Kat's TS Journey

Thank you so much Calorina. I don't know what is wrong with me today, just having a bad day I hope. I ended up sniffing a bag of Jelly Babies at work.
Been a busy beaver tonight; I've got 4 post it notes and written down the lb value for 14.5st, 14, 13.5 and 13 and stuck it my fridge underneath my tracking sheet, once I hit one I'll peel it off and reveal the next mini-goal. I weigh in lbs as my scales won't do half pounds and stones, sometimes you need that little bit extra to get you through.

Been thinking about exercise too, going to really make an effort to do at least 3 2-3 mile walks on week days and then a 4-5miler at weekends. Just walked the very long way back from hospital visiting which was 3 miles, or so the Endomondo app tells me, I also alledgedly burned 518kcal. I'm toying with joining the gym once I hit the 13s.

As for the power of a box set, I say the power of Netflix lol.

Managed to stay 100% somehow, that's 19 days done, I've come too far to throw it away. I'd love another bar right now too but it'll be a hot chocolate and bed for me tonight.

Summary:
Banana, ultraslim choc, hot choc in a min, 2 cans coke zero, 3.5ltrs but should get this to 4.5 easily.

The gym round the corner from me is only £16 per month and opens at 7, that means I could get a 45 min cardiovascular sesh in before work..... Something else i'll do on payday then.

Well done Kat! You've done excellently. Hang in there! Just a short one tonight as I think I've tired myself out today(!) at the gym. Only did strength etc and you're walking miles and miles! Different strokes for different folks I guess. Bit woozy and weak. Bouillon with extra salt (in case it's that) and BED!

Hope the bullion worked and you're feeling less woozy today Calorina. I seem to have new vigour today, had a bar for brekkie and already done one ltr of water. No pain no gain and all that crap. Plus, I'm already 1/4 of the way through my 10 weeks, when you look at it like that it's quite good really. -x-

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Feel 100% focused today. Have tried mixing up the order of my packs as Calorina suggested. Also dug the green tea out of the cupboard and will try to have 2 cups a day as its said to be a metabolism booster. Every little helps right.

Have decided that gym will be too much atm but I've decided I will make a concerted effort to do a 2-3 mile walk 3 times a week, plus at least one 5 mile+ at weekend. I've just been given a £25 Argos voucher, will put this toward a WiiFit on payday instead of the gym. With the plus you can target areas, that'll be my belly then! Talking of bellies, I brought some Jergens firming and toning moisturiser. Luckily I don't have bum and leg cellulite but from being a size 26 4 years ago my belly and arms leave a lot to be desired. Not expecting miracles bit again every little helps (my new motto?)

Off out to the quiz again tonight, a 2.45mile walk and i'll track it on Endomondo. Hope we come at least second again, although that was probably a fluke.

Summary
Exante bar, hot chocolate, will have a "frappucino" just before I leave, 5.5ltrs of water so far but will have more at the pub, one can coke zero.

Uh oh spaghetti os. I've done something a bit silly today. I got in from work thinking about food and grabbed an Exante bar, knowing full bloomin well I'd had a TESCO bar for lunch. Don't feel any different yet and it only works out at 1g extra of carbs but feel stupid for doing that on my last day of week three! I just keep telling myself it's better than if I'd eaten "real" food.
So, I've technically still been 100% in my opinion as it was three Exante/tesco products a day.

Housework and an early night methinks.

Summary
Strawberry shake, Tesco bar, Exante bar, 3.5ltrs water - will prob have another half tonight, 2 cans coke zero and will have has 2 mugs of green tea.

Right, going to be radical tomorrow and have my first shake at lunch time, that way after work I can get in and sit down with a bar and coke zero and still have another shake later on. Will see how that works out.

Week 3 weigh in result is..... 5.3lb!! Woo hoo. Total of 19.2lb gone. So happy with that.
Feeling v v hungry this morning, think I did knock myself out of Ketosis :( of well, best hope for the week is 4.4lb as need 8.8lb to reach the 13s and a total of 2st lost but will be happy 3.5lb or more.
Happy happy happy

PrincessKat said:
Week 3 weigh in result is..... 5.3lb!! Woo hoo. Total of 19.2lb gone. So happy with that.
Feeling v v hungry this morning, think I did knock myself out of Ketosis :( of well, best hope for the week is 4.4lb as need 8.8lb to reach the 13s and a total of 2st lost but will be happy 3.5lb or more.
Happy happy happy

Good job on the loss it won't take long to hit your goals.
Hopefully you go back in quickly.

Feeling a-ok now, think I was mistaking early morning thirst for hunger. Have had 1.5ltr of water and 2 green teas so far and about to have a shake. Green tea is such a great way to keep warm and a nice change to water.

I can't do this any more. Just binged on bars so 1 shake and 3 bars. Feel rubbish about it and i just want to eat food again. No money until pay day though so I have to plough on. I'm on the verge of tears here for failing bit I can't stand not eating.

Just had the last bar in the house. Only have shakes left now. Hoping this is a good thing and tonight is a blip. This is how I got to a size 18 in the first place and what I was trying to avoid. I do want to stick with this. I really do want to stuck with this. I want the results, I want everything I listed on my motivation post so why am I am sitting on my ass in tears rather than staying focused. I hate myself right now. I've gone 21 days and now feel like this. What's going on. Argh.
Sorry rant over for now.

Doing AAM today, all I could get quickly from Morrisons was a chicken and cous cous salad at 250 kcal. I think I might do AAM Sat and Sun infuture, so rather than going more than 3 weeks without food I have something to look forward too.

Hey sorry to read you were having such a rubbish time last night. I'm a newbie (day 1!) so I don't know exactly what you are going through (yet!) but look how well you have done so far, and how much you have lost. Hope I can survive for 21 days before I have a blip!
What does AAM stand for?
x

Hey, it's not failing. This is a really hard diet to do 100%. You've been amazing - allow yourself a little slip-up but try not to beat yourself up about it. All this time we've all been engaged in some pretty bad habits then took the vlcd plunge. Just think of all the days you HAVEN'T binged. You're losing weight! You fell out of ketosis, maybe. Factor in an extra pack until you're back in. You're STILL doing amazingly xxx

Thank you for all the support.
AAM week is add a meal.
I've decided to write the last couple of days off, yesterday I ended up buying a Morrisons "nu me" chicken tikka ready meal and having it for dinner. An deffo out of Ketosis but feel a lot more able to continue Exante now. Looking back I can see that this blow out was brewing for a while so won't beat myself up.
As you said Calorina, it's a very tough diet and I did well to last as long as I did.
I did weigh this morning and was exactly the same as WI day, I can live with that. Have been 100% so far today. And actually, realising I can have a bad day and recover is quite empowering. I'm not scared anymore and saying to myself, "ok you miss eating today but in xx days you're having a night out and can be "normal" for a night looking and feeling better than today" will be really useful.
Hope all is going well for everyone else. -x-

Good morning all. It's Monday and I'm getting back on track, not restarting as its still last of my journey. Took yesterday off completely, the scales shoe I've put on 1.4lb but I was at my mums and it was good to have proper hearty food. That puts me at still 18lb lighter than 3.5 weeks ago and a STS or 1lb loss on Thursday would be great. I know the next couple of days will be horrible, I've got my onsie and slanket at the ready to just crash out after work.
One good thing is my size 16 jeans fell off (literraly down to my knees) while doing housework on Saturday.

Calorina, your AAM sounded fab. Grotty here in Kettering too I'm affraid :( will update more later.

I'm so impressed with the way you're handling this (and with your trousers falling down...). It's excellent. And you've got the right idea for the days ahead! This time next week I'll probably be on my way back into ketosis after my Saturday off, so I hope I follow your example!

Back