Jim's lazy Atkins diary

How's the foot doing Jim? Bet it wasn't rested with the grandchildren there ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning all,

Well no Cheryl, LOL, benjamin is crawling now and climbing everything in sight, I've renamed him from baby grunt to monkey boy

Foot is a lot better now Susie thanks, the two toes are still a bit bruised but not swollen anymore. I can walk to the pub but it hurts a bit, oddly it doesn't when I walk back. i wonder why :)

Hahahahaha I wonder what you'd call my "princess Roo". Calls herself that but will climb in anything as long as she's wearing a princess dress!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Morning all,

I went for a pee in the middle of the night Susie, misjudged where the end of the bed was and clouted the leg of the bed really hard in bare feet.

Cheryl, Olivia is like that, we had a really hard time persuading her not to wear a "princess dress" yesterday when we went to the science park, she sulked for a bit but honestly seeing some of the girls there it probably wouldn't have made any difference to all the running around and climbing.

Morning all, very windy here, just thinking of a nice quiet day at home today.

Hey darling how are you, I can't say I'm around here much anymore either love. how's little Isobel, not so little any more I suppose.

she is four jim. four!! she starts school in just over a week :( i am probably going to bawl... how's the family? :)

Morning all,

What a miserable bank holiday, endless rain and to top it all off the cricket on Monday was abandoned in Bristol, the only high point of the weekend was Warwickshire winning the T20 finals in Edgbaston on Saturday.

We're all fine Abz love, Olivia starts school as well, she's so excited about it. I can't believe where the years have gone.

Hi Abz - all my grandchildren are at school now x

Hi Jim - just back from a week in Cornwall, after having 11 nights in Ireland at the beginning of August. Not very good weather last week was it x

Hi Jim:wavey:

After a fabulous summer of food & wine, less so weather, I'm around and focusing on reducing my waistline. Wonder where I learnt that trick? :)

Hope all well
Xxx

Morning all,

Welcome back Gem, how was ireland love.

Hi katie, LOL yes it works for me love. I'm on strict atkins pre holiday at the moment, the more I can get under posted weight the less disastrous the holiday gain will be. We're off to Crete Thursday next week. i can't wait.

Crete sounds fab - enjoy:)

Ireland was brilliant Jim - mountains everywhere - and we met Clarri :) We have to go back. How is your foot Jim? x

Last edited:
Morning all,

We've never done Greece Katie, so we're looking forward to trying the greek islands for the next few years, I'm wondering how different to Cyprus it could be.

Ah the mountains of Morn gem, how lovely, and how nice to meet Clarri.

Toes are fine now, I do still get caught out a little if i walk too far though.

I have a funny little bump on the instep of my right foot which swells up every now and then. I thought it was a ganglion some years ago but when it really swelled and got really painful I went to the Doc and she sent me to A & E for an xray - it turned out that I had broken it sometime (possibly 10-20 years before) and it had mended not quite head on. The guy showed me the xray and it looked like one had laid over the other creating a small bump that could easily be agitated. I get some problems with it when I walk a long way and if it is playing up I can get problems anyway. The funny thing is that about a month before I found out I was trying to get my mate to hit it with a mug tree - thinking it was a ganglion and a thump being the usual treatment for one of those :rolleyes: thank goodness she couldn't bring herself to do it or I might have had more problems :eek:

Of course the mountains of mourne are in Northern Ireland Jim - the mountains we saw were on the Ring of Kerry and the Beare Peninsula in the South West. We were in County Cork, County Clare and County Kerry - breathtaking x

Last edited:
Morning all,

Sounds lovely Gem, i've never been there, just Dublin for a weekend break some years ago, bit NI was breathtaking in many ways

We have never been to NI but Southern Ireland was amazing x

Back