Laurens Diary - couldnt think of a witty name :-)

lauren-1986

Feeling Motivated
Hi all,

I'm a Cambridge returner, did the diet last year & have now put 2 stone back on of the 3 1/2 I lost... My own stupid fault as I didn't follow the steps back up & quickly made friends with vino & late night curries again!

I found that writing things down really helped me last time e.g even if it was the most trivial thing, if I typed it out, I didn't resort to cheating.

Enjoy

Lauren x

Random Rant Número UNO....

So, I am on day 8 of the diet, have already had my first weigh in and lost 9lbs - good start! But weekends are the hardest time when following CD.

I've had THE most stressful day today... And am so glad that I've managed to stay the course on SS because usually right now I would be drowning in a bottle of wine & munching on a packet of something savoury!!

First, I wake up with some itchy spots on my feet... Low and behold, the cat has caught fleas, frustrating as I frontline her every month but the vet has said that apparently, fleas in my area have become immune to frontline! Joy! So I went to buy some flea spray & got some flea bombs/ carpet powder to do the house.

For the flea bombs you have to turn the smoke alarms off so I went to do this (at the mains) and accidentally turned all the mains electric off - put it straight back on - no problems eh... I wish, because I cut the power the burglar alarm started going - I don't know the code to turn it off. At this point I want to go and bury my head in the sand a.k.a go and hide in some fast food place until it stops.

Anyway, I managed to turn the circuit off for the alarm & the back up battery ran out & the alarm stopped - simples. No, at 9:30 tonight, the alarm resurrected itself, blaring out, neighbours very annoyed. Boyfriend annoyed as he wants to know what's going on - shouts at me & then we have to try & figure out a way of turning this damn thing off without a code.

I've now cut every wire on the main panel which seems to have shut the damn thing up, but my landlord will not be happy when he sees what we have resorted to!

The cat has been banished to the conservatory (hard floors) after a quick flea bath & a flea comb brush & I will have to sort her out more tomorrow. Right now though I feel I need comfort food.

Oh well, bed, no more alarm (fingers crossed) and fleas waged war on. Tomorrow will be a better day....

Wow! What a day :-0. Well done for not running to the cupboard. :) I'm day 3 done and a restarter so il keep you company :) 2 stone will be gone in no time :) xx

How are you finding it restarting? I thought about it lots but had to get to the right mindset again before I went back to my CDC.

Well done on getting to day 3, I would definitely say its harder this time around!

I'm finding it ok, it's definatley harder when your restarting there is always that risk of thinking what's another day of junk when 2 days Cambridge will get rid of it, I need to get out of the habit I want to do it get to goal while working through the steps and hopefully find a happy way of maintaining... I've had to watch the supersize superskinny and secret eaters just to keep me focused. I did a full month then gave in the. It took me another week to get restarted AGAIN! We are only human but id like to start for a family so I need a healthy bmi and a healthy attitude to diet ... How are you finding it x

Same here, finding it harder as there's always an excuse not to do CD - its taken me ages to get back on the wagon, my problem is the going out - I drink loads and then there's always a late night kebab / mcD's / curry to be had!!

I know that this time I need to follow the maintenance & I have a really nice CDC that I think will keep me on track as she will come to my house if I can't get to her - no excuses for not going!!!

X

If helps to have a good CDC, yes maintenance god the first time I did it I went down to 10st and I just went on a rampage and didn't learn a damn thing I can't and don't want to be revisiting CDC again after this time! I have the vanilla and sushi e orange together it's like lemon meringue I only use a little bit to sprinkle otherwise its intense and then I put the summer berry in the choc shakes it can make all the difference when im having a tough day. Don't get me wrong if I wasnt wanting to have babies imminent id take the country lane route and do southbeach but I am just a notorious dieter and I need to get my head on one plan get if off and maintain. If I didn't laugh at mysel I'd be crying :-/ lol x

So... Day 10... Today I'm feeling a bit dizzy :cry:I think that may just be because I have so much to think about at work ( we got a massive telling off today for being too lazy over the summer!) and combine that with a lack of calories because of SS etc... makes me want to scoff a massive pastry to be specific!

Anywho, have changed things up a little this week so that I have Tetras at work for my lunch now- meaning I don't have to lug around my shaker with me, had a choc mint shake for brekkie and will have apple and cinnamon porridge for dinner, along with a large amount of water and lots of green tea to keep me going. *I must not cheat* is my mantra today. If I can get through the day I will be hugely proud of myself :)

On another note, I am looking forward to a day off work on Wednesday - my mum and I are going to London for the day to look around Kensington Palace. So that should be fun, I plan to have an SS+ day as she wants to grab some lunch while we are in london, so a chicken salad it is for me, will be weird to have something at lunchtime and a shake for dinner so we shall see how that goes!

Hope you are all doing well / on track :)

Good luck today hope :) the food demons are a pest lol. The trip to London sounds fun and the chicken salad sounds like a good plan :) hope the work day passes quick :) xx

I survived yesterday! Woohoo - even though when I got home and had my porridge, it crossed my mind to just order a dominos, lol. But I didn't!

Today is a lot better to be honest, Work has passed quite quickly (have loads of conference calls to do) so that has kept my mind off of things, just looking forward to my day off tomorrow now. Have been repeating the mantra- only SS+ options will pass my lips! :D and hopefully I will stick to it. Heres hoping the weather in London isn't too bad so me and my mum can have a good old nosey around without getting drenched.

Well done, glad you have had a nice day :) in drinking my water and hopefully shrinking lol :) the scales are not moving but I'm on the TOM week eeeesh! X

Back