Karens EE Diary

i agree, tayto are the best. I was mortified to find my hubby and kids have been eating them.... theres only a few bags left and i have only had one. I told hubby off and he couldnt stop laughing at me when I demanded they be saved for special occasions and not eaten randomly LOL

Lordy Lord, the chicken, spinach and potato curry was really yum and dead easy to make... thats going to become a firm fav in this house :D healthy, cheap and fast...IDEAL! Next time i may fling some peppers and mushrooms into the mix.

SOoooooooooooo.... at our next WI we are having our 'woman of the year' comp and a tasters evening. if anyone has some good (cheap and easy) ideas for what I can take along, it would be much appriciated :D Im thinking of some devilled eggs or quiche and something else... dunno yet. HELP! lol

Im challenging myself this week to try at least 4 new recipes so as of tonight thats 1 down, at least 3 to go.

xx

Sounds yummy Karen! It's not in my EE cookbook - do you mean the one that comes with the welcome pack? That's the only one I've got, but mine is the 2009 version, so maybe it's changed!

How about taking some tzatziki and cruditees for your tasting evening? Easy to make, syn free and great for sharing!

heya lovely spanx xx

tzatziki and cruditees are a great idea. I was thinking of a dip and salady bits but wasnt sure which. thanks matey xx

the EE book I used was one i bought at class tuesday night 'Extra Easy Cookbook - 50 fabulous food optimising recipes' and its got a few nice looking bits in it. The recipe is:

1 onion peeled, finely chopp
794g/1lb 12oz skinless/boneless chicken breast or thigh
4 large spuds peeled and chopped into cubes
170g/6oz chopped spinach leaf
2 tablespoons of midium or hot curry powder
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
handful of chopped coriander and mint (i used dried spices)
397ml/14 fl oz water

stirfry spuds, chicken, curry powder and onions for a few minutes, then drop all the ingredients in, including the water but not the coriander and mint.

simmer with lid on for 30 minutes or until spuds are tender, chuck in the herbs, season and serve. YUM!

I am off to work this morning so the kiddies are with my folks and jay is back at sonyas (we are negotiating rent) so after i have picked them up from their various locations i may take them to the park. they'll be staying at my folks tonight as i am working again earlier tomorrow so I may see if hubby wants to go out tonight. it'll be for diet cokes and we will eat at home. maybe i will see whats on at the flicks. I've gotten my period this morning...oh joy! i have decided to start exercising again. dont laugh! I used to be a bit of a gym junkie (about 4 stones ago) so it shouldn't take too long to start enjoying some thought out routines, even if it is just walking. I have upped my water intake as well so i am moving in the right direction. hells bells.

ok... todays delights....hmmmm

Day 2 of Week 11

Brekky

Banana
Grapes
Onken

Lunch

1/2 slice of turkey breast
banana
1/2 punnet grapes
2 packs of Aldi cheese curls (8 syns)

Dinner

Jacket spud
BBQ beans
2 light laughing cow triangles (1/2 HEX A)

Snacks

150ml s/s milk (1/2 HEX A)
Lean bacon roll (HEX B)
15g ketchup (1 syn)

Total Syns: 9

Last edited:
well today has been a real odd one. Work was good. My lunch was an absolute mess as I was counting on having chicken and salad at work like i usually do but of course, it is Ramadan and I didnt think of that...D'OH! Also, I worked over an hour later than usual and so I came out of work and directly into the Aldi down the road. The chicken looked suspect so I grabbed some fresh fruit, turkey slices and low calorie crisps. I was flipping starving! I could have eaten at work as I am diabetic but wanted to remain respectful of the faith but MAN! I coulda eaten my own arm if the shop hadnt been so close by. So, I got to the till and my phone bleeped. It was a text from my sister to say one of her closest friends has been given a couple of weeks to live.

I didnt feel like eating then but i was ready to pass out (the diabetes) and felt really weird so had some fruit and a bit of the turkey. It turns out she is in pretty much the same boat as Sarah was. She had what they thought was a benign tumour, did a pre-op scan and it turns out she also has agressive cancer and just weeks left. she is 45 with a 9 yr old son and a 16 yr old girl. Its so sad and so humbling. Rang my sister tonight and she is obviously really upset. Shes away in London at the moment so i wont see her until she gets back at the weekend. So...very selfishly but probably naturally, I feel very grateful for my health at the moment and the precious time I have with my family. it makes me think how i dont live any days as though they are my last and i should do more often.

Im working tomorrow for a few hours and then looking forward to the weekend. I am spending some time with hubby tomorrow night and taking the kids to crealy either saturday or sunday- it depends on the weather. Jay has callum staying over 1 of the nights and we said aiden could have one of his buddys over soon too so will have to arrange all that. We havent really done much since ireland so i hope they dont feel they are having a rubbish break. will have to plan loads for the next couple of week :)

looking forward to today being over... xx

Day 3 of Week 11

Breakfast

FF strawberry onken
white grapes

Lunch

cheese (hex a)
salad
Roll (hex b)
red grapes
Salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner

TBA

Snacks

TBA

total syns:

Last edited:
awh karen what sad news ,your right in what your saying to, we just take life for granted till something comes along to tell you otherwise. think ill go up and give my 2 little ones and big kiss and cuddle whilst they sleep as i couldnt imagine not ever having them or them losing me xx

omg....mate your kids are so lucky, my boys never get to go anywhere or do anything during school holidays, i feel so guilty about it, but everything needs cash and transport........they have already done loads more than my 2, so ditch the guilt

thank you for the post Jane... i think my kids are wondering why i am being so nice to them... (not that i am not nice to them usually, er-hem) my sister is back tomorrow so will make sure i get some time with her over the weekend.

hello sonya... your boys are older and hannah is easily impressed lol. Jay doesnt want to be seen out with us as he is older as well. I meant for aiden really as he needs the stimulation and we have done a lot less than we usually do. they keep huffing at me and cannot believe i am working too. they're in for a real shock when i start working properly! bless their moody little socks. We are taking them up on the moors tonight to bury them. whoops!... i mean... to watch the meteor showers... so much for a night out with kev but hey-ho, it was me moaning about doing stuff with them and kev suggested it so thats our plans.

Day 3 of Week 11

Breakfast

FF strawberry onken
white grapes

Lunch

cheese (hex a)
salad
Roll (hex b)
red grapes
Salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner

Prawn Stirfry
Asda Stirfry sauce (4 syns)
egg noodles

Snacks

Taytos (6 syns)

total syns: 12

At 10.30pm last night me and hubby got kids all wrapped up warm, donned our hoodies and gloves then drove out on the moors. There were still showers and shooting stars and it was amazing. Driving out of the city gave a much clearer sky so it was really nice. It was a little scary as well... it was pitch black and quite eerie! our 6 year old got a little nervous and sat back in the car with the dome lights on after a while. I have to admit, i was a bit freaked out as well but Im really glad we did it as it was a bit of a midnight adventure for the kids and it was an amazing sight :) we didnt get back until around 11.30 so they enjoyed it all.

Well today I wanted to take the kids to Cornwall Crealy by Padstow but it is meant to be showery rain this arvo :mad: we have memberships to the crealy park so it is no expense but a really good day out. BUMCAKES! I know tomorrow is a better option as it is going to be sunny but I hoped to leave tomorrow free to see my sister properly. She comes home from London today and is really torn up over her friends illness. I didnt want to land on her today as her boyfriend lives far away but he is down in Devon at the moment and thought she would prefer to spend today with him. I guess she has lucked out and will get me, kev and 3 noisy kids as well for a couple of hours. It is rubbish though... i shouldnt moan all the time but these crappy rainy summers we get just drive me flipping mental! Its the middle of August and it has rained loads :sigh:

Looking out into my garden, my apple tree has properly fruited for the first time... and I cannot cook them as they are millions of syns. 4 years I have waited for that tree to establish... the times i have dreamed of the apple crumbles i will create and now i have to pick them and give them away :rolleyes: I will make pies and whatnot for kev and the kids but it will be hell not having any myself. My mum has already picked loads of them and made a lovely crumble BUT she brought it back here with a tin of custard for me to give out... twas hell, i tell ya! theres something about the smell of cinnamon that makes me want to devour the entire source :eek: hark at me, not even 9am and i am drooling for desserts :eek:

Its my mums birthday on Monday and her brother is coming to visit from London. She has only seen him twice since she moved to Devon (when I left London in 2003 they followed in 2006) so it will be great to see Uncle Jim. he is a funny bugger. A proper good ol' eastend boy with a million stories to keep your ribs aching :D

anyways... the kids will be getting up soon so Im off to get showered so i can pick some apples....

I am going to be a SW angel today ...

Day 4 of Week 11

Brunch

lean grilled bacon
2 boiled eggs
beans
mushrooms, onion, tomatoes

Dinner

8 Mini Kievs (12 syns)
jacket spud with cheese (HEX A)
Salad

Snacks

TBA

total syns: 12

Last edited:
what a lazy day. i really need to sort out the exercise I have been mentioning. watch a film with family... kids are now out playing and Im cooking dinner. Was making Capricorns buffalo chicken but the meat hasnt defrosted at all. Ive made the marinade as well now :rolleyes: So, we will be having that for tomorrows dinner and tonight i am having mini kievs, salad and jacket spud. i love mini kievs. the best processed crap in the world :)

Day 5 of Week 11

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

Cheese (HEX A) 77g Sarnie (HEX B) & (2.5 syns)
Mullerlight
spinach, cucumber, onion, tomatoes
Salad Cream (4 syns)
Grapes

Dinner

Capricorns Buffalo Chicken (4 syns)
Mashed Potato (mashed with fromage frais)
Grilled tomato
Garden Peas

Snacks

TBA

total syns: 10.5

Last edited:
heya lovely spanx xx

tzatziki and cruditees are a great idea. I was thinking of a dip and salady bits but wasnt sure which. thanks matey xx

the EE book I used was one i bought at class tuesday night 'Extra Easy Cookbook - 50 fabulous food optimising recipes' and its got a few nice looking bits in it. The recipe is:

1 onion peeled, finely chopp
794g/1lb 12oz skinless/boneless chicken breast or thigh
4 large spuds peeled and chopped into cubes
170g/6oz chopped spinach leaf
2 tablespoons of midium or hot curry powder
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
handful of chopped coriander and mint (i used dried spices)
397ml/14 fl oz water

stirfry spuds, chicken, curry powder and onions for a few minutes, then drop all the ingredients in, including the water but not the coriander and mint.

simmer with lid on for 30 minutes or until spuds are tender, chuck in the herbs, season and serve. YUM!

Thanks Karen - I'll definitely be making that - sounds yum!

We had a really nice day today. Me and Hubby took the kids to a little theme park place in cornwall and had a picnic. I stayed on track perfectly and had a great time.

Its my mums birthday tomorrow and I am picking up her brother from the train station as he is down from london to see her. Havent got her card or prezzie yet so know what I am doing first thing in the morning!

my arm is playing up at the moment... i think because of the driving. stupid tennis elbow! Hoping a good nights sleep will help.

Capricorns buffalo chicken went down a storm with the family tonight. Well... our 6 yr old hated it but eveyone else thought it was lovely lol. Will be making it for our taster night on Tuesday with cubes of chicken. yum! Hope i dont keep picking at it on the way :) Not sure what else to make but i think the dip idea was a good one.

So, Capricorns lovely marinade was the 2nd new recipe I have tried this week. I have 2 more to go to meet my personal challenge of 4 new dishes. I have loads of SW cook books my sister gave me, the new EE book i bought, a few months worth of mags AND the full resources of minimins so shouldnt be too much of a problem :D

I am eating out tomorrow and have to say I am rather worried about it. I am pretty sure they do the jacket spud and quorn chilli though...and if they do, it'll be fine :D I know I will be good as it'll be the night before WI and i want to make sure i have shifted my holiday weight gain if possible!

no worries spanx, enjoy xxx

Happy Birthday Mum :D

Sonya popped round this morning on her way to the dentist and she is not a very well sonkie at all :( Star week has a lot to answer for but if you read this missus, just rest up and try to drink lots. (of water, not vodka :) )

We have Weigh-in tomorrow and i am dying to see how i have gotten on. it would be AWESOME to have lost the 4.5lb i put on in Ireland. I dont feel smaller but then, i never do. I have only noticed a loss on my feet and upper back so far. i havent come down a dress size on my tummy and thats what I wanted most. I have LOADS of trousers and jeans in a size 22 but they just dont fit. I have naff all in a 24 and the ones i do have are a bit baggy or crappy elasticated trakkies. its hard to feel nice when you dont have anything to wear that makes you feel nice. oh lord... im actually moaning AGAIN lol. ok... i'll hush up :)

Anyways... off out for a meal tonight. I have checked the online menu and I will be fine SW-ing. I just need to stay away from the desserts and mothers birthday cake :eek: I am saving enough syns for 3 alcoholic drinks and will enjoy them!

todays menu SHOULD go something like this...

Day 6 of Week 11

Breakfast

Apple
Cuppa tea

Lunch

Tesco Sweet & sour Chicken with noodles (4.5 syns)
Nectarine

Dinner

2 small jacket spuds
Salad
2 icelands chilli rawn skewers (1 syn)
2 icelands hot & spicy chicken fillets (1 syn)
Vegetable kebab
Grapes

Snacks

Fibre Plus Dark choc & almond bar (HEX B)
250ml SS milk (HEX A)
1 Black magic choc (2.5 syns)
5 galaxy minstels (4 syns)

total syns: 13

Last edited:
Happy birthday to your mum hun! :D I know what you mean about losing sizes...despite losing nearly 3 stone I don't seem to have lost dress sizes (well I did buy a pair of jeans in a size smaller, but a lot of my others still fit!). I'd feel a lot better about things if I started to notice a difference in terms of size. We'll get there in the end though - chin up! :D

Hope you have a fab dinner at Wetherspoons - stay away from the jacket potatoes though, they're loaded with syns!! Have a malibu for me :D xxx

thank you sian... I will certainly enjoy a drinky-poos for you :D you look smaller to me... i've only seen your face but it is definitely slimmer betwee last profile pic and the pink hatted one :D

I think I am right that if i have the 5 bean chilli with rice and NO nachos, it will be syn free? if anyone knows for sure, please let me know xx

hey Karen enjoy your meal out!!
I lost only 14lb so far and all the weight gone off my bum and legs but b***y (scuse my language) stomach stayed the same!!! I wanted my tummy to go first but nooooo, it's still huge, oh well maybe one day:D
I've read on Weatherspoon- evil Jacket Potato thread that 5 bean chili is free :)

Never, ever in my life had Malibu and coke, is it good? :party0027:
also :birthday: to your mum :)

Back