Total Solution LastEverDiet's last ever diet journal!

Yeah, you'd think! And the fact I still cook every night for him and DS...
Will have to show him your post and see if I can convince him!

Tell him I said he has to take you away!!! :D

Why is it that we are still cooking for everyone.....just shows what amazing willpower we have :)

:wavey: x

Just popping in to say hello!

How you getting on with AAMW now?

x

Finding AAMW really hard actually.... yesterday ended up eating a few olives at a friends, and then two spoonsful of shephards pie filling at my mums, and then had oil/ butter on my veg - I know its not a huge amount really but it's what I normally do on diets, gradually add a sip of this and a mouthful of that until I'm back up to my normal eating! Am going to try really really hard to stick to the AAM rules today, no tastes of anything and one 400cal meal tonight...
On the plus side have finally shifted 1lb on the scales this morning, with 2 days til WI - will be v thankful if I manage 2lbs this week!
Back onto TS 100% for 4 weeks on Friday, hopefully a bit more in control next AAM week

sounds like add a meal week is tough, I haven't really done that I've just done more TS than WS and that has worked for me. I'm giving TS a proper go this week too.

Finding AAMW really hard actually.... yesterday ended up eating a few olives at a friends, and then two spoonsful of shephards pie filling at my mums, and then had oil/ butter on my veg - I know its not a huge amount really but it's what I normally do on diets, gradually add a sip of this and a mouthful of that until I'm back up to my normal eating! Am going to try really really hard to stick to the AAM rules today, no tastes of anything and one 400cal meal tonight...
On the plus side have finally shifted 1lb on the scales this morning, with 2 days til WI - will be v thankful if I manage 2lbs this week!
Back onto TS 100% for 4 weeks on Friday, hopefully a bit more in control next AAM week

You are doing great and only a couple more days to go! I didn't really do AAM week but last week (wk5) I had a meal on 2 days so will count that!.

Good luck with your WI.

:wavey: x

Yeah I think next time I might alternate WS and TS for a week and see if that helps me keep in control.
Today have so far had one and a half shakes and nothing else, although I was at a birthday party with my son and was very tempted - party food has always been my downfall and I've been to 4 birthday parties since starting Exante, so far without any slips! Did smell a ham sandwich for a while today though :eek:

Ok, got through yesterday 100% WS, and feel much better about staying in control. Today is my final AAM day - just had one shake so far and will have another before my celebratory trip to Nandos tonight - spicy chicken and salad, yum yum :)
After my weight not moving for the first 4 days of AAM week I've now lost 2 lbs, which has brought me into the 14 somethings... first time since I got pregnant so woohoo! Of course it just makes me impatient to get into the 13somethings (then 12s, then 11s!) but that just makes me more motivated. This time I promise I'm not going to regain the weight! I think last time I didn't really think about my eating issues, and certainly didn't have to confront my emotional eating - doing low cal diets I'd just binge on low cal treats whenever I felt I needed something... exante is helping me deal with this, and I've realised that I simply can't go back to eating how I used to if I want to stay slim and healthy (yeah, durrr) and that actually how I used to eat wasn't normal and what I used to eat certainly wasn't in normal portions!
Looking more likely too that we'll be having a little mini-break end of sept/ beginning of october - if I stay on track I'll have lost 4stone by then :)

yey on all accounts, mini break and weight loss and getting back to WS/TS. I do feel the way forward is a mix of WS and TS meals'm having a celebratory meal with my hubby on Sunday to celebrate me being slimmer than I have ever been in our 7 years together.

Ok, got through yesterday 100% WS, and feel much better about staying in control. Today is my final AAM day - just had one shake so far and will have another before my celebratory trip to Nandos tonight - spicy chicken and salad, yum yum :)
After my weight not moving for the first 4 days of AAM week I've now lost 2 lbs, which has brought me into the 14 somethings... first time since I got pregnant so woohoo! Of course it just makes me impatient to get into the 13somethings (then 12s, then 11s!) but that just makes me more motivated. This time I promise I'm not going to regain the weight! I think last time I didn't really think about my eating issues, and certainly didn't have to confront my emotional eating - doing low cal diets I'd just binge on low cal treats whenever I felt I needed something... exante is helping me deal with this, and I've realised that I simply can't go back to eating how I used to if I want to stay slim and healthy (yeah, durrr) and that actually how I used to eat wasn't normal and what I used to eat certainly wasn't in normal portions!
Looking more likely too that we'll be having a little mini-break end of sept/ beginning of october - if I stay on track I'll have lost 4stone by then :)

Woohoo to the 14s!!! It's such a good feeling to break a stone barrier, particularly when you haven't seen that number for years!! :D

I totally know what you mean about a VLCD making you think long and hard about your relationship with food. I'm thinking I'll appreciate "normal" sized portions of healthy balanced foods so much more now. That's so great that you're getting time to think about all of this stuff - like you say, it should make lifetime maintenance so much easier.

Enjoy your nandos!! Excellent way to end your AAMW *drools*...

xx

Nandos was tasty although either my tastebuds have changed or their piri piri sauces are way hotter!!
So thats AAM week over, am glad I did it to experience some of the temptations I'll have when I'm at maintenance... managed to be really good for the last two days and just have my one meal (and not let anything else sneak in) and lost 2lbs so thats ok - hardly record breaking by Exante standards but its still the same as 4 packs of butter!
Going to be 100% TS this week, I think... have a BBQ to go to this weekend with a group I'm not particularly close friends with - if it was my friends I'd just tell them I'm not eating but it might cause some comments... maybe I'll just get a plate of food and feed it all to DS who seems to have a massive appetite these days!

2lbs is a great loss of AAM week so well done :)

I have a bbq too but it's my own and I will be eating. Going to marinade some chicken in garlic, ginger and soy so hoping it will be good. May sneak a burger too but that's it. My mum will make sure I behave!!!

2lb is great, but I know exactly what you mean for some reason the number just doesn't have to wow factor like 3 or 4 lbs. But now you are back on TS hopefully AAM week will give you a boost and next week you will see those wow factor numbers.

Hope your day out with your friends goes well, let us know how you get on x

Well done on the 2lb loss - that's still amazing and I'll bet you see a great result next week.

I still want nandos lol... I'm not surprised that it seemed hotter though - exante seems to do weird things to the tastebuds.

Good luck with the BBQ - it should be ok (and tasty!) for WS choices. Although like you said, you could take a big plate of salad and other bits to feed to your DS and I'm sure no one will notice - as long as you have a plate and food in your hand!

Have a lovely day xx

Thanks Elmer, Crims and Scotminx for checking in! :)
well got straight back on with TS yesterday, did feel strange during the day knowing I wasn't going to get an evening meal, and wasn't massively looking forward to my soup but in the end didn't get very hungry so had to drink it quickly just before bed. Day 2 back on TS going fine, working from home while DH takes DS for the day so enjoying the peace and quiet and drinking my shakes! I bought 2 months supply a few weeks ago (one box shakes and soups and one box shakes and bars) but after that might just go for shakes, as I think they're the tastiest products and satisfy me enough. The only thing is I'd have to watch my caffeine intake as I make them all into iced coffees these days!
BBQ tomorrow have decided I'm definitely not going to eat, will just feed DS off my plate and if anyone asks I'll just tell them I'm on a diet, no biggie! I havent seen any of them since before I started Exante so I'm sure they'll notice I've lost weight anyway!
Have a lovely weekend all :)

I'm more of a shakes girl too, I hope the BBQ went well xxx

Just checking in to say hello - how did you get on at the BBQ?

I had a bit of a BBQ disaster myself yesterday (major protein picking!!) so it's back to TS for me. I was on a slippery slope so need to just remove food from the equation again.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

xx

Got through the BBQ OK thanks! It was quite a big event where you could just go up and help yourself, so I just got a small plate of food and fed it to DS. I'm so worried about getting on that slippery slope that I didn't want to start, although some of the meat smelt soooo good! Have been treating myself today with my new all-time favourite shake - 1/2 vanilla 1/2 choc with coffee, sweetener and ice, so had one as soon as I got home and didn't feel too deprived!
Also helps that I've dropped 3lbs already in the 2 days since going back on TS, and feel a nice healthy weigh-in coming on friday if I stick at it! My sticker chart also helps me :eek: as I get a sticker for days when I'm 100% on plan and have to leave a gap when I'm not... hate looking at those gaps! Helps me see exactly how much I've been on plan - all too easy for me a have a treat here and there and not even realise otherwise.
Ok, off to have my soup and make chilli for DH and DS, lucky boys :D

Well done LED, sounds like you coped with the BBQ really well.

The sticker chart is a great idea!! Do you have rewards planned for a certain number of stickers (over and above getting slimmer and feeling fabulous of course!)?

x

Dont have any rewards for getting stickers on my TS chart, but also have a weight loss sticker chart! Think I might have mentioned before that I love sticker charts!! With that I get a reward every half stone -makeup, new trainers, ipod shuffle... its getting quite expensive as hitting goals quicker than I ever have on any other diet! Might have to switch the big ones to every stone with just a little one for the half stones :)

Back