Joes sausages

Never come across this before!! How rude!

She probably doesnt want you to look at forums etc because you might find that you will use this forum for advice and help instead of paying for her class.

But if thats the way she treats people who are only trying to help others, then I would find another C.

Never come across this before!! How rude!

She probably doesnt want you to look at forums etc because you might find that you will use this forum for advice and help instead of paying for her class.

But if thats the way she treats people who are only trying to help others, then I would find another C.

Hi,

Never thought of that!! How very true! I think the advice I was trying to give my accurate and factual and thought my group should know. I did walk out thinking I wish i had not spoke. See what happens, if she makes me look an idiot again or talks down to me I'm gone! x

Personally I would complain about her attitude! There is no need to be rude especially when Joes are SW endorsed.

I've not tried these yet - really want to order some stuff but the delivery is expensive and I can't even do a bulk order as we only have a small freezer section in our fridge freezer :(

Looking at moving soon and have alreaduy told OH that on my list of necessities is space for a large fridge freezer or a seperate chest freezer. Once I have enough space I am going to fill it with a big Joes order.

Don't go to class either so can't even see if anyone wants to do a bulk order with me :(

I think that's terrible of her, and personally I think it's just her, and not all C's. When i got my first order, I told my C, and we talked for about 5 mins about them, she said she'd never tried them but heard good things and might give them a go.

I think if my C was that curt with me over a SW endorsed product I'd be looking for another class.

Ohh i have just found Joes website, i know it says they are all syn free, but is this on a green day too?

Im gonna place a huge order, i cant believe you can get this sort of stuff and still loose weight!!

My consultant has just made a bulk order for our group so we don't have to pay delivery - unfortunately I missed out...but next time!!!

I had another delivery of stuff for our group last week and it arrived at 9am, brilliant! When you order you can put details of where to leave them in the garden under a tree or something. My front door is on the pavement so not much use to me but if you're out all day they'd be fine as they're well packed in a polystyrene (sp) box with lots of ice packs. I ended up having to collect my first order because they'd returned it to the depot when they apparently tried to deliver (liars!) but they were fine and still lovely and cold.

They do seem expensive but then we're paying for real meat not cheap ones from the supermarket filled with all sorts of rubbish. Well worth it I think though I try and keep it for special occasions so the order lasts longer. If you fancy putting an order in I'd ask in group if anyone wants to share. Free delivery when you order 16 packs.

I've just ordered my second lot of stuff from them, I think I got near enough one of everything! But I've yet to try something of theirs that hasn't tasted wonderful! I got extras of the marinaded meats because they are so lush:)

Hi there!
How many syns are in the marinated meats? I fancy ordering some with my gorg sausages and burgers, but it doesn't state the syn value!
Anybody know?????
Thanx in advance!

From Joe's website:

"For those of you who are members of Slimming World™ the great news is our sausages, burgers, grill sticks and marinated meats have been certified as Syn Free."

So the marinated meats are syn free :)

Hi All,

After hearing everyone rave about Joe's Sausages and the fact he is SW approved and they are syn free I thought I would share with my group. Our group C was discussing Morrisons Sausages being 1/2 syn each. I then asked if anyone had heard of Joe's. The C said that SW are do not promote external companies and we will not discuss Joe's Sausages in this class. That told me!! I replied with but they are SW approved/certified, what's the point of people paying to get accredited if this is your attitude towards them? syn free so whats your issue? She would not explain.....???? I thought SW was about sharing info etc. I basically replied with you have contradicted yourself because tonight alone you have promoted Asda, Morrisons, Tesco etc with all the packets of food she had out. Are any of these SW certified products!! NO!! I really don't know what I did wrong. Joe's have gone to the effort of getting SW approval, syn free for all us SW people and my consultant nearly bit my head off! She said I am not welcome to promote or discuss this! Anyone comes across this before. I was furious, got my point across and several friends asked me for the web address. I told her when i find something out like this I will not share with my group because clearly my info is not welcome! She also warned me off forums, people will intentionally sabotage you!! I have membership and food directories and would never take any info as gospel without checkin gin any case. Were all here for the same reason.

I think my C maybe clashes with me. I thought she would be proud of me as a member. 9 weeks in, never not lost, never maintained, bought loads of books etc. Think i might change class to somewhere where my opinions and info might be appreciated. Just curious if anyone else has ever come across this?

What a dreadful attitude! My C really enthuses over Joe's sausages. She has a leaflet with their prices and every few weeks she mentions them & asks if anyone else has tried their stuff.

My local butcher is syn free and certified and our consultant RAVES about him and how great the food is. She is right too! It is great. I have NO idea why that particular C was on her high horse but people like Joes pay a great deal of money to get that certification (something around £1500 a year according to my C).

Seriously, I would be MEGA peeved at my C for acting that way. Much of our image therapy revolves around products that have recently been syn evaluated, and a big chunk of the SW syn section of the site is dedicated to branded products that have been evaluated, in order to make OUR plan easier to follow! Are we to believe that SW only post products on their site that the manufacturers have paid for to have evaluated? I guess that would explain why they have massive gaps in their manufacturer listings!

Good Morning Everyone

My order has just arrived from Joes Sausages, aroma is devine anyone else tried them? I place an order every couple of weeks for my SW group they have gone down a storm! :):grouphugg:

Yep, I get them once a month (HUGE order..lol). I've tried almost everything they have. :)

Back