Jumping ship, and hoping not to sink!.. Diary of a Mamma.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hello ww ladies! I am jumping ship from slimming-world.. and i'm feeling well out of my depth! I've been feeling a bit stressed recently and unable to stick around for classes because of Penny and felt i was just missing out! So I've made an impromptu decision and joined ww online. i'm yet to start as i think weighing in on Saturdays will be better for me. So i'm trying to suss my way around the website as its quite in depth, ready for Saturday. I just can't see how it'll work! Getting my head around /points compared to free foods is going to take a while also, and weighing stuff... but I've got 1.5st to loose and i need a new focus- i hope WW will be that for me.

So about about me, I'm 20 and currently on Maternity leave (soon to end..sob sob) after having my beautiful Daughter Penny Rose. She is just short of 6 months now. and she's amazing <3 *gush gush* lol...see picture below :) I'm currently nursing, hence the extra points, yay! Penny's just started baby led weaning so lots of mess!

I'm going to buy some scales, as i don't currently own any.. and weigh for my starting weight Saturday. Mondays sw WI said 11st 5, but I've been shuvving my face full of food since.. so i imagine a fair bit more on Saturday..

I get 33 pp and 49 weekly's. Wish me luck.

Any hints, tips, suggestions are welcomed.. i need lunch breaky ideas xx

centre parcs jan 2012 067.jpg

Last edited:
hi hun i changed from s/w to w/w last week as i couldn't get to my group any longer but can get to w/w one, it took me a few days to get used to counting pp's after not having to count but am finding it ok, i still have my weekly pp's on my goodies, i buy all the w/w cakes, wafers & bars and this week i lost 3.5lb so it does work (i had gone a bit stagnant on s/w) i have been eating wraps for lunch either with wafer thin chicken, watercress & sweet chilli sauce or w/w sliced cheese with onion & either extra light mayo or sweet chilli sauce it's lovely done on pannini press. for breakfast i've been eating crumpets with low fat butter & honey or golden syrup i'm sure i'm going to make myself sick of these soon lol oh and also bought w/w part baked petit pains 3 pp each they are really nice feels like ur having something sinful when ur not. have a look on the food diaries of other members for some inspiration, good luck xx

ooh thanks for stopping by! what a fabulous loss! Well done! i am still loosing on sw.. but im also gaining every other week.. my head is just not in it! so ive done the 3month sign up online.. whats to loose eh! i'm looking at some ww food diarys and seeing the odd ready meal etc which i'm not into! i'm looking forward to things like pesto.. seeded bread etc... i just need to figure out the online stuff.. cos i dont have anything in paper form to refer too which im struggling with! x

if u get stuck there's always someone on here that will help, i have had a couple of ready meals but have also cooked a few w/w recipes from scratch there's a really nice mexican pan fry beef recipe see if you can find it online in the recipe section it was in one of my books i got with my starter pack if u can't find it i'm sure it's on my diary it was really lovely. have a good day xx

here it is i altered it slightly from original recipe

Mexican beef pan fry
8pp per serving serves 4

Frylight
1 red onion
2 large mixed peppers
2 cloves garlic chopped
500g extra lean beef mince
2 tsp paprika
1tsp corriander powder
3 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 tin chunky tinned toms
Diced courgette

Spray large pan with the Frylight
Add onion, peppers, garlic, & courgette fry till soft
Increase the heat and add the mince, paprika & corriander cook for 10 mins till browned add chilli sauce and tinned tomatoes add salt & pepper to taste
Serve with brown rice
If u use quorn mince will be 6 pp a serving

u serve with 150g easy cook, white boiled rice add 6pp's or could put in a tortilla wrap or have a pitta bread with it or naan bread (not sure how many pp's they r)

Ok, SO! It's saturday! ......Ive bought myself some scales.. and i'm about to go up and weigh... and then it's time to start.

I'll report back, wish me luck ladies!!!!!

DAY 1 PRO POINTS. 18/2/12

Oooh thanks valerie...

So i'm back.. and i'm 11 st 6.5 according to my scales (which means a fair gain since last monday as i'm weighing in the morning and thats a 1.5 lb gain, so i'm probably 3lbs + from my 'evening weight' anyways.. i'll be weighing saturday morning's now so this is what i will go by. So thats a stone and 6.5 lbs to go.

Here's my day as planned, and i'll ammend any changes this evening.

B: 2 weetabix 3pp, 142 semi skimmed milk 2pp. Sweetner and 1 apple 0pp

L: Chicken 4pp (165g raw) salad
Honey and mustard vingerette dressing 2pp
new potatoes 100g 2pp
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil 4 pp, split between two.. 2pp
1 shape yogurt 2pp?
Banana

another shape yog mid avro .. 2pp?

D: Pitta bread 4pp, falafels 5pp, salad and mayo 1pp
hot chocolate, cadburys highlights 1pp

30/33 pp .. 0/49

Last edited:
hi welcome to ww i too came from slimming world too its my 3rd day and really enjoying it 2 weetabix is 3 points hope you have a ggod day xx

Thanks girls.. i did notice the point tracker changed it to 3pp.. why is that? is it because there is no 'half points' so having two reduced the over all pointage?

Im quite hungry today, was shocked at how small 100g of new pots was .. a whole pot and a half, gasp!.. but i'm trying my hardest!

Most of your SW recipes will be low in points! Pasta and bread can push up poihts a bit, but you'll find you don't ahve to eat any differently on WW than SW if you don't want to. Thought you might want to

DAY 2 PRO POINTS

B: 1 slice of white bread 2pp, 2tsp of light spread 1pp, 1/4 can of baked beans 2pp, 1 egg 2pp

satsuma

L: 30g porridge 3pp, 142 semi skimmed milk 2pp, banana and sweetener

D: chicken 4pp, 130g roast potatoes 4pp, 40g parsnip 1pp, bisto gravy 2pp, sweetcorn 30g peas 30g 2pp 2 homemade yorkies 6 pp

Cor i nearly cried when i weighed out 225g of potatoes.. BUT then i discovered that the 8pp was for cooked pots not raw.. so i was delighted when i weighed out what i wanted and realized i was only wanting half of that.!!

30 lengths swimming- first time swimming since having my Noodle 6 months ago, felt amazing to be back in the water and a bit of me time, i loved swimming pregnant.. think it certainly helped, among other things for the great birth i had!

30/33 Daily pp.. 0/49 weeklies - i appear to keep having 3 pp left over.. getting some treats in food shop tomo!

update- OH bought me a donut, argh.. so i got pp as 7pp? split in half to use up left over points..... and ate the second half when i knew i definitly wanted it an hours later.. so..

33/33 daily's used 4/49 weeklies

Last edited:
DAY 3 PROPOINTS

B: 2 weetabix 3pp, 142ss milk 2pp sweetener and a clementine (5pp)

L: 2 slices of a seeded loaf from wheatfield bakery- cant find it online so guessing 3pp per slice but online says 2 slice=5pp, Ham 1pp, 1 dairylea triangle 1pp, 1tbsp honey mustard dressing 1pp salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and grapes and 1 apple. (8pp)

D: chicken 4pp, mixed stirfry 0pp, cashew nuts 2pp, 1/2pouch blue dragon chow mein sauce 2ppp (8pp)

2 ww carrot cake slices 5pp, 150g vanilla onken fat free yoghurt 2pp hot chocolate 1pp - (8pp)

29/33 Dailys 0/45 weeklies left - i forgot about the noodles! lol so ive added some yogurt to tonights cakes but i'm 4 pp short,.. how does this keep happening lol

Last edited:
REALLY need to start reading my PP tracker properly lol .. read that 60g pasta =6 pp.. when i weighed out 60g cooked pasta, i was like er.. were's my magnifying glass! so i doubled it. Thinking i'd spent 12 pp on pasta only to go online and find that 225g of cooked white pasta is 7pp.. i had 140 and so pp tracker says 4pp.... AlSO, major dissapointment on choco chip weetabix mini's :-( 40g for 4pp is STUPID SMALL! so i had 3x that, and wasted 13pp on breakfast and it wasn't even worth it.

so
B: 120g of weetabix chocolate chip mini's 11 pp, 142milk 2pp
apple, satsuma

L: stirfry veg 0pp, Bluedragon chow mein stirfry sauce 2pp, cashews nuts 2pp
strawberries, grapes, satsumas x2

1 apple, 1 ww nectarine yogurt 1pp

D: 120g pasta 4pp, bolognese 5pp,
2 double chocolate chip cookie.. it was from Morrisons, i weighed it at 47g.. closest i can find is ASDA 45g double choc cookie for 6pp .. so 12pp

a few weetabix mini's..why i do not know.. 2pp.

41pp/33pp dailies 8/45 weeklies left (37 left now)

Last edited:
Hellloo Elle!! What do you think so far? am i doing it right????? feels very odd not to have classes or books to refer to- though the online membership is great for the price it has to be said!

DAY5 PRO POINTS

B: frozen berries, 142ml semi skimmed milk 2pp, onken vanilla fat free yoghurt 150g 2pp .. half for a smoothie, and then half added to my porridge for fruity porridge! 30g porridge, 3pp (7pp)

L: Carrot and coriander soup 1pp for the entire batch :
450g carrots
1 red onion
3 garlic cloves
dired coriander to taste, salt and pepper
800 mls of water
2veg oxo cubes 1pp

it served three, which my pp trackers says 0pp

so, soup 0pp seeded batch bread 6pp for two slices, 1 dairylea spread triangle 1pp, ham 1pp, mixed leaf salad, tomatoes, onion and cucumber, 1 tbsp of honey and mustard dressing 1pp - (9pp) friend is bring a 'treat' will report back later lol

*edit* 5 cadbury fingers 4pp

D: pasta pesto
3x 60g dried white pasta
broccoli
pan fried cherry tomatoes
2 165g raw chickien breasts
2x 45g serving of green pesto
60g of chedder

shared between three = (13pp)

2 ww carrot cake slices 5pp, dollop of onken yog 1pp hot chocolate 1pp
nanna, apple, satsumas and grapes

so far 33/33 dailies 7/37 remaining weeklies

Last edited:
i'll let you know in a few days time if it works!! i kept hearing really good things about propoints and it has to bbe said i'm even *cough* enjoying it!!

weighing dillemma.. we are going to my sisters friday night to stay- should i weigh Friday morning instead?? Im still going to be on plan friday night but it would mean taking scales but weighing on different floor.. and i plan to use alot of my weeklies and don't want to weigh heavy?

Back