Lets See How Long I Can Keep This Up!

I've just been reminded about something that happened yesterday.

I bought a new motorbike! And then went to buy all of the gear that I will need. I started looking at jackets in the womens section...... size 18. OK, I'm an 18 at the mo, lets give this a go. COULDN'T EVEN GET IT ACROSS MY BOOBS!!! Absolutely mortified.

Ended up with the sales assistant trying to find something that would fit. After trying about 10 mens jackets I managed to find a huge one that fit. I bought it on the spot as I just wanted to get out of there. Didn't even look at the trousers.

I would like to avoid situations like this in future. Need to get down to a much smaller size, although I doubt that the boobs will shrink much :-(

I'm sorry! i know how mortifying that can be... In your defense though, depending on the brand, motorcycle jackets can be small, I see the different sizes on my husband's.
But this will soon change right? Oh and boobs shrink big time!

Oh dear, that sounds horrific you poor thing! It won't take long for things to change now you're on exante so just think positive :)

I have always found motorbike jackets to be cut exceedingly small... and do the ladies jackets consider we have boobs? Erm no.
Enjoy your new bike... lucky duck!

So I ate a lot, drank a lot & got sick this weekend! Was up all night with a temperature, so am off work today feeling sorry for myself while coughing my guts up on the sofa.

But on a positive note I weighed in at 230lbs!!! That's over 2 stone lost this year so far & im now under 16.5 stone. It's moving in the right direction again, so I'm very pleased :)

2 stone lost so far this year is incredible, congratulations! I've not yet been going a week so have nothing to compare it to, but hope I can do as well as you.

I've promised myself that I won't go shopping for new clothes until I've lost 2 stone. I've probably got an entire wardrobe of clothes that are a bit snug anyway to see me through till then. Stores are so inconsistent when it comes to sizing and it can be so demoralising to lose lots of weight only to find you don't drop dress sizes because one store cuts their items to entirely different measurements to another. So your post reminds me that instead of going by dress sizes, I should probably take my own measurements and base my success on those shrinking, rather than my dress size!

Anyway, I think I'd be kind of pleased if it was my boobs struggling to be contained in a jacket rather than my waist :)

Enjoy the new bike!

Feel better soon!

Yay, I'll be happy when I'm there as well. A whole other stone to go before though! o_O
One day at a time
Really hope you feel better. What happened?

I got man flu :-( it's before 5am & I'm sat on my sofa eating Ben & Jerrys frozen yoghurt as it's the only thing that makes my throat stop hurting. Lemsip & panadol weren't even touching it & I've had almost no sleep for 2 days now. The temps down now though which is good! But I think that it's trying to go to my ears so I'll be off to the Doctors today. I'm prone to Bronchitis & ear infections so I'd rather knock this than put up with the usual 'oh you will be fine in a week or two'. Seriously, who has that amount of time to lie in bed & be sick?!

Did you catch cold riding your new motorcycle? :whistle:
No but seriously hope you get well soon! You don't want to have it get worse - only kids have time to get sick :rolleyes:
Xx

Well done on the two stone loss, that's fabulous!!

Congrats on the 2 stone loss, hope you feel better soon.

If you're prone to ear infections it is a good idea to get to the doc's. I have permanent hearing loss in my right ear from an ear infection I didn't bother the doctor about.

Still feeling like crap sadly :-( not sleeping cos I'm coughing so much, so I'm not at work either. I feel bad for not being there, but apparently I've already given the plague to 2 other members of the Department so I feel that my work is already done there ;-)

On a weightloss front I'm managing to stay relatively good. Only a few deviations for throat comfort needed :) actually looking forward to weighing in on Monday!

You must have gotten it bad then! Well hope you're on the mend soon - I heard the flu this year is bad (isn't it always?) particularly with a long lasting cough, so take care!

Get well soon :)

How are you feeling now? Have you managed to shake the man-flu?

X

'Man flu' finally shaken & back on the diet! Only put on 3lbs while I was sick, so that's not too bad. I decided to eat normally while I was sick to try & get better quicker.

I have 9 days until the wedding so need to push myself. I'm sure that I can do well over the next week, but just in case I have several backup dresses which will work :)

Glad you're feeling better.

If your unwell for any length of time eating normally is the best thing as you need your strength to fight off the bugs.

3lbs will be off in no time :)

Back