Jenny trying to get to goal.

Hi jenny :) great start :) I'm an old timer but still read the diaries!

Have you tried oatbran biscuits? They are really quick and easy and you can put ginger powder in them to make ginger biscuits. I will bump them up in the receipe thread for you :) I used to have them with a cuppa before bed :)

They only take 90 seconds in microwave aswell so that's a bonus! Xxx

Hi Leah,

thank you :) I haven't tried the biscuits yet but that would be great. Going shopping in a while so I will get any ingredients that I haven't got. Thank you, I will go and check it out now. Have a good day x x

Hi jenny :) great start :) I'm an old timer but still read the diaries! Have you tried oatbran biscuits? They are really quick and easy and you can put ginger powder in them to make ginger biscuits. I will bump them up in the receipe thread for you :) I used to have them with a cuppa before bed :) They only take 90 seconds in microwave aswell so that's a bonus! Xxx

Girl. Where have you been. Missed you.

And jenny. I've only eaten my oat bran in these cookies since Leah introduced them to me a few months ago. They are delish and don't taste at all like the oat bran - just a wonderful crumbly cookie :)

day 7 and what a difference sleep can make, I woke up this morning feeling back to my normal self, weighed myself and I'm 12 stone 2lbs :) over the moon as how fast I have lost 6lbs. when I was on VLCD I was really struggling to get below 12 stone 6/7lbs, I know that I was cheating a little but the scales wouldnt shift, feels good to almost be out of the 12s. It will be the last time that I see the 12s as I am fully committed to a healthy body, I never want to feel fat and unhealthy again. I was thinking yesterday that I dont really feel fat anymore, which is crazy as I have felt fat pretty much my whole life. in fact I felt fat when I weighed 9 stone when I was 21, when I look back at the pictures I was so skinny, too skinny and would never want to be that thin again, I looked ill but at the time thought I was massive!! yesterday I wore a size 12 maxi dress and size 12 jacket, I went to the fair with my hubby and the kids and actually asked him to take pictures of my with the kids, usually I take all the pictures, its amazing how losing weight can seriously alter your confidence. day 7 on attack today, I think its probably recommended that I switch to phase 2 from tomorrow, unless others think it would be ok to stick it out for another few days? So yeah, I am feeling really good. Older kids back at school today so I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my little boy. Have a good day all x x

Hey Jenny

Great going on the loss. And I feel you on the pics. I would never lean in for a group pic and now I'm busy taking selfies with my niece :)

Switch to cruise. Don't wait any more. Attack loses it's effect if done too long.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. yeah it is so hard not to eat, I was really strict for a while but then started craving cheese so had a little, then a little more and then I couldnt stop eating lol. I am much more suited to Dukan. wow thats great that your bp and pcos is under control since being on Dukan, thank you for sharing that with me :) I really hope I can get a stone off before I go away but just being in the 11s will feel great (psychological thing I guess) Im only just over 4lbs away from the 11s so positive I will be in the 11s when I go away, which is a great feeling. Massive well done on your weight loss, I only work in stones and lbs but think 41kg is around 90lbs? That is brilliant, bet you feel so good now. x x

It's just over 91lbs (every bit counts :p). But yes. Loving it and feel great!

ahh bonkers, I've been lurking, and reading! I'm glad your still liking the biscuits :) they are a good easy tasty way to get the oatbran in especially if your not a fan so thought I'd reccomend them again :) I'll pop over to your diary now.

Jenny I think it's just oatbran, milk and ginger powder if I remember, oh and sweetener powder xxx

Hey Jenny

Great going on the loss. And I feel you on the pics. I would never lean in for a group pic and now I'm busy taking selfies with my niece :)

Switch to cruise. Don't wait any more. Attack loses it's effect if done too long.

lol at busy taking selfies.

I will be switching to cruise from the morning. thank you x x

Leah I just tried the biscuit and it was yummy. I think I might have 1 every day, its so easy to eat unlike an omelette when Im not that hungry. thank you for telling me about it. Thinking that I might bake a batch later, will have to write my name on a tub or the kids will think they are for them. lol.

thanks again. no more omelette yay :) x x

Haha my pleasure :) glad you've found a way to get the bran in :) I like them when they are crunchy, the longer you let them stand the crunchier they get but I always ended up getting impatient and eating them straight away! Still yummy though :) good luck with your journey xx

Leah I just tried the biscuit and it was yummy. I think I might have 1 every day, its so easy to eat unlike an omelette when Im not that hungry. thank you for telling me about it. Thinking that I might bake a batch later, will have to write my name on a tub or the kids will think they are for them. lol.

thanks again. no more omelette yay :) x x

I'm only toying with dukan at the moment, but tried the biscuit and it was a big fail! V floppy...pancake gone wrong! Any tips?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha my pleasure :) glad you've found a way to get the bran in :) I like them when they are crunchy, the longer you let them stand the crunchier they get but I always ended up getting impatient and eating them straight away! Still yummy though :) good luck with your journey xx

tomorrow I am planning on making a few days worth so will be able to taste them crunchy too. like having a real biscuit. thanks again x x

I'm only toying with dukan at the moment, but tried the biscuit and it was a big fail! V floppy...pancake gone wrong! Any tips?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi, did you make it with milk? I made mine with a tablespoon of muller light toffee yogurt, 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran, 3/4 teaspoon splenda and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. guess using the yogurt made it a little thicker, I can imagine that milk may make it more floppy, try it with a yogurt that you like, good luck, mine was really nice. looking forward to having one tomorrow, think I am going to bake it in the oven though. x x

end of day 7 and also end of the attack phase. I am looking forward to having a nice chicken salad tomorrow. need to check what I can and cant have. today has been pretty good, I am really pleased that I made a yummy biscuit in under 2 minutes :) I tried a lovely muller light toffee yogurt so I am feeling happy that these 2 things will be playing a part in my life for the foreseeable.

I only have 39 days till I go on holiday. I am not sure what I am doing food wise when I go away. We're going for 12 nights, I thought I could bake a batch of yummy biscuits and have 1 every day so I am still having my oat bran, try and stick to dukan apart from some alcohol and pudding. I dont want to be too strict when I'm away as really want to enjoy myself. Alcohol wise I will probably have a spirit with a diet coke so not too bad. Or I could just eat whatever I want and get back to Dukan when I get home. Not sure yet, see how I feel closer to the time.

I am so excited about getting into the 11s, the difference I feel when I weigh 11st 13.5lbs compared to 12 stone is ridiculous, half a lb obviously doesnt make me look any slimmer but I feel so much slimmer as soon as I know that I am in the 11s. guess its all in my head.

Ive started going to an emotional eating group run by BEAT. losing weight is the easy part for me, maintaining is a different matter, I use food if Im tired, stressed, upset etc so I really want to address all of these issues before I get to my goal weight.

anyway goodnight all x x

Last edited:
Great idea re the group and if you feel like sharing any gems with us in that regard, I think most of us would be delighted!
x

Great idea re the group and if you feel like sharing any gems with us in that regard, I think most of us would be delighted!
x

Morning Joanne,

yeah I thought I better go as never want to gain weight again because I have a bad relationship with it. I would recommend it to anyone that had even the slightest issue with food, I think they have them all over the country.
One of the ladies swears by Paul McKennas book freedom from emotional eating, it comes with a dvd and cd I think, she said it has been life changing, Ive ordered it but still waiting for it to arrive. Yeah I will share anything that I think might be helpful to you all. Have a good day x x

Morning all,

day 8 today.

woke up to the sun shining and my little boy smiling at me, which is always the best way to wake up. the day only got better when I weighed myself and I saw 12st 1lb. That means that I have officially lost 4 stone woohoo. I am so happy about that. Only 11lbs till my holiday goal. I think I would like to get down to about 10 st 6lbs ultimately, but just to be in the 11s I will be feeling great.

first day of cruise today so I am really looking forward to have some salad.

I am over the moon with my half a stone loss in a week, yay. I would be really happy from now to lose 2lbs per week.

Hope you all have a good day x x

That's a fantastic loss! Especially when you haven't got a great deal to loose, well done! I know what you mean about that small difference between stone brackets. I feel fantastic when I see 15 usually, can't believe I got up to 18 :cry:. So 4 stone off, sounds like a whole new wardrobe for your hols to me! Last time I did dukan I went on holiday in the middle. I had a yogurt with oatbran for breakfast, feta cheese salad for lunch, a nice cream a day and then some sort of meat/ fish with salad or veg for dinner. I also drank spirits every night. Was away for 2 weeks and only gained 3 lb. if your careful you should be fine to have a bit of a treat while your away. A couple of days of attack when you get back should get rid of any gain anyway.

i love the idea of he group, might look if there's one close to me as I know I have a big problem with emotional eating x

That's a fantastic loss! Especially when you haven't got a great deal to loose, well done! I know what you mean about that small difference between stone brackets. I feel fantastic when I see 15 usually, can't believe I got up to 18 :cry:. So 4 stone off, sounds like a whole new wardrobe for your hols to me! Last time I did dukan I went on holiday in the middle. I had a yogurt with oatbran for breakfast, feta cheese salad for lunch, a nice cream a day and then some sort of meat/ fish with salad or veg for dinner. I also drank spirits every night. Was away for 2 weeks and only gained 3 lb. if your careful you should be fine to have a bit of a treat while your away. A couple of days of attack when you get back should get rid of any gain anyway.

i love the idea of he group, might look if there's one close to me as I know I have a big problem with emotional eating x

Hi, thank you :) well done on your amazing loss too.

here is the link http://helpfinder.b-eat.co.uk/listings.asp

that great that you only gained 3lbs, hopefully I can do the same. I'm going to be really active when I'm away, in the pool a lot with the kids etc. but I dont want to say no to every pudding, ice cream etc. Guess I'll see what mind frame I'm in when I get there.

I have so many small clothes so probably dont need anything new as Ive been waiting to fit into them for ages. I am going to treat myself the week before we go away though, couple of new bikinis etc.

Have a good day x x

sure you'll be seeing the 15s before you know it :)

Hi all,

day 8 is almost over, it has been really tiring so I will be happy to go to bed :)

I felt really good picking the kids up from school today, I wore size 14 jeans that fit me perfectly and a little size 12 jacket. several of the other moms told me that I looked really good and well done etc. It was really nice to hear and made me feel even better than weighing this morning to see that I'd lost 4 stone :)

Hope you have all had a good day x x

Morning all,

day 9 today and now only 37 days till we go on holiday :) I am so excited to go away, my son was only a couple of months old last summer so we didnt go away and I really missed it.

weighed myself this morning and I weigh the same as yesterday, I knew that the initial fast weight loss would slow down, Im hoping that a week from now I will be in the 11s, which means losing 2lbs which is about a normal loss on cruise (I think).

right Im off to make breakfast.

enjoy your day x x

Hey Jenny

You are doing good. And the STS was probably your water levels resetting themselves (wasn't yesterday first day on Cruise?).

Every holiday or cheat day I have had while on Dukan I never ate my oat bran. Was eating so much junk so had no place left for it :p.

The longest time off plan was 4 days for me and I put on around 5lbs. Which went away by the following WI. Just enjoy yourself and come back and get straight back onto plan.

Have a lovely day xx

Back