Johnson up day down day diet!

Good luck for tomorrow SM .... remember, with JUDDD you only have to think three meals ahead. You'll be dieting strictly for just three meals - a do-able prospect.

I'm going to try and drag my lazy butt to the gym tomorrow as I'm on an UP day and so will have some fuel to burn :)

Since I have been having up & down weeks I have decided to give this a whirl. Tomorrow will tactically be an up day as Thursday is my Mum's birthday with restaurant meal & Saturday more people are over as it's her 65th.

Let's see how this goes...

Feels a bit weird starting on an up day but there you go... Will update my ticker in the morning!

Since I have been having up & down weeks I have decided to give this a whirl. Tomorrow will tactically be an up day as Thursday is my Mum's birthday with restaurant meal & Saturday more people are over as it's her 65th.

Let's see how this goes...

Feels a bit weird starting on an up day but there you go... Will update my ticker in the morning!

Think I'll be starting on an Up Day tomorrow as well - am seeing family this weekend and as I am on the painkillers they were looking forward to me eating with them.

So better weigh in tomorrow and see how it goes! :cool:

Best of luck Juddders :)

Thanks Karion - welcome aboard all new JUDDERS, how fantastic that there is a little fleet of us giving it a go. This should give us a good balanced view on whether this really works. Had my first down day yesterday, no probs, was very hungry in the evening so had a cup of tea and 1 biscuit which too my DD cals to 520. I am very chuffed with that. Got on the scales this morning( I know I shouldn't have and I will try not to again till next Monday) and have lost 2.5lbs!!!

WooHoo!

Good luck everyone, I am on an up day today and just feel really happy. I know we can all do this, it makes sense!!!!

Love Barb xx

Hi Barb
Well done on completing your first 'down' day yesterday. I have to confess that I found it pretty easy - that's what sole sourcing is all about! :)

Today is going to be more of a challenge as I try to utilise 'food' in a sensible way.

Good luck to you and all the new JUDDERS :D

There are so many of us doing this now feels like the new craze in the schoolground, remember the Rubiks cube!

I'm starting with a down day today. Mizzy isn't joining me yet as he was looking forward to his porridge too much this morning.

Hoping this may be the answer for us. Trimming the weight down and learning to eat well and with control.

Too much to ask? We'll soon see won't we?
Aren't we meant to live longer too!!!

Dizzy x

YES, the benefits are much more than just weight related. The diet has shown real benefit to asthma sufferers, people with allergies and arthritis and also promotes longevity! That is enough in itself for meand the weight loss looks very promising too!
C'mon you JUDDDERS - lets do it!!!!

Love

Right, i'm joining in too! I am slightly altering the system though, as i dont trust myself on an UD with free reign! I am limiting myself to Atkins food only. I will do Cd Mon, Wed, Fri daytime, Sunday if i am not invited out anywhere for food. Atkins Tues, Thurs, Fri eve, Sat, and Sun if invited out.

Opinions appreciated!!

Cheers,

Bex xxx

Okay Bex, you asked for it! I think you need to be careful taht you eat enough on your UD and if you stick with atkins food you may not consume enough cals. If that happens your body could go into starvation mode and you won't lose any weight. I think if you are going to give this diet a bash, then you have to stick as close to the rules you can. I know you are worried that you will eat too much on your UD but you are supposed to enjoy it you know! I am on my UD and it is so weird, I have no desire to overeat, have enjoyed what i've had though and tonight we are going out for dinner and I am not stressing over what to have. I call that a treat!

Love

There are so many of us doing this now feels like the new craze in the schoolground, remember the Rubiks cube!

I've started something here haven't I mentioning this diet;)

They say you can eat up to 80% more than your maintenance calories, but I guess you need to experiment.

You do need to eat well and feel satisfied, so that you keep your metabolism up. That's one of the other benefits. The body 's metabolism doesn't slow because it takes more than a day to 'catch on'.

Okay Bex, you asked for it! I think you need to be careful taht you eat enough on your UD and if you stick with atkins food you may not consume enough cals. If that happens your body could go into starvation mode and you won't lose any weight. I think if you are going to give this diet a bash, then you have to stick as close to the rules you can. I know you are worried that you will eat too much on your UD but you are supposed to enjoy it you know! I am on my UD and it is so weird, I have no desire to overeat, have enjoyed what i've had though and tonight we are going out for dinner and I am not stressing over what to have. I call that a treat!

Love

Ok Barb, I take on what you are saying! I will give it a go eating what i fancy, but i am very nervous about it! Enjoy your meal out tonight!xx

I fully understand your fears Bex ... as a 'hardened' CDer I'm finding it hard to get my head around the possibility of eating and losing weight. I also don't trust my own body.

Today, I'm on an UP day. So far, I've had a bowl of porrige oats with a dessertspoon of mixed fruit & nuts and a drizzle of honey. Carb central!

Then I went to the gym ...

For lunch, I've had a small tin of tuna in brine, a large leafy salad with a dessertspoon of mayo, 2 ryvita dark rye biscuits and a pear.

A few minutes ago I had a coffee and a CD peanut bar.

I'm chewing my nails nervously having consumed what I'd normally consider 'binge proportion' food but I'm going to give this a good go and that means eating a few 'healthy' carbs. The acid test will be next Monday when I step on my scales for the official weigh-in.

Today is an up day for me too, i have had a cd bar, chicken salad, half a choc tetra, some strawberries and cream. Later i will have a prawn salad, sugar free jelly and cream again!:eek:

Tomorrow will be a down day for me, i will stick to 500 cals using cd.

My start weight is 209lb (14st 13lb). Similar to you RD!
:devilangel: I think this smilie should be our official mascot!

Good luck all Juddders!

It's not for me at the mo, but if you all do well then I might join you :D

I reckoin it's got a good chance of being pretty good. When I first started CD790 I had 4 fab days then had 2 days of Pizza and Toast (not the same as JUDDD, but nearly!). At the end of the 6 days I'd lost 7lb.

Can't wait to hear your losses.

I think that's really cool Bex! LOL

I'm on my DOWN day tomorrow too and will be back to the CD packs. Its a bit like nervously 'wandering away from home' on an UP day then running back to safety on a DOWN day! :D

I'm sure I'll get used to it and if I lose a few pounds then this will definitely be the way for me I think. I must say I'm really enjoying the food and although I'm not quite used to having it three times a day and am 'allowed' to have whatever I fancy, I'm certainly not tempted to go on a mad eating frenzy. Maybe now the fruit's not forbidden, I don't actually want it! So far, so good ....

I had my first down day yesterday, I consumed a fair bit of chicken and salad, some ham and a couple of prawns, and my calories were around 450, about 20 (!) more than I should have had! Today, my first 'up' day has actually been harder, I've made a gorgeous pea and leek soup and consumer a fair old vat of that, along with a ham sandwich and some chicken, I really am struggling to get my head round consuming about 1700 calories, I've only got about 600 left, but I feel like I've eaten loads already. Tomorrow, my down day, I'm going to try and stick with my LL packs rather than food, but won't beat myself up too much if I end up eating some protein and salad as in day 1. I did feel hungry towards the evening but knowing I could have what I wanted (within reason) when I woke up really helped. And I'd lost 2lbs this morning, of course I'm now caught up in the trap of being terrified that I'll have put them on again after eating what amounts to a 'normal' dieters weight loss calorie amount, if that makes sense :)
kate

.... of course I'm now caught up in the trap of being terrified that I'll have put them on again after eating what amounts to a 'normal' dieters weight loss calorie amount, if that makes sense :)
kate

I know EXACTLY where you're coming from! :sigh:

It's insane isn't it? I lost over a stone in a month doing 'Curves' diet that was 1600 calories a day (although in fairness it was 1200 for 2 weeks previous to that-I lost a total of 1.5 stones in the 6 weeks, but like I said, a stone of it was when i was consuming 1600 calories) And apart from having 2(!) slices of bread today, i'm eating pretty much what the Curves diet prescribes. All this dieting screws up up your brain!
kate

Back