Laura's last EVER diet!!

Feeling good today, no hangover thank god!! I should stick (mostly) to vodka from now on, think it agrees with me more than wine.

Back to 5 syn days until wi to keep below weekly syns! Today's food:-

B- bacon, eggs, beans, wedges (super free rubbish, but will make up for it with lunch)

L- super free root veg soup, nimble bread (Hex B)

D- sausages (2 syns) smash, gravy (2 syns) onions, roasted carrots.

S- laughing cow lights x 5 (hex A)

Looking good to me - just off to make my 'breakfast' now - love a Sunday lie in!!
Have a good day everyone xxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone! On my way into work a little later today, thought I'd treat myself to a lie in (got up at 7 instead of 6.15) and I am feeling good, just hoping the later busses get me in on time haha!

It's WI tonight and I'm not feeling very confident, I've had a good week, compensated for my night out on Saturday by having 5 syn days and my scales don't appear to be budging at all!! I'm gutted, finding it so much more difficult to lose since before my Xmas few weeks off track!!

Fingers crossed my scales are wrong and I get a nice surprise! Thank god that as of Friday (moving day) I will no longer have scales in the house, so won't be able to torture myself daily!! X

Good luck hun, I will have my fingers crossed for you. Eei, moving day is SO close!

Morning everyone!! Sorry not been around in a while but have been pretty busy (an a little off plan :) ) just little things like an extra glass of wine on Sunday night, a few Pringles on say afternoon, and mega convenience tea of over pizza on say before we finally went for our first tesco shop. Am absolutely loving the new house, but cannot wait for OH to get home on sat night!!

Had weigh in last night and lost a half lb, which I was please with after slipping up those few times, bit annoying as the 2 weeks before I was 100% and lost half or STS too! But ho hum got to keep plodding on!

Now for the REALLY exciting news, I have a job interview on Friday!!! I mentioned a little while ago that I was sick of teaching and that I hate the quality of life I have due to the stress of the job and the fact that I ALWAYS have to bring work home! So I applied for the post of a deputy manager of an academy nursery (slight pay cut, but permanent contract!) thinking I was seriously under-qualified for the business/management side of things, but over qualified for the teaching and assessment side. Anyway they rang me on Monday and I've an interview on Friday, waiting for my letter to tell me what I need to prepare - hoping its not loads as I don't have much time but the letter should come today! It's a really big step taking a non-teaching job, and a big career change too, but I think I would LOVE it!!

Today's food:-

Breakfast- Special K bites (5 syns) rubbig brekkie but sooo easy when I'm running late!

L- 1 slice wm bread (hex B) baked beans, mullerlight, sunbites (4 syns)

D- SW quiche (with extra onion) and SW wedges, BBQ sauce (1 syn)

S- fondant fancy (4.5 syns)

Horrendous day superfree wise, usually Try to make sure I have 1/3 at least with lunch and dinner, an have fruit as a mid morning snack to make up for lack of with early breakfast. Will be better tomorrow.

14.5 syns today

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OMG massive congratulations on the job interview. I hope it goes brilliantly for you!

I think we are scarily in syn. First the age thing, then both moving in with OHs at the same time, and NOW the nursery thing. I basically did the exact same thing as you and took a leap of faith and applied for something I am not qualified for in loads of ways, and over-qualified for in many other ways. Same with the pay-cut, I too will be taking one. But I imagine myself being WAY happier. What kind of responsibilities would you have? Would it be rosters etc? My job is an actual 'childcare worker' but I am going to be hugely involved in many other aspects such as the setting up as a drama club for after-school kids. My plan is to really do a good job and hopefully eventually manage one of the nurseries and then some day further down the line open up my own school! That's the dream. It is a HUGE change for me. I done me BA in English, my Masters in Drama and then mix that up with 5 years of working in a theatre and then 7 months admin in a college and here I am going in to childcare!! It is so utterly random but I CANNOT wait! I absolutely love children and I cant wait to work with them every day. I will be learning everything from scratch and its hard to sort of justify it to people because in Ireland you only have to do a 1 year course to work in childcare and I have done a 3 year degree and then a Masters for another year and only then did I decide its what I want to do. I think I realised it is what will make me happy! I would love to eventually move in to a more management role but I also love the idea of being able to leave work in work. I know that I am going to give it 100% though and I can't wait. The school I am going to be working in is AMAZING. State of the art, amazing security and goegeous paintings of disney characters in every room etc. It is stunning! My old job was easy to get to but I didnt like it. This new job will be kind of a pain to get to but when I am there I hope to be very happy. I start Monday :D

In your role would you be working with the children at all or would it be staff management?

x

OMG massive congratulations on the job interview. I hope it goes brilliantly for you!

I think we are scarily in syn. First the age thing, then both moving in with OHs at the same time, and NOW the nursery thing. I basically did the exact same thing as you and took a leap of faith and applied for something I am not qualified for in loads of ways, and over-qualified for in many other ways. Same with the pay-cut, I too will be taking one. But I imagine myself being WAY happier. What kind of responsibilities would you have? Would it be rosters etc? My job is an actual 'childcare worker' but I am going to be hugely involved in many other aspects such as the setting up as a drama club for after-school kids. My plan is to really do a good job and hopefully eventually manage one of the nurseries and then some day further down the line open up my own school! That's the dream. It is a HUGE change for me. I done me BA in English, my Masters in Drama and then mix that up with 5 years of working in a theatre and then 7 months admin in a college and here I am going in to childcare!! It is so utterly random but I CANNOT wait! I absolutely love children and I cant wait to work with them every day. I will be learning everything from scratch and its hard to sort of justify it to people because in Ireland you only have to do a 1 year course to work in childcare and I have done a 3 year degree and then a Masters for another year and only then did I decide its what I want to do. I think I realised it is what will make me happy! I would love to eventually move in to a more management role but I also love the idea of being able to leave work in work. I know that I am going to give it 100% though and I can't wait. The school I am going to be working in is AMAZING. State of the art, amazing security and goegeous paintings of disney characters in every room etc. It is stunning! My old job was easy to get to but I didnt like it. This new job will be kind of a pain to get to but when I am there I hope to be very happy. I start Monday :D

In your role would you be working with the children at all or would it be staff management?

x

Thanks lovely, it would be heavily based on working with the children (like you I wouldn't go for it otherwise!) with responsibility for leading and guiding a team of nursery nurses, improving the provision, and then the managerial side. Interview is 1.40pm today, and in education you normally find out that day so fingers crossed I will know by tonight! X

All went well thanks Fran, will hear back next week! Teaching part was good, feel I answered all of the questions completely - feel happy with how I've done, but also feel its possible others may be suited to this particular job, so we will see! :) just read your diary, sounds like you've had a great day xxx

All went well thanks Fran, will hear back next week! Teaching part was good, feel I answered all of the questions completely - feel happy with how I've done, but also feel its possible others may be suited to this particular job, so we will see! :) just read your diary, sounds like you've had a great day xxx

Best of luck hun, i'll be rooting for ya! X

Best of luck hun, i'll be rooting for ya! X

Hi everyone, sorry for being such a stranger, I've been horrendous food wise for weeks, well and truly lost the plot, but today I am BACK ON TRACK!!

Going to get weighed in tomorrow, hope doing it in the morning will be a bit of a saving grace!! Back to food diary-ing here everyday from NOW!

Today-
B- beans, bacon (fat trimmed), scrambled eggs, 1 x w/meal toast (HEX B)

L- jacket, flora light (2 syns), cheese (HEX A) apple.

D- SW quiche (with extra onion) SW chips, and roasted carrots.

S- fondest fancy (5.5 syns)

7.5 syns for the day.

WELCOME BACK! mm fondent fancy *drools* I can eat a pack of those.

Me too Fran...have scoffed 2 packs in 2 weeks! Haven't actually had one - don't think I'm going to bother! Have only had 2.5syns today, may keep it at that! WI tomorrow which I don't feel too confident about anyway, a low syn day might do me a wee favour!! X

Today-
B- beans, bacon (fat trimmed), scrambled eggs, 1 x w/meal toast (HEX B)

L- jacket, flora light (2 syns), cheese (HEX A) apple.

D- SW quiche (with extra onion) SW chips, and roasted carrots. BBQ Sauce (0.5 syns)

2.5 syns today

Tomorrow's food-

B- none (WI at 10am)

Brunch- bacon and onion SW quiche, apple.

Lunch- (if wanted) jacket with baked beans (pub lunch)

Dinner- SW lasagne (HEX A) 1.5 syns

Snack - HEX B - 2x alpen light.

Morning everyone! Praying for a reasonable weigh in this morning, even though I don't deserve it...hoping getting weighed at 10am as opposed to 7pm may be a bit of a saving grace! I'm about to get out of bed now, and make a SW lasagne ready for dinner tonight when my friend comes :) so pleased I've decided to get back on track yesterday rather than waiting til tomorrow - even though today will have to be a flexi day due to going out tonight I will stick to my food plan rigidly and plan to stick with vodka and diet mixers tonight! Don't weigh in again til next tues so I think I may be ok! X

I stayed the same at weigh in, which I was really pleased with, however I weighed in at 10am as opposed to 7pm so I am aware that I probably had a small gain in actual fact, so I'm having to be REALLY good this week. Today is day 1 of my week, and so far I've had SW lasagne, with lots of superfree in there, it's my HEX A and 1.5 syns.

I have two big portions left so will be having it for lunch tomorrow and maybe give some round to MIL.

Going to mums tomorrow for tea - so will check what she is making today so I can plan it in :)

Going to have two alpen lights for my HEX B today, and not sure about tea, maybe lasagne if I am hungry and if not probably a jacket with beans.

It feels soo good to finally be back on plan and in control! Determined to stick to it this week and get back to losing weight consistently! X

Bit of a weird one today -
Brunch - sw lasagne (HEX A) 1.5 syns (inc tinned toms, passata, peppers and onions for super free)

Snack - 2 x Alpen lights (HEX B)

Dinner - 2 x low fat sausages (3 syns) smash, flora light (0.5 syns) gravy (1syns) roasted carrots.

Now just trying to decide if I want a little something sweet or not... Think I will leave it at 6 syns, a couple of low syn days may do me good after last night!

Back