Just Do It doing Atkins

Just Do It

Hi there,
I reached my goal weight back in 2007 doing lighter life. I felt great. Did all of the amazing things I had dreamt about buying clothes, feeling confident, actually got some self esteem.

Got promoted as a result, and kept at goal for about 2 years.

Then as a result of improved self esteem my relationship took on a terribly stormy nature.

At first everything I had learnt in management helped me deal with it. But it was so long and intense I couldn't hold out and so I sm back.

I tried to get back with vlcds but failed. So I researched and decided to go for Atkins 72.

I am at the end of day one, very pleasantly surprised that it has been so easy. But my first goal is to get to day 3 and ketosis.

Packed lunch ready and in the fridge. Let's go.

Welcome and well done for getting your diary started:)

hi and welcome i'm new too and these boards have been a life saver xx

Hi I'm also new and coming to the end of my first week, weigh in tomorrow. I too started a diary which is a great help and everyone is so friendly and helpful on this forum it is a great incentive. Good luck x

Thanks everyone for the welcome. When I got to goal with LL a big part of it was the support I got here on minimins.

So fas so good, day 2 is just beginning, there was a loss on he scales of 2.4 lbs, just got to build on that now.
The good part was that I didn't feel hungry yesterday or even think about other food.

But I want to get to day 3 before I'm confident about that, I've had too many false starts in he past.

It was sad logging back on here and seeing my old ticker with its successful story. That was a different me, and the me I so badly want to be again.

You will get there again, welcome and good luck, there is so much support on this thread, it has really helped me :)

you will defo get there again and we're all here with you hun, hopefully we can all get there together xxxxx

Oh my gosh I hope this works fast. After my pre-diet start binge I can hardly fit into my only work dress. It feels like a straight jacket.
I can hardly breathe, it's humid and 30 degrees and I feel like I'm a sweaty disaster.
Sitting on the train is so uncomfortable as I can hardly bend over due to my huge stomach and the tightness of my clothes.

I'm out of breath from getting from the lift to my desk!

BUT I have now got my glass of water, my ready made omelette breakfast and some hope!

Morning Just... You'll do it and we'll all help! Xx

Thanks very much, it's such a boost reading other stories and getting encouragement.
I love minimins, there really is no where else like it.

Hi JDI, and welcome to an Oz member, good luck and I'll be following your diary.

Hello! Great to see you have started a diary.

You have done it before, and you will do it again. And what's more, you will probably find it easier this time to lose your weight. Atkins makes a difficult job so, so much more enjoyable!

Day 3
Thanks again everyone and morning.
I'm feeling calmer today, I've made it through two days which I haven't managed in any of my recent attempts to lose weight.

And I feel less stuffed to bursting point, but I have some questions
Is it really only a cup of salad twice a day (still waiting for the book to arrive) that isn't a great amount.
And how can such a small plate of food actually fill me up, genuinely fill me? So I don't feel hungry?
Two days ago it would have taken a bakers shop to do it and I would still have had room for more?
And is it ok to have about 3 to 4 slices of turkey/ ham for a main meal?
Cheers all

Morning,

I always worked it out as 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggies a day, and as to feeling full, well that's because you're eating protean and not empty evil carbs.

Thanks Jim, Its good to have a visual.

I've had a great night, just had a second hand sofa delivered by a kind friend after only having a mattress or the floor for 7 months.
And.... My Atkins book arrived today. What a combo of luxury!

I shut the kids in the kitchen and settled down for what turned out to be a full 10 minutes of pleasure.

Must say so far I like his writing, I went for the 72 version.

10 mins more then i must go to bed.

Morning, Yes I preferred the '72 version as well. So how's sunny melbourne?

Morning just... I find the fat content fills me faster and for longer... So don't worry about it... Xx

Hi Jim
At the minute sunny Melbourne is having a massive storm that is keeping me up!

I did a lot of research before starting thIs time because I wanted to really assess which diet was going to work best for me and the strictness of he 72 appealed. Also the lack of products as I haven't seen any around and I prefer the thought of all fresh food.

So far my meals are not adventurous but really easy which I like.

Alpaca it's fascInating how the fat is filling and satisfying who would have guessed it!

Ive found I can't get to sleep at nIgbt so easily since I started my legs keep twitching and bubbling almost, I was wondering if it is the fat being mobilized? Seems weird!

Back