Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

Well done Lauren - I need a bit of what you had to get me started! I am of on holiday to Australia in August for my third wedding anniversary - I really need to loose for that!

Hi Lauren, don't know how I kept missing your diary. You've had a fantastic start. Well done! X

Hmm.. I don't think my idea of having one day off a week on weigh in day is gonna work out for me. After yesterday I feel bloated, crampy, miserable & I'm craving all the wrong sorts of foods now too.. I almost feel like I've let myself down, because I did so well last week & then

That's why I'm going to switch back to my original plan & the plan I followed last week.. so I'll be bumping my cals back up to 1500, but rather than having a set calorie allowance each day I'll have some lower & some higher days, and just make sure that over the course of a week my calories average out to 1500 a day.

At least this way I can have treats when I fancy them permitting their within my calorie allowance, and I don't have to feel guilty or rubbish afterwards because its a regimented plan & every single treat is counted for.

Yesterday's treats have just made me crave more, and I'm so miserable & frustrated today because all I can think about is binging on junk food! I don't wanna feel this way & I don't want my binge habit coming back to bite me on the arse, so treat days are definitely out of the question!!

Just want today to hurry up, so I can stick to plan & ignore the cravings and hope they go away! And I pray I have a good loss next Sunday!!

Hey sweet, I think today will be a real test for you but you absolutely CAN get through it! I think if it was me I would plan out the days food, maybe have some treats in there if you can and be sure to read over your goals for doing it. If you feel wobbly just pop on here and im sure one of us can keep you going! I'm struggling hugely as all I want to do is binge so we're all in the same boat... You're doing fab so we know you can do it! :)

Hey sweet, I think today will be a real test for you but you absolutely CAN get through it! I think if it was me I would plan out the days food, maybe have some treats in there if you can and be sure to read over your goals for doing it. If you feel wobbly just pop on here and im sure one of us can keep you going! I'm struggling hugely as all I want to do is binge so we're all in the same boat... You're doing fab so we know you can do it! :)

It's so tough! I keep daydreaming about going home, popping my pyjamas on and binging on chocolate and cakes! I'm trying to forget about it but seems like it's easier said than done. Definitely gonna have to read through my goals and get some motivation as to why I'm doing this!

I hear ya, im on the sofa in my pj's...halfway there aha! Also I just weighed as I was feeling really down and the result was hugely higher than I thought, so now im thinking im gunna have to change my plan as this clearly isnt working for me :(

Hi, Lauren! I think you're right to forget the idea of weekly treat days, they really can derail you, especially in the early days of weight loss. As you say, have more calories in the week and build smaller treats in there. One of my colleagues brought cream cakes in today for his birthday, and after lots of deliberation I had a small cream and jam scone, 225 cals - it was yummy and because I moved some things round on MFP to accommodate it, I was able to enjoy it guilt-free. That's the joy of calorie counting. :) xx

I've had a bit of a wake up call this evening, and I'm not even sure how to put into words what I need to say..

First and foremost, I didn't wanna post this cause everyone whose been so proud of me is gonna think I've failed.. but yesterday I had a day off as you all know, & today I've gone and binged. This has shown me that days off, cheat days, treat days or whatever you wanna call them - they DON'T work for me anymore..

Ever since I had a day off yesterday I've felt bloated, miserable, crabby & just craved junk food something terrible. I was absolutely fine before yesterday & the craving for junk food and chocolate was slowly starting to fade.. but eating my trigger foods yesterday just gave me the taste for them and all day I wanted chocolate & cake, and ended up coming home from work and binging on them.

The only good thing about today is that I've learnt my lesson.. I can't have indulgent days because I just don't know when to stop & it triggers my binge eating and spirals it out of control. To be honest I think I need to cut actual chocolate out for a while, as when I have a little I end up going nuts and having mountains.. I'm okay with chocolate substitutes such as chocolate philly or aero mousses, but chocolate bars are a no no.

This is a lifestyle change, and it's not a healthy lifestyle to binge once a week.. especially not when I can't even stick to one day off and one day turns into two & then two into three etc...

I want to incorporate treats everyday, which is why I'm gonna stick to 1500 calories as therefore I can have good sized meals that fill me up & also have a little treat each evening like my favoured pancakes with chocolate philly!

I'm also gonna TRY and set my alarm an hour earlier on weekdays, meaning I'll get up at 4am rather than 5am just so I can do 30 day shred before work. My motive is that exercising early in the morning will give me a positive boost for the rest of the day... and I'm also so tired after work & preoccupied with LO that I don't have much time or energy for a good workout.

I'm not starting a fresh tomorrow as I would've in the past.. I'm accepting yesterday & today, learning my lesson and moving on. Tomorrows a new day and I'm hoping with sticking to 1500 and exercising that I'll at least stay the same on Sunday & not gain.. and a loss would be a bonus.

Anyway, I hope nobody is too disappointed in me :( I think the whole losing weight journey is a learning curve.

You have come so far Lauren, you're not writing the week etc off you are drawing your line, learning from it and getting back to it! You need to find out what works for you and it certainly seems like you are so no1 can be disappointed in you doll x

Well I'm certainly not disappointed in you Lauren. You tried something - having a weekly treat day - and it didn't work for you. So you've learned that lesson, acknowledged the problem, and are moving on from it. Well done! :) I think previously you might have just given up and we wouldn't have seen you on the forum for a while, but you haven't, you're here looking for support.

I know exactly what you mean about chocolate - I've done that myself for the last 18 months. I do have cereal bars with chocolate on them, Options drinks etc., but as you say, no actual chocolate bars except as infrequent treats (and I didn't even have treats for about the first five months).

Just do what you've suggested, carry on, and be proud of the progress you're making! :) xx

I've had a bit of a wake up call this evening, and I'm not even sure how to put into words what I need to say..

First and foremost, I didn't wanna post this cause everyone whose been so proud of me is gonna think I've failed.. but yesterday I had a day off as you all know, & today I've gone and binged. This has shown me that days off, cheat days, treat days or whatever you wanna call them - they DON'T work for me anymore..

Ever since I had a day off yesterday I've felt bloated, miserable, crabby & just craved junk food something terrible. I was absolutely fine before yesterday & the craving for junk food and chocolate was slowly starting to fade.. but eating my trigger foods yesterday just gave me the taste for them and all day I wanted chocolate & cake, and ended up coming home from work and binging on them.

The only good thing about today is that I've learnt my lesson.. I can't have indulgent days because I just don't know when to stop & it triggers my binge eating and spirals it out of control. To be honest I think I need to cut actual chocolate out for a while, as when I have a little I end up going nuts and having mountains.. I'm okay with chocolate substitutes such as chocolate philly or aero mousses, but chocolate bars are a no no.

This is a lifestyle change, and it's not a healthy lifestyle to binge once a week.. especially not when I can't even stick to one day off and one day turns into two & then two into three etc...

I want to incorporate treats everyday, which is why I'm gonna stick to 1500 calories as therefore I can have good sized meals that fill me up & also have a little treat each evening like my favoured pancakes with chocolate philly!

I'm also gonna TRY and set my alarm an hour earlier on weekdays, meaning I'll get up at 4am rather than 5am just so I can do 30 day shred before work. My motive is that exercising early in the morning will give me a positive boost for the rest of the day... and I'm also so tired after work & preoccupied with LO that I don't have much time or energy for a good workout.

I'm not starting a fresh tomorrow as I would've in the past.. I'm accepting yesterday & today, learning my lesson and moving on. Tomorrows a new day and I'm hoping with sticking to 1500 and exercising that I'll at least stay the same on Sunday & not gain.. and a loss would be a bonus.

Anyway, I hope nobody is too disappointed in me :( I think the whole losing weight journey is a learning curve.

Blah ... You've not let anyone down or yourself down ... You tried and realised Its not for you ... Forget today and carry on tomorrow with a spring in your step :-D
Life's full of ups and downs :) just carry on ... Hugs :)

Iv binged today. As far as I see it...s**t happens! We'll pick it up tomorrow and keep going. As long as we keep going, we'll get there in the end :)

I can't blame the snow.. it's not bloody snowing around here :( lol

Back on track tomorrow, bye bye binge face Lauren! & thanks everyone for your kind replies.. was worried I'd get a row off someone! Lol

I can't blame the snow.. it's not bloody snowing around here :( lol

Back on track tomorrow, bye bye binge face Lauren! & thanks everyone for your kind replies.. was worried I'd get a row off someone! Lol

Were all here to support each other ... And to try and say the right things lol :)
ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS :-D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My fitbit has arrived ... It says I used 563 cals before I Ben wore it .. Think this coz I was playing on the website long time ago .. May hav been something I entered in error ..?
Anyway I'm hoping it zeros at midnight so I can start properly tomorrow :)

My fitbit has arrived ... It says I used 563 cals before I Ben wore it .. Think this coz I was playing on the website long time ago .. May hav been something I entered in error ..?
Anyway I'm hoping it zeros at midnight so I can start properly tomorrow :)

The way they work is they calculate everyone's BMR based on their height, age, weight and sex, so that's automatic & the number will be divided by however many seconds in a day.. so for example if your BMR is 1500 then every second your fitbit will add like 0.017 calories burned... then your TDEE is worked out by adding calories burned through steps & floors climbed etc.

It'll reset at midnight & you'll have an accurate reading as of midnight then :)

Back