Joanie's back

Yeah I avoided the scales as what I was going through was enough I didn't want to add to the misery. Good luck too and you're welcome to chat anytime as I am the forums are quiet ATM.
I have noticed how quiet the forums are! I am now on day 3. I didn't sleep too well last night, my tummy was making strange noises, I convinced myself that I am going into ketosis. Not struggling at all so far, I think that is because I am so determined. Going out with the girls tonight for an early dinner and drinks. I texted them all last night telling them I am taking the car and I will be only having bottled water. I know my social life is causing my weight problem. I will have to change my way of life. Not too drastically though!!

Good girl, plenty of water today to avoid the hunger gurgles. I've been able to lie low so far but come September things will be different..

Had a brainwave, my scale plateau and indeed tiny gain has been since I started taking fibre. Already taken for today so will hold off the rest of the week to see what happens..

Had a brainwave, my scale plateau and indeed tiny gain has been since I started taking fibre. Already taken for today so will hold off the rest of the week to see what happens..
Hi JoanieK, great you realised. I have had no such problems, yet! I will keep that in mind as I think it is inevitable.

Hi JoanieK, great you realised. I have had no such problems, yet! I will keep that in mind as I think it is inevitable.

Aw thanks! How are you getting on Hun?

So my scales are teasing me this morning, flicking between 167.8 and 168 lol they always end on 168 so I'll be happy that means 1/2lb loss so far this week. Still hoping for the 3lb later in the week I've 4 days left and I'm staying off the fibre just to see.

I've another interview this afternoon at 2pm which I'm nervous for as I know the guy and shared an office with him for 2 years. He is nasty in interviews! Yikes.

Didn't get the other job but at least don't need to go for a meal with them so I can stay on track much better..

Always a silver lining

Totally, I believe you can always find something positive eventually. You choose to look at the glass half empty and negative thoughts spiral. If you train your brain to look for the positive life becomes simpler.

I see it on this diet getting too wound up about temporary gains or plateaus is the quickest route to seld destruct. Just keep reminding yourself I can, I will, I have..

Joanie u are amazing I ur mindset and determination I'm thrilled it's going so well for you x

Aw thanks it's not been too bad so far, my hurdles are ahead...

So scales moved I'm in the 11s I'm 167.2!! Still a long ways off this weeks goal don't think I'll get the 3.5 but if I can make 2.8 I can hit the 21lb mark which I really really want!

I downside I'm coming down with a cold, sneezing and runny nose this morning. The cold I can deal with but it's the effect on my immune system. I have to decide if I need to come off my immunosuppressive drugs to heal and regardless any bug causes my immune system to increase. Big downside is instead of attacking the cold it attacks my body :boxing: yuck

Fantastic JoanieK - the weight is falling off you! Very inspiring. Bummer on the cold - hope u feel better (hugs)

Aw thanks, some days it feels like that- then I see a mirror and remember there's a bucket load still needs to fall off lol

You are doing great - i find it's hard to be patient - ie I havedecidedtodothis so can I see the end result straightaway lol

You are doing great - i find it's hard to be patient - ie I havedecidedtodothis so can I see the end result straightaway lol

Omg I know I'm so impatient to get there, I'm nearly ready to put on smaller sizes then remember I'm not there yet lol I feel like 3 weeks no food should merit already being under 10 St :rotflmao:

Heehee yip yip - day with no food should realistically end with a full stone in weightloss! Ah bless if only it worked so quickly - still and all it's faster than all the rest if I can just stick to it!

You can and you will! That will be your mantra!

Aw thanks! How are you getting on Hun?
Hi JoanieK, I'm doing great, day 5 over with, not struggling at all. Not sleeping well, I have so much energy which is totally surprising to me. Keeping myself busy around the house. I don't think I'll feel any different over the weekend! I have plans to clear my wardrobe. I am only going to keep my best stuff, hey in for a penny.....
Determination is a wonderful thing, I am feeling high, long may it last! I so hope I do not come down with a massive bump.
I hope you are feeling better. x

Hi JoanieK, I'm doing great, day 5 over with, not struggling at all. Not sleeping well, I have so much energy which is totally surprising to me. Keeping myself busy around the house. I don't think I'll feel any different over the weekend! I have plans to clear my wardrobe. I am only going to keep my best stuff, hey in for a penny.....
Determination is a wonderful thing, I am feeling high, long may it last! I so hope I do not come down with a massive bump.
I hope you are feeling better. x

Great yeah it can be surprising the energy you can have and honestly hon the positivity can stay it's all about positive mental attitude! You have a great one and it's important to focus on the good and what you've achieved rather than let things turn your mindset negative. This has reminded that one of the big lessons I had was eating right wasn't a punishment if eating poorly was a treat.

I got rid of all my clothes first time, my issue is I have a couple of dresses that I can fit in at 10 St and 13 St but I love them however they give me the room to gain I may have to get rid of some of them. Gonna try on a couple my smaller outfits today for our wee trip.

So checked in today and I think I might have been right about the fibre as I'm 166.2lbs today! .4lb away from the 21lb mark, really would love that tomorrow for heading off especially as I'll miss my Monday weigh in being away...

Still feeling a little snuffly but it's not a bad cold at all thank goodness. However pretty stiff and sore this morning so the wee friggers are clearly on the warpath. Oh well

Back