Jon Stead Weight Loss Diary

Hi, well done so far... have you thought about going straight through now and NOT stopping to do a re~feed? Is there a reason why your planning on doing this? as I know from experience its very hard to get back onto 100% TFR afterwards... (not impossible just hard) Just offering some advice from soneone who has experienced it... :D
L xx

Day 25 and I'm up and ready and waiting on the helicopter. Haven't bothered with weighing today as I am not that interested. I am still 100% though and will remain so whilst travelling. It will be difficult though as when we hit "the beach" (offshore term for Town/land) we always go to a hotel before flying home and naturally copious amounts of beer are drunk.

I will refrain and stick to water. I will have a shake before I leave here, tghen one tonight in Shanghai before boarding the plane home, then another one tomorrow morning when I get to Amsterdam. Should work out OK.

See you all in Europe in 32 hours!

Safe journey home Jon.

^ Thanks - made it to Shanghai Airport. Another 2 hours and I'll be off to Amsterdam. Get there about 5 in the morning and back to Newcastle about 9 o'clock Friday morning.

Home! I know it's a different set of scales but I am now 254 lbs, which is 26 lb lost!

Well done John.
Glad you got home safely.
How you going to manage to keep it off whilst you're home?

dusty

Home! I know it's a different set of scales but I am now 254 lbs, which is 26 lb lost!

Well done - I bet your wife is pleased for you. Keep up the good work.

^Thanks, yes she is. Started refeeding yesterday. Had some chicken and brown rice last night. Had a shake this morning and will be having chicken with some green veg for lunch, some fish tonight.

Got weighed this morning and another couple of pounds off from Friday. BMI just over 36 at the moment. Pleased with that as I believe that is a magic number when it comes to Offshore Medicals.

Hi John,
well done on your fantastic loss....:D Regarding re~feed AGAIN (sorry to go on) but your not meant to have rice or potatoes till day 4 I think.. as eating those type of carbs straight away will have the effect of your body being like a sponge, soaking up water weight again.... its a shock to your system you see.... hence the gradual introduction and then only small amounts..
Read up on the thread about re~feed and stick to it. Best if you do as then you wont potentially sabotage your own weight loss and gain... Not saying you will gain ( some don`t, some do)...Just some friendly advice about sticking to the plan. Best to do it to the letter to avoid any downfalls...
Once again well bloomin done though... amazing loss :D:D
L xx

^thanks I did read the refeed "sticky" and it said rice was ok on Day 1 of refeed. I thought it was strange. Must be a typo or something. There is way too much explanation and not enough, eat this or this or this advice.

"You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber cress and watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, bean sprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar, it is quite special), or if you prefer, a moderate serving ( 2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables. You may have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4. Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems). You can have milk in tea/coffee."

The above is taken from the Refeed Sticky section and it clearly states that bread and rice are OK up to Day 4. I suppose this is a mistake and should say "You may NOT have bread rice etc"?

Confused? I know I am!

Hi yes its a mis quote... should read May Not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until day 4.... maybe Mini could clear it up and edit the sticky.....shes one of the forum moderators Hope that helps Jon :D
"You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber cress and watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, bean sprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar, it is quite special), or if you prefer, a moderate serving ( 2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables. You may have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4. Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems). You can have milk in tea/coffee."

The above is taken from the Refeed Sticky section and it clearly states that bread and rice are OK up to Day 4. I suppose this is a mistake and should say "You may NOT have bread rice etc"?

Confused? I know I am!

Hi Jon
I`ve notified Mini and she is going to edit the sticky..
Lou xx

Well hello one and all!

I am back at work, offshore in China and have come armed with shed loads of Lipotrim TFR strawberry, chocolate and a few chicken soups, so that's me for the next four weeks.

I did the refeed, not very well, last time at home and started to eat "normally" again. I put on about 4kg but I am confident that I can get that off and more, during this trip.

And of course I will need to restart the dreaded pontoon steps!!!!

Great to see you back!

You'll soon have the gained weight off and more besides!
Hi there - yes I expect so. I am a little concerned about how easy or hard it will be this time. Last time, first time, it was straightforward and relatively easy, but I have heard to go back on TFR is more difficult.

The problem I have at the moment is that I am sad at having just come away and jet lagged. Hopefully I can handle that as well as the TFR - we shall see!

I had four days of last week, and was worried about how I'd get back on TFR. When you read the problmes some posters have had getting back 100% it can be concerning.

What I did was to go back and read my first posts to remind myself od why I'm doing this and how I overcame the first week of TFR. That really helped me to refocus and I've been ok up to now :)

good luck

keep up the good work! men are definitely outnumbered here, its a change from the fishing forum, we have 1800 members and less than ten ladies!

On to Day 10 of my second campaign and I am feeling good. I put a few kilos on when I was refeeding but have lost that now and I'm back in the right direction towards my 1st April goal.

I have another 17 days to go and 29 lbs still to lose - funnily enough I have lost a total of 29lbs since I first started in January, today.

So 17 days, 29 lbs means 1.7 lbs per day or 12 lbs per week, I doubt I can do that but there's no doubt I will be close come April Fools's Day!

My daughter has just been selected to represent GB in the World Acro Gymnastic Competition being held in Florida, middle of April, so my wife and I will be heading over there to watch her compete and I will be as fit as she is by then!!!!!!!!

Good luck and heaps of support to everybody on this Forum who is in the process of losing weigh and improving their quality of life immensely.

Haven't posted on here for a while but the latest news is that my daughter just won the British Championships at the weekend and I was still over here in China on Lipotrim!

Anyway immensely proud of her and I am going home in two days time. I will arrive home this Friday, if all goes according to plan, and I have lost 22 pound over the last four weeks which sees my BMI down to 34.7.

I am feeling great!

Back