June Starters? Support Post!

Sorry to hear your cravings a playing up, I was driving earlier and all I could think of was curry!

Had a spicy spaghetti when I got back and that's done the trick.

Keep glugging the water, tomorrow's a new day!

Thanks all. Im going to call it a day today brush my teeth and hide away in bed watching the footy. The 2nd side affect in increased appitite.....great. However, Im sure that can be overcome!

Hope everyone else is doing ok. xx

Evening everyone, how are you all getting on? My cravings don't seem to be reducing either- all I fancy is a Chinese! Just had a thick vegetable soup poured over broccoli and pretended in my head that it was a stir fry- my imagination is my friend! Made some chocolate ice lollies with my shake earlier too so hopefully that will be a nice dessert for me! Haha.

Steroids make people reaaally hungry. I know that one of the most common side effects of oral steroids is weight gain due to a combination of very increased appetite and water retention. In fact being constantly on very high doses of steroids is a big part of what caused my weight gain from tiny to mildly beached whale the year previous to this. Hopefully since it was just a single injection the effects shouldn't linger too long. Plus just think of all the fat being burnt from your swimming! I can see all those cells shrinking ;)

Jess - chocolate ice lollies you say? That sounds divine - let me know how it tastes :)

LucySera said:
Steroids make people reaaally hungry. I know that one of the most common side effects of oral steroids is weight gain due to a combination of very increased appetite and water retention. In fact being constantly on very high doses of steroids is a big part of what caused my weight gain from tiny to mildly beached whale the year previous to this. Hopefully since it was just a single injection the effects shouldn't linger too long. Plus just think of all the fat being burnt from your swimming! I can see all those cells shrinking ;)

Jess - chocolate ice lollies you say? That sounds divine - let me know how it tastes :)

I can report that they were really nice. I made it up in one of those ice lolly moulds that you can get in Asda. Made the mix up with 400ml water (to make sure they froze solid) and then ate them all at once which felt like I was being so naughty! Almost tasted a bit like a watery mini milk lol

Mmmmm...........Scrambled eggs, pan fried mushrooms and green cabbage. So tasty! Im still really hungry despite being in ketosis. Mind over matter.

Mmm the lollies sound gooood!

I think it's a weekend thing, my head's telling me I'm hungry!

Just having a cup of tea to see me through!

Nice to get to know you all. Got through Day 1 Everyone is doing so well and it's inspiring me so much to do this!' best of luck to you new starters. :) xxx

Hey there!! Well done on day one!! Pleased to meet you too weightloss!!

Well I had two bars, 2 shakes and scarmbled egg and mushroom, with cabbage, and I have lost 3/4 lb. I did sadly have my finger in the damn peanut butter jar too. I may bin it (shhhhhh!!!)

Today will be testing, Im at my Mums, although she is a 'feeder' she understands my diet after seeing how well VLCD worked for me before, so hopefully she wont have gone to town with the full works!!

I'm proud to report no cravings for me today :-D think the dark chocolate truffa defo helped. I've ordered more!!!

Well done, that is great! I have ordered 15 dark chocolate truffa bars, Should be here tomorrow whoooO!!

I think Im on day 9 or 10, which is usually my breaking point, however having the protein meal Im feeling like I can continue much further, I have also ordered a £100 order which I quite simply can not afford!! So I wont be stopping now!! I am hungry from the steroids, but Im talking myself out of that one, mind over matter.

Im heading to the gym on my child free morning - its rare so making the most! Have a good day 'yalllll xx

Hi all,

I'm just starting week two and although week one went well, I want to join a large thread with encouragement and people in similar situations to keep me going.

I'm loving all the sachets although I'm finding the porridge too watery.

Hope you are all doing well X

Hey, well done on week 1 .......heres to week 2 being as sucessful!!

Damn it!! Im out of ketosis. I pushed my luck today, and have eaten a few of the kids sweets and a teeny bowl of ice cream. Just tested and its not the tiniest bit pink. Ghhhhh. Hey ho, Im going to have a healthy snack and get right back on it tomorrow. Im not going to pig out, which for me is something I need work at, Im always in the mindset, well Ive blown it so might as well go the whole hog.

Day 7 and all's well, looking forward to week two, in ketosis but still having the occasional sweet craving.

Good luck to everyone for the next week.

I have ketostix, some people think they are inaccurate, but mine seem spot on.

Back