JULY NEW STARTERS - Welcome to LL

Week 4

Congrats Mini!

I'm just starting week 4 today, last night was my 3rd weight loss, another 4lbs. That's 17 in 3 weeks! Totally loving LL, every difficult moment is completely eclipsed by the eleation of the weight loss!

Well done everyone & keep going!

Munch.xx

lighter life first meeting tomoro

Hi im off to my first meeting tomorow, wot do i expect? will they accept me on the diet im anxcious got just about 3 stone to lose.
:eek:

Hi Juney

The criteria is a bmi of 29 or over and a signed doctors form. As long as the doctor hasn't indicated any contra-indications (ticked yes on any of those boxes) then I can't see you having a problem. Even if he has ticked yes, don't think it's a definate "no", depends on what the medical history is. Good luck, don't forget to come back and tell us how it went.

Munch.x

Hi Gals,

I have an appointment to see a counsellor on Monday - I must admit that I was a bit nervous about it all until reading all of your threads!
This certainly seems to work, so I'm going to go to my appointment and get on with it.

I just wanted to ask - has anyone had any problems with saggy skin (nice subject I know!) after losing their weight? My boyfriend likes to mention this to me on a daily basis, although I think he is a little wary that I may run off with the milkman if I lose weight! Just felt that I needed to ask the question - surely if there is an excercise routine in place then I should be toning as well as losing?

Anyway, I won't harp on all day - just wanted your opinions and to say hello......there'll be plenty of time to harp on in the months to come!!

Paula xx

Hi I joined lighter life on monday, i have lapsed allready having a piece of toast, i hadnt had any food packs since tues lunch time, they make me feel ill, and the thought of having them makes me wanna be sick!! does anyone have any advice?? please

Hi I joined lighter life on monday, i have lapsed allready having a piece of toast, i hadnt had any food packs since tues lunch time, they make me feel ill, and the thought of having them makes me wanna be sick!! does anyone have any advice?? please

Hi there,

I have just finished my second week of LL. What food packs have you had? I do not like the shakes and have the soups. In the morning I make myself a muffin from one of the shake packs and then have 2 soups and a bar (allowed from week 2). Could you possibly have an intolerance to any of the ingredients? What have you eaten since Tuesday? It does get easier after the first few days. Once you get into Ketosis your hunger dies down and you start to feel really great. I have already lost a stone in weight and all my clothes are baggy and I can now even fit into clothes which did not fit 2 weeks ago. I think you should give your counsellor a call and discuss things.

Hope this helps,

Mandy.

hello, i am part way through week 5, it does get a lot easier and the hunger will pass. once you get into wk three you should be well on your way. i agree if your having problems with the food packs then check in with your cllr they should give you some advice. just think, if you can carry on how much better you will feel and look like. if you keep coming out of ketosis then your make yourself feel crap.

i really hope you can work it out x

LL Food Issues

Dear emmadryhurst :wavey:,

Have you considered that you might have an intolerance to lactose? Some of the other ladies have experienced issues with the food packets because of the milk content. If so, you could try taking the enzyme that helps with digestion. :hug99:

Also, you really do need to stay abstinent from food and consume 4 of the sachets a day, plus the water in order to get yourself into ketosis. Otherwise, you will never get over "the hump" -- the physical parts gets easier and easier each day -- the psychological issues (more me anyway) vary with situations and exposure to "triggers". Once you are in ketosis is should get better. :party0049:

The first week and since then, I found that the water flavouring (I used the Fruit one) really helped me with the water consumption and the craving for something sweet; and this week (Week 3 -- I have already lost a stone, I think) I used a savoury water packet. You can have up to two of those a day. The savoury helped with an evening hunger pang. And, I did feel physical hunger -- I had gone out for the day and did a lot of lot of walking and on so few calories my body was asking for more. But, the savoury flavouring really helped. :scale:

Please try to get back on the programme -- you wouldn't have chosen LL if you weren't really wanting to lose the weight. Give yourself a chance to make it happen. It does work -- read Blonde Logic's :superwoman: entries -- if she can do it, and she has -- I think we can, too. :queen:

MinnieMel

Week 4

Congrats Mini!

I'm just starting week 4 today, last night was my 3rd weight loss, another 4lbs. That's 17 in 3 weeks! Totally loving LL, every difficult moment is completely eclipsed by the eleation of the weight loss!

Well done everyone & keep going!

Munch.xx

Hello Munch!

You are more than third of the way to your goal! Amazing -- well done!
:party0019:
MinnieMel

Loose Skin

Hi Gals,

I have an appointment to see a counsellor on Monday - I must admit that I was a bit nervous about it all until reading all of your threads!
This certainly seems to work, so I'm going to go to my appointment and get on with it.

I just wanted to ask - has anyone had any problems with saggy skin (nice subject I know!) after losing their weight? My boyfriend likes to mention this to me on a daily basis, although I think he is a little wary that I may run off with the milkman if I lose weight! Just felt that I needed to ask the question - surely if there is an excercise routine in place then I should be toning as well as losing?

Anyway, I won't harp on all day - just wanted your opinions and to say hello......there'll be plenty of time to harp on in the months to come!!

Paula xx

Dear Paula, :wavey:

There are some other threads on minimins that discuss the loose skin, as well as, surgery after weight loss, etc. You could read over those and you might find some of the anwers you are seeking.

What I learned from reading them -- that I think is helpful to me -- is if you do the Pilates and other toning exercises as you are losing the weight, it will help somewhat with this issue. :character00115:

However, if you are going to lose a lot of weight and your skin is not very elastic (or you have been heavy for many years) you may have issues. :argh: However, sagging skin is not a leading cause of premature death nor usually physically debilitating adn being overweight certainly is these things. And, if you cannot get assistance through the NHS to remove the excess skin (as some people have! :happy036:) -- then it could be your next big goal (saving for surgery -- I am expecting to pay for a tummy tuck... even if I had not gained so much weight having a 10 pound baby really did a number on my tummy! She was worth it :princess:).

And as momma would always say, "Don't borrow trouble." I know that I will deal with the loose skin -- once I actually have some. :bliss:

MinnieMel

Thanks MinnieMel, I understand that I'm not going to die of saggy skin, as I would do with heart disease! Just trying to plan ahead....:eek:

Thank you for your advice and congratulations on the birth of your little girl (bought tears to my eyes just thinking about it!). They are all worth it in the end :)....even though I threaten to take my 2 back to the gooseberry bush where i found them :rolleyes: hehehehe

Thanks again

Paula x

My meeting last night, lost another 3lbs!

Really started to feel a connection with my group & councellor too. A good night all round (well, a bit less round)!

Hope all is going well with all of you other new & not so new starters.

Munch.xx

well done

My meeting last night, lost another 3lbs!

Really started to feel a connection with my group & councellor too. A good night all round (well, a bit less round)!

Hope all is going well with all of you other new & not so new starters.

Munch.xx

well done, i had my session last night and lost another 4.5llb :)

Fab news! Aren't we just rocking this?!

For the first time ever, I really feel like being slim is a possibility for me!

x

Fab news! Aren't we just rocking this?!

For the first time ever, I really feel like being slim is a possibility for me!

x

i agree, its great. this is my last chance, done every other diet going but this one is really working for me.

i had a look at the photos from wk 1 last night. i look so bloated and unhealthy, cannot got over the change in just 5wks.

keep it up girl x

Hi thank you so much for all of your replies and support, i spoke to my councellor, who has suggested that i take the shakes and just 'down' them as though they were medicine... it seems to be working, and was suprised when i found out id lost 9 1/2 pound in my first week!!! thank god!! this has made me more focused than ever!!

Wll done Emma, have you tried making them with ice making them more like a thick shake or do you just not like milk shakes.

I haven't tried them yet so can't comment on the flavours but I think the advice of downing them like medicine is a good one.

well done

Hi thank you so much for all of your replies and support, i spoke to my councellor, who has suggested that i take the shakes and just 'down' them as though they were medicine... it seems to be working, and was suprised when i found out id lost 9 1/2 pound in my first week!!! thank god!! this has made me more focused than ever!!

well done emma

the weight will just keep on flying off. keep it up :D x

Keep it up Emma, the weight will literally fall off and your body will change before your very eyes!

Well done!

I'm new to minimins!

Hello!

I started lighter life three weeks ago. Finding it hard this past week - but today marks the start of week four - and I am determined it will be a better week!

My hubby ended up in A&E last night (a minor burn) and I lapsed. Went to see my LLC this afternoon and she was really supportive. Told me the group had missed me last night - which was nice.

I think I keep getting caught up in the enormity of it all - that I will be on LL for nearly a year (I have 9 stone to lose). And it can be overwhelming sometimes.

Back