Joanie's back

So checked in today and I think I might have been right about the fibre as I'm 166.2lbs today! .4lb away from the 21lb mark, really would love that tomorrow for heading off especially as I'll miss my Monday weigh in being away...

Still feeling a little snuffly but it's not a bad cold at all thank goodness. However pretty stiff and sore this morning so the wee friggers are clearly on the warpath. Oh well
JoanieK, I was reading today on Pinterest that your symptoms can be the cause of being in ketosis! x

Aw thanks Hun but bar the coldish symptoms the rest is down to my autoimmune :(

So scales moved I'm in the 11s I'm 167.2!! Still a long ways off this weeks goal don't think I'll get the 3.5 but if I can make 2.8 I can hit the 21lb mark which I really really want!

I downside I'm coming down with a cold, sneezing and runny nose this morning. The cold I can deal with but it's the effect on my immune system. I have to decide if I need to come off my immunosuppressive drugs to heal and regardless any bug causes my immune system to increase. Big downside is instead of attacking the cold it attacks my body :boxing: yuck
Well done! I'm getting a cold too, get well soon! Bet you're well pleased with your progress and being in the 11's!

Well done! I'm getting a cold too, get well soon! Bet you're well pleased with your progress and being in the 11's!

That's awful Hun mine seems to have shifted this evening so hopefully yours is short lived! How are you getting on today? Bet it's been nice having your mum back..

Aw thanks Hun but bar the coldish symptoms the rest is down to my autoimmune :(
Soz Hun, though what I read would make you feel better! Weigh in Monday, shoot, getting nervous, if I am not happy! I don't know how I will handle it! Have a look on Pinterest, do a search on Ketosis, very, very, interesting.
That is where to find maintenance plans for the future. I have saved so many pins. Sleep Well x

Soz Hun, though what I read would make you feel better! Weigh in Monday, shoot, getting nervous, if I am not happy! I don't know how I will handle it! Have a look on Pinterest, do a search on Ketosis, very, very, interesting.
That is where to find maintenance plans for the future. I have saved so many pins. Sleep Well x

Not at all it did it was very sweet of you and I never thought of that as a resource. I like the GI plan and have been checking out the body coach for inspiration.

Don't be nervous you've been 100% and you have a great mindset so you will do brilliantly! Monday is normally my weigh in day but I'm in the back end of Donegal so no 4g or wi fi in the house. I'll check in tomorrow evening and see how you get on but I know you'll do great!!!!

Check in today was 165.8 so 21lbs gone exactly!!!

Well done :0clapper:

Well done missus!! Onwards and downwards!!

So just to update I had my Donegal break but best laid plans and all that! I had my bag mostly packed sat morning as my friend and her boys were coming up to spend the day and night and once they left on Sunday I'd have to get my little one ready for the long journey and the car packed. I had my shake and soups packed, knew I'd need 4 so was all organised: what I didn't know was my little one took all but the 1 soup she didn't see out of my bag and put it in the cupboard so after a long journey and the dog show in letterkenny we headed up to the house and I decided to have a soup and discovered the problem. With no signal couldn't even find out if I could get any locally on the Monday so had to make a call that evening. So I had 2 mini chicken fillets and 2 slices of ham skewered so it looked like more to others and saved the soup for Monday. It was a good call as my totm arrived a few days early overnight and we had an active day Monday no way would I have gotten away with it as we were only home by 8pm yesterday.

I honestly don't see it as a blip as it was a decision and not a will power thing and any other decision would have been dangerous as my husband doesn't drive and the journey was windy mountain roads. I had already decided not to weigh in at pharmacy tues and use sat weight as got my mixes sat morning.

However I've lost .4lb since sat which I'm delighted with as the week of totm I lose very slowly-has been known to be 1.5lbs or under :confused:

however target for this week is 3lb to 162.8 however I will be happy with 2lb as it should balance out the next week and I aim to be in the 150s the weigh in after.

That's brilliant. And totally agree, it's not a slip, you had a situation and you base the absolute best choices you could have made. Think what you could have done. And congratulations on the loss. Absolutely fantastic. Xx

That's brilliant. And totally agree, it's not a slip, you had a situation and you base the absolute best choices you could have made. Think what you could have done. And congratulations on the loss. Absolutely fantastic. Xx

Thanks missus I'm delighted and a little proud as well of making the decision and ensuring it wouldn't hurt my ketosis. Can't believe I'm in week 4 I'm really noticing changes in my body and no longer feel so fat. I now am feeling a little bigger than average and know that in a stone I'll be feeling average which I'm oddlt excited about!

How are you getting on anyway doll? How was the festival?

Festival was brilliant. Took the kids as it was very family friendly and they loved it so going back next year but going to try camping. I'm doing ok. I think I'm in my stride now. 34lb gone (32 in 6 weeks on LT) so I'm happy. Taking the good and the bad days as they come as they are going to come regardless but just need to crack on with it.
You're doing brilliant. That stone will be gone in no time. Xx

Aw glad you enjoyed it, now you've refed what plan are you following?

You are so right on taking each day, Lt is great for learning that lesson. I'm impatient at the moment to get to refeed as that's where I believe the hard work starts lol

I'm still on 100% Hun, not really thought about refeed yet. I want to get much closer to my overall target so looking at maybe mid October. Just taking it week by week at the moment and I don't know where it's coming from but for now it's feeling ok.
I agree, the refeed and maintenance is the part that I thinks the hardest. I dont care what anyone says, the weight doesn't just magically go back on, but it does is you eat too much. Simple. It a hard hard diet and it certainly isn't a miracle solution. You only get the good results if you put in the hard work. And it is bloody hard.

Why did I think you had refeed to go away? Doh!

How much do you aim to lose before refeed or is that something you're taking as it comes? I aim for 21 more lbs then the remainder refeed.

I do think you can only take it like that, there where a few people on here before and I can't remember if it was deezer but one used to always tell us it's day by day otherwise it can be too much to take in.

I have to admit you never appear to have bad days but it must just be your sunny wee personality!

So checked in this morning as felt bloated, my flare is actually a touch of man flu ( doc told brother it's going round and affects men worse, hubby and 3 other men I know have it so praying I only get a touch as with my tablets real flu can be very dangerous for me yikes and jabs aren't available yet).

Anyhow down to 164.4lb absolutely delighted as totm is normally slow and since sat I've lost 1.4lb so def on target to get the minimum 2lb and possible 3lb. I'm going to try and figure out what to wear now that fits for wee ones first day at Naiscoil tomorrow!

I'm having a planed couple of days off mid September then straight back on it. My ultimate aim is to get into my healthy BMI range that's 11.6 for me. I then want to lose another 8lb which was the water weight I lost when I started which I expect will naturally go back on aver a couple of weeks refeed then maintenance so ideally start refeed at 10.12 (I think!!) after that it will be 5:2 for me.

I have bad days, lots of them. I have moody days, days I cry for no reason, days I think about food non stop but I try and keep them to myself. Maybe it's because I've been here before but I know it's an inevitable part of this diet. I'm really surprised you think that as I'm really a miserable cow!!! I actually think you are the shiny happy forum person!!!

Just realised I've hijacked your post sorry!!! And I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a speedy recovery. Look after yourself. Xxx

Back