Jenny's Food Diary

Jenbobity

Hello everyone I've been doing Weight Watchers for the past month and really enjoying it. Thought it might be helpful keeping track of my meals. My point allowance is 22.

(09/03)
Breakfast
Weetibix (2) = 2
Skimmed milk = 1
Sugar = 0.5
WW yoghurt = 0.5

Lunch
Baked potato = 3
Cheese slice (2) = 2
Salad = 0

Tea
Mince = 5
Peas 35g = 0.5
Onion/carrot/mushrooms = 0
Pasta 60g = 3
Gravy granules = 1.5

Snack
Maryland cookie (2) = 3

Total = 22

Hi Jenny! Have to agree with you there! Tracking your grub really helps!

Keep up your good work!

Thank you for your encouragement!

(10/03)
Breakfast
Instant porridge = 0.5
Skimmed milk = 1
Sugar = 0.5

Lunch
Prawns 60g = 1
ketchup 30g = 0.5
Mayo light 30g = 2
(to make thousand island dressing)
Salad = 0

Dinner
Eggs (2) = 3
Toast (2) = 1
Mush/toms = 0
Sausages (2) = 3
Potato waffle (2) = 4

Snack
Go ahead biscuit = 3
Canned fruit in syrup 210g = 2.5

Total = 22

Last edited:
Hello. I've noticed some Tesco products have the weight watcher points worked out on the back. Has anyone noticed them on any other foods? Mine was on the cream cheese. Very handy.

(11/03)
Breakfast
Crumpets (2) = 3
Cream cheese 20g = 1
WW yoghurt = 0.5

Lunch
Mini tortilla wraps (2) = 3
Chicken waffer 60g = 1
Cream cheese 20g = 1
Salad = 0

Dinner
Chicken 80g = 1.5
Mushrooms/ carrots/ onion = 0
Curry sauce = 1
Rice 60g = 3
Mini naan bread = 2

Snacks
Skips = 2
Diet coke = 0
Pint skimmed milk = 2
Mini choc bar = 1

Last edited:
I believe M&S Count on us have started pointing there food:D Somebody said Sainsbury's too?? Not sure about that one though - it's very handy

Hiya, it would be handy for me if everyone put the points on but if you just have 2 fairly big new potatoes, how do you know how many points that is? I'm sitting here writing jenbobity's meals and points down - hope you don't mind! you eat what I eat from the sounds of it. I'm hopeless with this points thing.

Hi Sue what would you like to know points for? The potato I had was 3 points, around 300g. Glad you like my meals :) I will keep updating them.

Hi

Hiya, it's new potatoes I was wondering about. I had 2 quite big ones tonight - well only ate one and a half - so how do you know how many points that is please? I had a chicken fillet and had no idea how many that was but I noticed you have 1.5 for 80g. course I never looked what it weighed - duh.

I do like the look of your meals, I like mushrooms - thank goodness, they're 0 points - and things like bacon and fried egg (and a few baked beans). Can I ask which sausages you have that are 3 points for two? I've bought some WW ready meals today to stop my head spinning worrying about points. Thanks.

Hi 200g of new potatos are 2 (around 6 potatos i'd say) so the two you had would have been 0.5 - 1 point. Hope that helps a little. My 80g of chicken is for half a chick breast, a full is usually around 165g so 2.5 points. The sausages were 1% fat ones from Morrisons. Would you like help with anything else? The best thing is to weigh everything, a pain but after a week or so it comes naturally.

(12/03/09)

Breakfast
Weetabix (2) = 2
Skimmed milk 150ml = 1
Teaspoon sugar = 0.5
WW yoghurt = 0.5

Lunch (Toasties)
WW bread (4) = 2
Low fat cheese slice (2) = 2
Chicken waffer 60g = 1
Tomatoes = 0

Dinner
Veggie burger = 2.5
WW chips 240g = 4
Frozen peas 35 = 0.5
Carrots/broccoli = 0
Tomato Ketchup = 0.5

Snacks
Babybell light = 1
Tesco jaffa cakes (1) = 4.5

Total = 22

Last edited:
Hi, I've only just come across your post, I'm still blaming my age and the fact that I'm menopausal!!! :D Not quite found my way around the forum yet, I just click on weight watchers and hope for the best.

Thanks ever so much for your offer, can you pop round lol. That's great about the new potatoes, also the chicken cos I love chicken. I just buy those tesco value fillets. I've had some of one of them in a sandwich today and the rest is in the fridge, only a little bit. I find it really hard to not go to the biscuit tin cos that's what I did several times a day when I was hungry, a quick fix.

I didn't have spread on my sandwich, I put a really little bit of mayo on but I've only got the full fat stuff so it was that.

I will look up my vodka and fresh orange, I'd hate to go without that each evening! lol If I think of anything else, is it ok to ask you? On my childminding forum we do email each other so we don't bore the rest of them to death but I'm not a full member on here yet.

Think I'm going to have a ww ready meal tonight and then i know what I'm having in points.

Ohyes, I got a pot of chickenand bacon pasta and it says it's 450 cals for all of it and I've eaten about a tablespoon full, how can I work that one out please?

Thanks a lot,

Sue x

Hi Sue if your unsure about point values the best thing i can suggest is keeping a record of the calories per 100g and the saturated fat per 100g. I can then help you work out the points. Do you have a weight watcher food book at all? I got a table with mine which allows you to work out points quite easily.

Jenny x

Hi Jenny,

I've been looking for this post for hours! I really shouldn't join forums cos I get in a mess, I read one and then want to go back to it later and haven't a clue where it was.

I'm gonna write down what you said in your post, along with all my other little post it notes dotted everywhere! I did get a little folder thing with a booklet called Food List, one with Fast Start and a little card with a points finder. Which I should use shouldn't I!!!

Was it you who told me how many points 60gs of sultana bran was? Sorry, I can't remember, a few kind ladies have replied! I bought some scales yesterday and have forgotten to use them up to now. I had half a tesco chicken fillet in a sandwich (ww bread) at lunch time and then the rest of the fillet later on with some pitta bread cos I was starving and then I had a ww chicken curry which has the points on the box!

I'm sorry to be a pain. I don't know why my brain won't work. I will get the hang of it and stop pestering you eventually lol.

Sue x x

Hi Sue I didn't tell you about the Sultana Bran sorry. Once you start using your point finder and keep a note of foods you eat regularly it become really easy. Good luck!

(13/03)
Breakfast
Instant porridge = 0.5
Skimmed milk 180ml = 1
Teaspoon sugar = 0.5

Lunch (omelette)
Eggs (2) = 3
Cheese slice low fat (2) = 2
Mushrooms = 0
Chicken waffer 30g = 0.5
WW bread (2) = 1

Dinner
Chicken 80g = 1
Carrot/ mushroom/ onion = 0
Rice 60g = 3
Sweet & sour sauce 60g = 1.5
Mini naan bread = 2

Snacks
Malteasers standard = 3.5
Cream cheese 30g = 1
Crackerbread (6) = 1.5

Last edited:
oats so simple

Thanks Jenny, I'm playing safe tonight with a WW quiche and some wafer thin ham and tomatoes. I am writing down everything I eat and keep having a look at the points finder.

Sue

16/03
Breakfast
Crumpets (2) = 3
Cream cheese 20g = 1
Canned fruit in syrup 210g = 2.5

Lunch
Bread roll = 1.5
Chicken waffer 60g = 1
Cream cheese 20g = 1
Salad = 0

Tea
Sausages (2) = 6
Smash 35g = 1.5
Musrooms/ carrots = 0
Peas 35g = 0.5
Sweetcorn 60g = 0.5
Gravy 9g = 1.5

Snacks
WW crisps = 1
Disney choc = 1

17/03
Breakfast
Weetabix (2) = 2
Skimmed milk 150ml = 1
Sugar teaspoon = 0.5
WW yoghurt = 1

Lunch
Pizza = 4.5
WW chips 120g = 2
Ketchup = 0.5

Dinner
Pasta 80g = 4
Gammon 1/2 = 3
Peas 35g = 0.5
Sweetcorn 60g = 0.5
Carrots = 0
Cheese sauce 20g = 1

Snacks
Mini skittles = 1.5

18/03

Breakfast
Weetabix (2) = 2
Skimmed milk 150ml = 1
Teaspoon sugar = 0.5
WW yoghurt = 1

Lunch
Veggie burger = 2.5
WW bread (2) = 1
Cheese slice low fat = 1
Salad = 0

Dinner
Blue dragon noodles = 6
Mushrooms/ carrots/ onion = 0
Sweet & sour sauce 60g = 1.5
Gammon 1/2 = 3

Snacks
WW crisps = 1
Cereal bar = 1.5

Last edited:
Hi Jen,

Food looks great:D. Just one thing, if you don't mind me mentionning but you might be doing yourself out of 0.5 point - You're pointing your 150mls of skimmed milk as 1? A whole pint is 2, so maybe you're doing yourself an injustice? I put 300mls as 1 which is half a pint.

Just a thought;)

Hi Jax

Thanks for the advice, I didn't realise. That extra 0.5 point will come in handy today! (Going to Nando's later)

I'm really pleased this week I managed to lose 3lb. I didn't total keep track at the weekend but still ate sensibly. My points should be going down soon!

19/3
Breakfast
Weetabix (2) = 2
Skimmed milk 150ml = 0.5
Teaspoon sugar = 0.5
Banana = 1.5

Lunch
WW bread (3) = 1.5
Ham waffer 30g = 0.5
Light Mayo teaspoon = 0.5
Salad = 0

Dinner (Nando's)
Veggie pitta = 7
Chips = 6.5

Snacks
WW crisps = 1
Cup of tea = 0.5

Thought I'd pop in and say congratulations on your 3ib loss. Menus look great, It's brill getting ideas from the food diarys. Good luck for the coming week. :O)

Back