Kellmo's conso (sort of)

They say the rash is part of the virus and going to observe for the next hour then he might be let home xxx sooo worried xxx

I bet you are. There's nothing worse than watching your babies (or grandbabies I suppose) be so poorly whilst you feel so helpless. I hope he's much better very soon x

Uni today :-/

Breakfast - muffin, rhubarb and ffff

Lunch - large chicken and veg stir fry (at uni)

Tea - 2 oranges, jelly, slices of roast beef. (Will also have something 'proper')

Proper tea - 2 boiled eggs, ham and beetroot.

A few sugar free werthers! 3 proper sweets nicked off kids!

Last edited:
Fantastic Kell. well done :bunnydance::bunnydance:

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - ham salad with leaves, avocado, tomatoes, beetroot, onion

Tea - 2 quorn peppercorn steak thingies, broccoli.

Snacks - SF jelly, ffff with SF jelly crystals.

Hello all,

I'm struggling with Dukan. Hence the reason I've not been posting. I've been binge eating - for three days now I have eaten like a complete pig eating anything in sight, buying junk etc. I think I did this because I am worries about my daughter and a bit stressed with uni and work. My daughter is 8 and she is seriously underweight, the GP has told us she must gain weight and his has got me thinking (as well as eating.) For a while now I have been considering the amount of artificial sweetener and meat/eggs I consume, a colossal amount and its making me feel a bit ill. Ive not had a fries egg for a week - the thought makes me feel ill. Maybe I'm sick of it or maybe every time I teach for the canderel I am reading the "warning - contains a source of phenylalanine" - that's carcinogenic - can cause cancer right? Eeekkkks.

My mind set has changed a bit. Through analysis what food I have in my cupboards and fridge I'm finding so many preservatives, artificial this and that, colourants, additives etc. I've been to my sisters today and studied her cupboards and fridge (as you so when you're a struggling ex fatty!) and she has nothing but 'proper' food in her house. She doesn't believe in low fat, sweetener, processed stuff (the occasional chippy, takeaway she has) but its all fresh wholesome stuff (admittedly some organic and lots of full fat) and she is healthy (although she has never had a weight problem so doesn't understand that mind set of 'diet food')

I think the combination of

1. My daughters health (and looking at the foods she eats - low fat everything - all because of me, I even put her on skimmed milk and low fat yogurts, I feel terribly guilty)

2. The niggling doubt that dukan can't be healthy long term (this may or may not be true?) - all the meat and sweetener?!?!

3. The craving for lots of fresh, healthy fruit and veg - thoughts of pure protein days are knocking me sick

4. The out of control bingeing I do when I 'fall off' the dukan bus - and I mean BINGE. The other week I ate so much I wanted to throw up - I didn't, I will seek help if I ever do that purposefully.

All these things have got me to thinking that dukan isn't right for me right now. This is so scary. Scary because I need to get my daughter healthy and I don't actually have the willpower to have those delicious, full fat foods that she needs in my house without eating them. (That's a huge part of it)

SO. I am considering changing my game plan to intermittent fasting (the 5:2 plan). I've done quite a bit of research on this - watched the horizon program, read up on the net etc and I think I am going to give it a whirl. I desperately want to be eating what I refer to as 'properly' - for at least most of my life. I don't want to have to fall off the dukan wagon to have a sweet or a a couple of apples when I shouldn't. I did the VLCD and it was tough but no where near as hard as this. This is tortuous for me. I obviously need to plan my 'down day' meals and work these to suitable, boring days when I'm in work and then I plan to eat sensibly (5 a day, brown bread, real butter, fresh salad, homemade cakes with proper ingredients no additives, the occasional treat) for the other 5 days. The more I type the more I want to do it but obviously I need help and support and I don't want to leave you all - you've all been ace and in Jellie and Sid and Pauline, Tamara I have found such strength (and through others too.)

Am I making sense?

I'm scared I'll put weight on basically. I'm scared I won't know how to cope with uddd and fall off any kind of plan all together and fail. I'm also scared that it won't work and I will gain weight. All I am sure of is I need to consider my daughter in this now - she needs proper food and to be able to help her properly AND maintain my own weight I can't carry on with Dukan.

I've rattled on for an age. What do you all think?

Kellmo x

Awwww Kell xxx Your daughter has to be your priority. But I must say my sons are 6 foot and healthy and were brought up on skimmed/semiskimmed milk. Didn't know chicken had skin and low fat yoghurts were the norm. Have had artificial sweeteners on cereal with no harm to them. Your DD may be underweight but I would say not because of those things. Some children are naturally thin with the busy active lives and some doctors are scare mongers. You must help dd to a healthy weight but as for you. The binging is part of your weight issues not Dukan Kell, and if your prone to that it will happen on any diet. We will all support you in what you decide but this juddd is that a good example to show DD also????? eating what you like one day (binge) then starving the next. Im beeing devils advocate hear xxx. You have been ill for weeks and I think its put you down its knocked your spirit for six. And as for long term Dukan I have never ate as healthy. Meat and veg all fresh daily, with little saturated fats and a little bit of what I fancy when I fancy it ie gala day, isint that a normal eating plan ? over eating protien when necessary has got to be better than chinese and chocolate. Well thats my opinion and we will be hear for you every step of the way. It will be interesting to see other opinions lol you have opened the flood gates but we all feel the inner torment of llong term dieting. Also have you read maintainers diary as shes sort of going to do what your planning with reference to healthy eating I think is the better choice out of healthy v juddd. Keep posing chuck xxx see if your mindset is in a more balanced place today. And above all stop stressing xxx

Hey Kell

Feeling your pain, me darlin'. I tried JUDDD last year but it wasn't for me as, after a lifetime of dieting, I have no idea how to eat 'normally'. I do believe it's a healthy regime if done correctly though, as fasting has so many and varied health benefits.

Ultimately, a mum's gotta do what a mum's gotta do. The best and toughest job in the world! ;)

Don't be too hard on yourself and please do keep posting, otherwise there will be a big Kell-shaped hole that we can't fill! ;)

Mwah
P x

Oh thanks girls, I've been up half the night thinking, worrying, researching. I'm all confused I don't know what to do - which plan to follow. Sid you're right - my bingeing is my issue, not Dukan and P you're right - maybe I don't know how to eat 'normally' after being over weight so long.

I am a very guilt ridden person (stems from issues in my childhood), I think when I eat something I shouldn't I feel guilty, to make myself feel better I comfort eat which is evidently just a massive vicious circle. It's stopping that's the hard thing - this is the first binge I've had that's gone over one day and I've not bounced right back but if I'm honest I know it will happen whichever diet plan I follow. Maybe I'm kidding myself that I will be able to eat sensibly. I desperately desperately don't want to go back to how I was in my previous life and yet I do this?! I self sabotage my good efforts ALL the time. My cousins wedding is a week on Saturday and I know I have to be in my beautiful frock, it's like I dare myself to eat all I can and then do PP to get me back to goal just in the nick of time.

This damned virus sure hasn't helped - my body did need more food (stodge) to recover and this triggered the old guilt switch yadda yadda.

I'm confused, confused what to do long term and very short term which is scary - what do I have to eat today?!?!

Thank you SO much for your replies and support, I couldn't do this without you, if I papped on like this away from here people would shove a cake in my gob just to shut me up!

Please keep posting too!

Kellmo. X

Every thing you wrote about the guilt is ME, I could have wrote that plea. I cant shake off years food=.......... I have fought for years with binge and purge, which I am ashamed about. I have a photo of me overweight in a polka dot bikini and a cigarette in my hand In in my late twenty's and wish I could get 'that' mindset back. It was before I started the diet war with myself. I could eat anything without guilt a precious place to be. The self sabotage is so difficult for anyone who hasn't experienced it to understand. xxx Hang on in there Kell and keep posting. You just need time to think xxx theres no rush xxx

Really Sid? Scary isn't it?

I made myself a dukan friendly breakfast - lean bacon, boiled eggs, savoury galette and mushrooms - I couldn't even eat half, I just felt so sick and 'full' of protein. I binned it.

I'm currently in ikea with the family and I have had half a banana, a prawn salad with half an organic bread roll and a yogurt. Feel much better. Resisting sweets bought by my sister though :-/

I think I'm going to go for the 5:2 plan - I actually think my body is telling me no more dukan - for now at least.

I had sausage casserole with potatoes and green beans for tea. Bought a load of seeds, nuts and bits for some home made granola.

Thanks SO much guys x x

Last edited:
Back