Jon Stead Weight Loss Diary

You've done so well,keep it up x

Day 15 and 15.lbs gone. Weather has been good the last few days but it is a little rough today. Hard to get an accurate reading on the scales so had to take an average value.
It's Chinese New Year as well so there are a few onboard who are a bit sad that they aren't at home with their families. Same as us being away for Christmas I guess.
Anyway only 10 days until I travel home, single figures tomorrow.

Day 16 and 16lbs lost with 9 days before I travel home - hopefully another 9lbs gone by the time I arrive home.

No pontoon stairs today, been crawling around tanks which is not easy at my size. Still it will be getting easier I hope each day!

Still enjoying, is that the right word, the strawberry shakes. I look forward to them and they taste the same now as they did at the start. There will be different flavours available to me when I get home so I am quite looking forward to reacquainting myself with vanilla and chicken soup and savouring the delights of chocolate for the first time.

Day 17 - 17.1 lbs lost but not feeling so good. Stomach is upset and feeling a little dizzy, quite cold as well - is this normal?

No pontoon steps today, no energy, standing up is tiring, let alone walking up 182 steps.

8 days until I leave here, 9 days until I get home.

Day 17 - 17.1 lbs lost but not feeling so good. Stomach is upset and feeling a little dizzy, quite cold as well - is this normal?

No pontoon steps today, no energy, standing up is tiring, let alone walking up 182 steps.

8 days until I leave here, 9 days until I get home.

Day 18 and 18.2 lbs gone - feel a lot better today after yesterday's feeling of unwellness. 7 days until I leave here and tomorrow I am into the "no mores"!

You are doing so well... a 1lb a day loss is brilliant...well done. Not be long till your home, must be hard away from home for such long stretches... wife wont know you! lol :D

^^ S'true n'all. She'll walk passed me at the airport. I'll recognise her though!

Hee hee hee.... does she know your on this diet then? Guessing not? she will be soo surprised :D

^^^ Yes my wife knows I am doing the diet and I know she will be very supportive when I get home.

Day 19 - no drop in weight, gutted! :cry: Maybe it's because these last two days I haven't done the pontoon steps? Anyway I did them again today and will continue to do them until I leave here on Thursday - 6 days left! AND NO MORE FRIDAYS, for this trip anyway! :)

Hi Jon - it is normal to feel cold. I found just before Christmas I couldn't get warm. Don't worry about not loosing every day. You will find day's when you stand still. It's best to only weigh once a week if you can. It's less demoralising. You are doing so well - you're wife will be so proud of you.

^ Thanks HN - is it true that your body can reach a plateau and then adjust itself and then start losing again?

Day 20 - another day with no weight loss. Could be that three days ago I had an inaccurate weighing due to some movement on the vessel. It is hard to get accurate weights on a moving deck. Anyway feeling good, apart from the apparent lack of weight loss, and continued with the dreaded pontoon steps.

Now "no more" Saturday and only 5 days left until I am homeward bound.

Day 21 and 19lbs lost. No steps today, paperwork, but only 4 days left until I'm outta here! No more Sundays either.

Day 22 was yesterday and never got a chance to write this up. Can't remember my weight yesterday but today (Day 23) I have lost 19.9 lbs. Very busy onboard here this week with surveys and the like. Still, only 3 days left, well 2 as you can't count today. (Once you are up and out of bed it doesn't count, does it?).

Wednesday will be last full day and then start to travel home on Thursday via Shanghai and Amsterdam. COME ON!

Aww well done hunni x bet you cant wait to get home now and i bet your wife will see a difference in you! x

^^ Thanks

Day 24 and 21.1 lbs gone - wow! Feeling great as well. Last full day onboard today. Start heading home tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for your support this last three weeks. It certainly helps posting on here and tracking the weight coming off is a great incentive.

^^ Yes my plan is to keep on TFR until 9th Feb then refeed, maintenance for the remainder of my leave, then depending upon how I feel, TFR again when I come back here for another four weeks. See how it goes.

Back