Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

The actual fitbit site :) its £79 on there and on amazon so I wanted from the genuine site cause its free next day delivery too.

Oooer ..
Is it like your tdee it's measuring ... ?? So if my tdee is 1900 that is what I should expect to see daily ..?? Or there abouts

Oooer ..
Is it like your tdee it's measuring ... ?? So if my tdee is 1900 that is what I should expect to see daily ..?? Or there abouts

Yeah it measures your BMR automatically by calculating your basic info like height, age and weight etc.. then the daily activity you do in the form of steps and floors climbed & miles walked totals up to your TDEE.. sleep efficiency contributes too cause judging from my results the past few days it seems like better quality sleep the more calories burned.. I thought my TDEE was 2500 judging by the results on online calculators, but its actually 2300. So I'm glad I bought it or I'd be overheating.

Yeah it measures your BMR automatically by calculating your basic info like height, age and weight etc.. then the daily activity you do in the form of steps and floors climbed & miles walked totals up to your TDEE.. sleep efficiency contributes too cause judging from my results the past few days it seems like better quality sleep the more calories burned.. I thought my TDEE was 2500 judging by the results on online calculators, but its actually 2300. So I'm glad I bought it or I'd be overheating.

Oh sod I've ordered one .... Gulp....
Havent told the hubster lol

I like the idea, but have no desire to get iPad/iPhone so I guess I'd be able to use it through website? Where do you wear it Lauren.

I have both :)
Love both :) I'm an apple girl x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wear it on my bra strap :) it supplies a wristband to wear it on during sleep, but shows on the packaging that for best results a female should wear it at the front on the bra strap between the cups & a male on their trousers.

Well I've weighed in a day early to make Sunday my weigh day, just because I have more time in the mornings to weigh on the weekend than I do on a Monday when I'm rushing around for work etc..

Pleased to report a 6lb loss my first week :)

So I'm 4lb away from hitting my 10lb target by the 1st of February.. and also gonna set myself a big goal to get down to a certain weight by the end of May for my surgery just in time for summer.

Gonna stick to an average daily calorie intake of 1500 a day like I did last week, even though my fitbit has me at burning 2300 a day so I'm only creating an 800 cal deficit rather than 1000... doing this because by hitting a weekly average of 1500 a day it means I can have a high calorie day for a bit of a treat & then 1300 the other days and that helps keep me on track :)

Gonna find my goals that I posted at the beginning of the diary & see if I can cross any off now. Happy Sunday everyone!

Well done Lauren what a result 6lb is great and you stuck to the week, it is the most positive I have seen you for ages on her and most determined to stick to one plan keep up the good work 4lb to first goal well done

Well done Lauren what a result 6lb is great and you stuck to the week, it is the most positive I have seen you for ages on her and most determined to stick to one plan keep up the good work 4lb to first goal well done

Thank you! I am determined now & it's a nice feeling :) the temptation to binge is still there but before I would've caved in without a second thought, but now that I'm doing well & feel happier & can see the weight falling off the last thing I wanna do is binge and ruin my hard work! Plus the sun has come out down here so it's encouragement to be slim this summer & make the most of the nice weather rather than hide away indoors like I've done the past few years.

See Lauren ..???!!!! All that stress and angst and you've had a great loss :) well done you x if I have only 7-14lbs to lose does that mean I'm eating too much at 1500 cals ..?? Maybe I am and indeed to reduce ..!! Well at least I'm jot gaining ... Ill wait until fitbit arrives and ill now exactly what my TDEE is then I can adjust..!

See Lauren ..???!!!! All that stress and angst and you've had a great loss :) well done you x if I have only 7-14lbs to lose does that mean I'm eating too much at 1500 cals ..?? Maybe I am and indeed to reduce ..!! Well at least I'm jot gaining ... Ill wait until fitbit arrives and ill now exactly what my TDEE is then I can adjust..!

Most of the time when you have very little to lose like yourself then you need to eat MORE calories or your body stresses and holds onto things apparently. Wait & see what your TDEE is when your fitbit arrives, you'll have to wait 2-3 days to get an accurate result & then adjust calories if you need too :) x

Most of the time when you have very little to lose like yourself then you need to eat MORE calories or your body stresses and holds onto things apparently. Wait & see what your TDEE is when your fitbit arrives, you'll have to wait 2-3 days to get an accurate result & then adjust calories if you need too :) x

You must be on a high today :)
I'm so pleased for you x

Back