary entry :D

I'm not trying to poopoo my loss to date but I've done other diets before, lost ~45lbs and I've never lost weight straight from my gut area before. Always arms, legs and chest first with gut being last. I didn't actually reach my target last time and I was left with my gut and spare tyre.. :(
I would highly, highly recommend weight training for anyone on a diet. Tones you up and also raises your metabolism :D

SilverSilph said:
Well I've lost ~20lb but I have been really working out with a personal trainer since last August ish. I toned up alot with her but I never changed my diet and so didn't lose weight.
Since starting dukan, which my trainer suggested, I have seen the most amazing shrinkage of any diet I've been on but I also think that's to do with how toned I am under the fat too...

If you want an idea of the workout I've been doing check out my most recent diary entry :D

I'm not trying to poopoo my loss to date but I've done other diets before, lost ~45lbs and I've never lost weight straight from my gut area before. Always arms, legs and chest first with gut being last. I didn't actually reach my target last time and I was left with my gut and spare tyre.. :(
I would highly, highly recommend weight training for anyone on a diet. Tones you up and also raises your metabolism :D

Yes will check out your diary entry, sounds like you have done a lot of work prior to the Dukan diet and results are showing. I'm going power walking shortly with my fit, slim husband. So hope it shows in my weight loss :)

Well I went through the WHOLE of my wardrobe this morning and I am so pleased that there is only a very little pile of things that don't fit me (yet!!).

:D
There is stuff in there so big that I'm gonna have to put in a safe place, I won't make the same mistake of throwing big clothes out again! Can't afford it!

Another 10lbs off and EVERYTHING should fit! :D:D:D

Zoesastar said:
Well I went through the WHOLE of my wardrobe this morning and I am so pleased that there is only a very little pile of things that don't fit me (yet!!).

:D
There is stuff in there so big that I'm gonna have to put in a safe place, I won't make the same mistake of throwing big clothes out again! Can't afford it!

Another 10lbs off and EVERYTHING should fit! :D:D:D

That's great news zoesastar, how long at your current weightloss do you think it will take you to get your last 10lb off?

sididd said:
That's great news zoesastar, how long at your current weightloss do you think it will take you to get your last 10lb off?

Not sure coz havent done Dukan for more than 2 weeks before now. In the past when trying other diets ive had an average loss of 1.5lbs a week so maybe about 6 weeks?

Zoesastar said:
Not sure coz havent done Dukan for more than 2 weeks before now. In the past when trying other diets ive had an average loss of 1.5lbs a week so maybe about 6 weeks?

6 weeks isn't that long I was given July 15th for my date, seems along way off, with a two week holiday in Turkey to jeopardise my weight loss. Oh must keep positive.

I dont remember how long the Dukan website said it would take, in 3 days of attack it said id only lose 2lbs well i lose 5!!

Im going to Florida for two weeks in May, i might have only just gone into conso by then

Zoesastar said:
I dont remember how long the Dukan website said it would take, in 3 days of attack it said id only lose 2lbs well i lose 5!!

Im going to Florida for two weeks in May, i might have only just gone into conso by then

Just been on a power walk around a country house estate park, one of my favorate places a little cold but I loved it. I have also just prepared my 1st Dukan bread ..... I've just popped in in the oven, fingers crossed :-()

Zoesastar said:
I've made one in the microwave before, turned out ok!

Pleased with the results .... if I say so myself ;-) possibilities endless. I'm the only overweight one in my home but they tried and liked the bread. Think it will disappear when I'm not looking. How dare they lol.

I've only made it in the mw, curious how it turns out in the oven. I use the recipe with yeast and was surprised it would "bake" in 4 minutes. Just made the muffins with the less egg, baking powder and they were fab. Might try the yeast bread with only one yolk, the rest whites to see if it can be more bread like instead of egg bread.

Joydriven said:
I've only made it in the mw, curious how it turns out in the oven. I use the recipe with yeast and was surprised it would "bake" in 4 minutes. Just made the muffins with the less egg, baking powder and they were fab. Might try the yeast bread with only one yolk, the rest whites to see if it can be more bread like instead of egg bread.

Oooo yes please let us know the results, more bread like sounds good and I'll try the muffin recipie tomorrow. First two weeks I've stuck to pretty boaring foods but starting with the recipies will give my diet variety.

Well these jeans now not only do up, but I can take them off while they're fully done up! They feel massively baggy too :) definitely keeping them as a measurement tool! X

I can get my very small black skinny jeans on and do them up, I just cant breathe, or eat and it takes some one else to help get them off lol

Back