JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Oh Jess! Im sorry you are feeling down today. . But like you said to me before, even though you may not be losing like you hoped, you are still having a massive positive effect on all of your healthier habits (both mentally and physically) plus try and look at the targets you are setting yourself as aiming to lose 2 pounds from monday to Saturday seems like a lot to me and maybe try setting a mini goal that shows you being a little kinder to yourself. I am certain that you will have a loss next week if you continue you the way you have been this week.

One thing I am going to get into this week is making soup, im not sure how you feel about having soup? Now it is getting cooler I am moving away from salad and beefing up my veg intake by making lovely soups!! Also hoping that will boost my losses too..

Be kind to yourself today, if you fancy a little treat-then have it. Don't deprive yourself as you may just feel worse in the end..

Tomorrow is a new day!

Xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya lovely

I know, but I was sooo gutted this morning. You're right though, 2lbs in 4 days is a big target and don't know why it would happen when it doesn't normally. I am determined to stay within my syns this weekend, then I can maybe start my new syns monday up through saturday or something to give myself a proper week for weight loss.

I might go back to Original and then yes soup will be a great idea :) i need to buy a proper blender though. Have you got any good recipes?

I'll try and be good today and go for a treat tomorrow :)

Thanks honey

xxxx

Big fat maintain this morning :( but actually feeling fine cos it doesn't mean I won't lose it next week :)

Going to a food festival today and going to stock my freezer up with lovely meats and fish, and even though I'm not going to go mad I will probably eat a sneaky slice of cake :)

xxxx

Hiya lovely

I know, but I was sooo gutted this morning. You're right though, 2lbs in 4 days is a big target and don't know why it would happen when it doesn't normally. I am determined to stay within my syns this weekend, then I can maybe start my new syns monday up through saturday or something to give myself a proper week for weight loss.

I might go back to Original and then yes soup will be a great idea :) i need to buy a proper blender though. Have you got any good recipes?

I'll try and be good today and go for a treat tomorrow :)

Thanks honey

You really just need a hand blender Jess, I made mine yesterday with one and it was divine!! Carrot and coriander is so easy to do and am going to do leek and potato, spiced butternut and tomato & basil this week :D ive also got my new recipe books today jamie and the hairy dieters-they look awesome!! So excited to start trying them all out!

xxxx

Big fat maintain this morning :( but actually feeling fine cos it doesn't mean I won't lose it next week :)

Im glad you are feeling ok about that, its not a gain! Plus whenever I have had a maintain on my weigh in I seem to lose the following day or two!!

Going to a food festival today and going to stock my freezer up with lovely meats and fish, and even though I'm not going to go mad I will probably eat a sneaky slice of cake :)

Have a lovely day and remember to be kind to yourself- with a nice treat or two ;)

Xxx

xxxx

Thanks honey you always know what to say :)

We have a hand blender but didn't think it was very good, but we might try it again!

and we had a lovely day yesterday and treat ourselves :)

Have you had a good weekend?

xxxx

Thanks honey you always know what to say :)

We have a hand blender but didn't think it was very good, but we might try it again!

and we had a lovely day yesterday and treat ourselves :)

Have you had a good weekend?

xxxx

No worries :) tomorrow is the start of a brand new week all round :D

You should definitely try it again, especially if you only make smaller batches-its so quick just to blitz it all when it's all cooked.

I have had a lovely weekend thanks, just chilling with the boy and his little one.. trying to get ready for the busy week ahead :/

Hows your weekend?

Xx

Okay, I might try it then :)

Aw that sounds nice. We had a lovely time; the boyfriend's mum has stayed and it has been lovely.

Yeah you start uni again don't you? you in your final year? I'm so jealous of the freshers, can't believe it was 6 years ago that I was a fresher!

xxxx

This weekend

Hi guys, hope that you all have had wonderful weekends :)

We went to a food festival yesterday so I had: Wholemeal toast (HEB) with some butter (2 syns) for breakfast; Had some curry (5 syns?) with boiled rice for lunch; Had steak with wedges (2 syns for oil) and veg for dinner. Naughty wise I had: 1/2 brownie (5 syns?) and 4 profiteroles (5 syns each!) also had 1/2 pint and 2 large glasses of red wine - so gonna put syns for yesterday at .... 47 ;)

92/105 syns up until this morning. Then I have had a carvery for lunch ....

SO I am going to be fairly good for the rest of today and be properly good as of tomorrow again. So although I am probably over my overall syns I reckon this will be my lowest overall syn week and weekend yet :)

The small achievements. Although hoping to stay within syns next whole week; I hate maintaining

xxxx

Okay, I might try it then :)

Aw that sounds nice. We had a lovely time; the boyfriend's mum has stayed and it has been lovely.

Yeah you start uni again don't you? you in your final year? I'm so jealous of the freshers, can't believe it was 6 years ago that I was a fresher!

xxxx

I shall let you know how my soup recipes turn out this week :) glad you had a good weekend! It always helps me to be around loved ones to recoup a little if ive been feeling a bit low..

Yes I am going into my third year, I am only in Monday afternoons, Thursday and Friday mornings. With work Tuesdays and hopefully Wednesdays so that I can leave my weekends free (my current job is mainly weekends and would love to give that up and focus on the school job ready for my teacher training next year! )

I feel like we are at the top of the school this year ;) remember the feeling when you got to year 11 at school? Hahaha I am looking forward to it very much and am sure it will go very fast as well!!

Xx

I shall let you know how my soup recipes turn out this week :) glad you had a good weekend! It always helps me to be around loved ones to recoup a little if ive been feeling a bit low..

Yes I am going into my third year, I am only in Monday afternoons, Thursday and Friday mornings. With work Tuesdays and hopefully Wednesdays so that I can leave my weekends free (my current job is mainly weekends and would love to give that up and focus on the school job ready for my teacher training next year! )

I feel like we are at the top of the school this year ;) remember the feeling when you got to year 11 at school? Hahaha I am looking forward to it very much and am sure it will go very fast as well!!

Xx

Ooh yes let me know :)

Ah you you studying to be a teacher then? Hehe I know the feeling, third year was epic

I hope today goes well

xxxx

Monday 23rd September

EE

I have decided to have another EE week to see if i lose any weight. If I maintain again then I will switch back to Original and Success Express.

Plan

Breakfast:
Granola (HEB) with milk (1/4 HEA) Banana (SF) Grapes (SF) and Strawberries (SF)Lunch: Small Jacket potato (1 syn as is out of a packet) with beans (F) orange (SF) I am going to work on upping my SF at lunch
Dinner: Cottage Pie Mother in law is cooking this so I am going to put 4 syns for anything hidden and vegetables (SF)
Snacks: Hoops and Crosses (4.5 syns) Fat free yoghurt (F)
Drinks: 3 cuppas (3/4 HEA) and water

Our gym is also closed for a few weeks so we are going to take up running. Tonight the bf is out though so I am going to go on the wii and do some dancing!

I hope everyone has a lovely Monday (if a Monday can be lovely)

Ooh yes let me know :)

Ah you you studying to be a teacher then? Hehe I know the feeling, third year was epic

I hope today goes well

xxxx

Hey Jess :)

so I made leek and potato soup tonight ready for lunch tomorrow- it is lovely!! A few leeks and a couple of potatoes made 3 big portions! :eek: I just fried up some onion with the leeks, boiled the potatoes then put them all n one pan with about 800 ml of bouillon and loads of black pepper and just blitzed it with the hand blender.

Today was great! Was lovely being back and am not feeling too overwhelmed (yet..) new job starts tomorrow and I also managed to get on to the jewellery course I wanted to do on Tuesday evenings :D I am doing an BSc in psychology with counselling and will be training to be a primary teacher next year with the view to be a SENCO one day :D.

hope you had a good day, diary looks good! Do you like coleslaw? I always find homemade coleslaw is a good way of consuming some extra sf :)

xx

Hey Jess :)

so I made leek and potato soup tonight ready for lunch tomorrow- it is lovely!! A few leeks and a couple of potatoes made 3 big portions! :eek: I just fried up some onion with the leeks, boiled the potatoes then put them all n one pan with about 800 ml of bouillon and loads of black pepper and just blitzed it with the hand blender.

THE SOUP SOUNDS VERY YUMMY :) MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY!

Today was great! Was lovely being back and am not feeling too overwhelmed (yet..) new job starts tomorrow and I also managed to get on to the jewellery course I wanted to do on Tuesday evenings :D I am doing an BSc in psychology with counselling and will be training to be a primary teacher next year with the view to be a SENCO one day :D.

YAY EXCITING, I'M GLAD THAT YOU HAD A GOOD DAY YESTERDAY. I HOPE THAT YOUR NEW JOB GOES WELL TODAY. OOH A JEWELLERY COURSE SOUNDS GOOD :)

I DID PSYCHOLOGY TOO :) (WITH PHILOSOPHY) TEACHING SOUNDS GOOD TO ME

hope you had a good day, diary looks good! Do you like coleslaw? I always find homemade coleslaw is a good way of consuming some extra sf :)

YEAH I MADE SOME A WHILE BACK AND IT WAS YUMMY :) GOOD IDEA HONEY ESPECIALLY FOR LUNCH
xx

XXXX

EE

I have decided to have another EE week to see if i lose any weight. If I maintain again then I will switch back to Original and Success Express.

Plan

Breakfast:
Granola (HEB) with milk (1/4 HEA) Banana (SF) Grapes (SF) and Strawberries (SF)Lunch: Small Jacket potato (1 syn as is out of a packet) with beans (F) orange (SF) I am going to work on upping my SF at lunch
Dinner: Cottage Pie Mother in law is cooking this so I am going to put 4 syns for anything hidden and vegetables (SF)
Snacks: Hoops and Crosses (4.5 syns) Fat free yoghurt (F)

Our gym is also closed for a few weeks so we are going to take up running. Tonight the bf is out though so I am going to go on the wii and do some dancing!

I hope everyone has a lovely Monday (if a Monday can be lovely)

Update on yesterday: I bought some microwave sprouts to up my superfree at lunch
I had peas and beans with my cottage pie
I forgo the hoops and crosses and replaced them with 2.5 syns of sainsburys popcorn

However I had 2 sweets as I stayed late at work - gonna syn them at 3

Total daily syns: 9.5
Weekly syns: 9.5/105

Tuesday 24th September

Plan

EE

Breakfast: Granola (HEB) with milk (1/4 HEA) grapes strawberries and banana (SF)
Lunch: Salad (SF) with tuna (F)
Snacks: Orange (SF) and Yoghurt (F)

Dinner: well, we were going out to a steak night (where I could keep my syns low) BUT the OH has an application for Thursday and we really need to work on it so to motivate him I am getting us a cheeky KFC so we can eat and work at the same time! I'll figure out the syns after and make sure I compensate for them as much as I can this week - but I feel that sometimes life has to come above slimming

xxxx

I agree with you on that, sometimes you can't be stuck down with slimming when there's other things to life.

I might try the weekly syning lol.

Plan

EE

Breakfast: Granola (HEB) with milk (1/4 HEA) grapes strawberries and banana (SF)
Snacks: Orange (SF) and Yoghurt (F)

Dinner: well, we were going out to a steak night (where I could keep my syns low) BUT the OH has an application for Thursday and we really need to work on it so to motivate him I am getting us a cheeky KFC so we can eat and work at the same time! I'll figure out the syns after and make sure I compensate for them as much as I can this week - but I feel that sometimes life has to come above slimming

xxxx

The KFC was delish and so was the donut afterwars. However tbh it has just motivated me to be super good the rest of the weekend and weekend :)

Wednesday 25th September

Breakfast: Granola (HEB) Milk (1/4 HEA) Banana and Grapes (SF)
Snacks: Orange (SF) and I might get some sushi at 1/2 syn or have a mugshot (F)
Dinner: Cod (F) with asparagus (SF) courgette (SF) and sweet potato wedges (F)

Syns: maximum 0.5/15

:) Healthy day!

Wednesday 25th September

Breakfast: Granola (HEB) Milk (1/4 HEA) Banana and Grapes (SF)
Snacks: Orange (SF) and I might get some sushi at 1/2 syn or have a mugshot (F)
Dinner: Cod (F) with asparagus (SF) courgette (SF) and sweet potato wedges (F)

Syns: maximum 0.5/15

:) Healthy day!

How did you get on Jess? Xx

How did you get on Jess? Xx

Well I think honey :) I only had 2 hot drinks as well so definitely within my HEA :)

I didn't eat my sushi (saved for today)

I am however going to put down 3 syns as I had 1 syn of ketchup and James cooked in rapeseed oil so going to put 2 just in case :)

It felt good being good haha

xxxx

Back