JessyG's food diary - positive and determined to shift the bulge

Hey girls,

I need to do something drastic, so count me into Operation SlimJim, although for me, it'll be operation SlightlyLessFatty!! xxx

Haha Lil we need a tracker so we can record our losses. Want me to do one? xx.

I reckon we just do a 6 week countdown and we pick whatever we want to lose in that timeframe, it's not set by anyone other than yourself!

My aim is 7.5 lb, Jessy's is ~10lb (TBC!) ... etc!

Yes, a tracker would be great Jess! I was gonna maybe look at pinching one of another thread... naughty! x

Thanks Sarah! I've drafted a spreadsheet (see above) and let me know if you want anything changing/adding!

I am going to weigh on a Wednesday for the 6 weeks as my target day (my birthday) is a Wednesday

xxxx

Can't stop eating today but all within plan so all is good xxxx

Morning lovelies

Last night was a throw together dinner as I was knackered after my back workout and James was after his PT session. I did steak, cherry toms, asparagus, quinoa with lime kale seeds and nuts! Yummy!

This also sounds totally dum but I've never thought about the fact that dairy cows need to be pregnant pretty much constantly so we can have their milk! Poor things! And all penned up :( Coconuts don't need to be pregnant so I'm mainly switching back to my nut milk and if I buy normal milk only organic! I'm not going to avoid it completely but I am struggling to lose weight more now ive reintroduced it!

Eats for today:
Pretty much all tbc! Going to boots now and can hopefully pick up some eggs for brekkie!

Getting our car tonight EEK SO EXCITED. Cancelling and sorting insurance out though is annoying with sky high cancellation fees, but needs must! xxxx

Dinner sounds delish!
I'm so excited for you with the car..do we get to se a pic of you at the wheel?!

I had genuinely never considered the fact that cows need to be preggers to generate the milk! Interesting stuff.....I know i love it a little too much to give it up tho! xx

Happy new car day!
I had the same thought re cows. I only ever eat meat when I know where its come from and that the animal has had a nice life. I only eat free range eggs and milk was the next thing for me to look at.
I looked into the dairy cow cycle and cows are generally inseminated again when their calf is around 2 months old. Pregnancy is same as people, 9 months, and they are milked til around 7 months gone I think.
Your decision to buy organic is admirable but remember this means poorly cows (e.g if they get mastitis) cannot be treated and may be put down. Are there any local dairy farms you could get your milk from instead? You could see the cows and make sure they have a nice life outside eating grass and being cows and enjoy proper milk guilt free :) x

Happy new car day! I'm trying to give up dairy (don't have milk in my tea any more) and switch it up between oat/almond/coconut milk. I don't think I can give up proper cheese though!

I never thought that about the cows! I also read an article this morning on cows milk , especially the low fat versions of them being full of rubbish. I only drink almond milk now.
How exciting getting your new car!! Let us know how she drives :)

I hadn't thought about that Rosie .... I'm sure there must be, that will be my mission to find somewhere!

I love cheese too but mainly happy with proper feta and goats cheese :)

I know I won't rule it out completely but I want to be more conscious of what I am having

I cannot wait for it and there will be piccys!

Eats for today have been updated a little:
B: 2 boiled eggs, banana, Savse juice
L: Rainbow salad and maybe something to go with!
S: Strawbs, nakd bar
D: might have to be a bit cheeky .... we will see!

xxxx

Yey to car day!!!! Have you got any plans to go anywhere once you get her or just have a little drive around? Enjoy :) xx

James is having first drive to his mum's but before we get there I'm having a little drive around an estate or I'll just want to leave his mum's haha. Then going to see his brother. And I'm driving home :) xxxx

Back