Lindsay's progress

Well I shredded .. But I don't feel great and have sinusitis ... I'm feeling lik utter crap now ... Shredding when I'm not well wasn't one of my better ideas :-(

Maybe not but you've done it now so well done. Im in bed with un sleepy no.3 child-sigh...
Gillian x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How are you feeling today?

G x

Hi x bit better than yday thanks x face hurts less although my nose aches x was up at 6am again coughing ... Was waking my hub so got up x feel tired x

Right ... My daily calorie burn when not at work over these past two days according to my fitbit is seems to be 1700... I'm assuming that's my TDEE... I think this is shocking ..!!! Fat to fit had me at 1900 which was slightly better ..!! But to lose 1lb a week and minus 500 cals would take me to 1200... I was starving when I was eating 1200... I think I need to do more ,.!!!
Today I drove to my mums ... Sat and chatted and ate lunch ten drove home and then I sorted the washing out... Well fitbit says I've only done 2000 steps .... I think I'm quite sedentary ... I need to walk more ... I did 6000 yday
I kept my fitbit on yday for my shred which took my activity up to 2000 cals so I think I need to workout every day ... I'm horrified that on my days off from work and when I don't work out I burn so little ..!!!
Well I lost 2.4lbs since 2nd jan so I must be doing something right .. God knows what ... Sigh

Im on day 9 of 30 day shred and almost gave up yesterday. Im forcing myself to do it though. My knee problems have gone since working out daily so I think I just needed to work out more. My sinuses play up sometimes and I hate it, nothing ever helps and I just have to wait til it passes. Hope your feeling better!

Im on day 9 of 30 day shred and almost gave up yesterday. Im forcing myself to do it though. My knee problems have gone since working out daily so I think I just needed to work out more. My sinuses play up sometimes and I hate it, nothing ever helps and I just have to wait til it passes. Hope your feeling better!

Thanks a bit better today.. Hurts less x
I'm in nights tomorrow to two nights so hoping I'm feeling a lot better by tomorrow ..! X

On nights tonight and tomorrow night ... Always a testing time with eating ... Will take healthy food and ignore the sweets etc :-D ill try anyway lol

my partner does 12 hr night shifts and never knows what to eat at 1am! I need to do day 10 of 30 day shred level 1 today - cant wait to get it over with!

I start 7 nights next fri! I'm going to try pre organise meals before..... But we're see sat night at work is picnic night so ill have to really make lots of sw friendly things

I start 7 nights next fri! I'm going to try pre organise meals before..... But we're see sat night at work is picnic night so ill have to really make lots of sw friendly things

SEVEN..????
I'm so glad I'm part time :) I'm only doing two ... But the should be interesting ... Girls wiith 6inch heels out on a fri and sat night V snow and ice :-D

Right ... My daily calorie burn when not at work over these past two days according to my fitbit is seems to be 1700... I'm assuming that's my TDEE... I think this is shocking ..!!! Fat to fit had me at 1900 which was slightly better ..!! But to lose 1lb a week and minus 500 cals would take me to 1200... I was starving when I was eating 1200... I think I need to do more ,.!!!
Today I drove to my mums ... Sat and chatted and ate lunch ten drove home and then I sorted the washing out... Well fitbit says I've only done 2000 steps .... I think I'm quite sedentary ... I need to walk more ... I did 6000 yday
I kept my fitbit on yday for my shred which took my activity up to 2000 cals so I think I need to workout every day ... I'm horrified that on my days off from work and when I don't work out I burn so little ..!!!
Well I lost 2.4lbs since 2nd jan so I must be doing something right .. God knows what ... Sigh

Lindsay, don't fret. I have the nike fuelband and it's the same. I've stopped looking at cals/steps as its gotta be wrong. I'm just trying to 'get' as many fuel points as I can above my daily target. That way at least it motivates me to 'move more' as in walking to school/shop the odd time instead of car.
For example last Saturday it says I burned 1299 cals, travelling 7.4km. That absolutely can't be right as I did a 6km run. I accepted it as usually use treadmill (as I'm not actually going anywhere).
And it would make my tdee -20% about 800 cals!

Gillian x

Lindsay, don't fret. I have the nike fuelband and it's the same. I've stopped looking at cals/steps as its gotta be wrong. I'm just trying to 'get' as many fuel points as I can above my daily target. That way at least it motivates me to 'move more' as in walking to school/shop the odd time instead of car. For example last Saturday it says I burned 1299 cals, travelling 7.4km. That absolutely can't be right as I did a 6km run. I accepted it as usually use treadmill (as I'm not actually going anywhere). And it would make my tdee -20% about 800 cals! Gillian x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Hi girls.. with the Nike fuel band & the fitbit you're meant to remove them during workouts and exercise, and instead wear a heart rate monitor for a more accurate calorie burn.. So wear the band & fitbit all day, and during sleep, and it'll accurately track daily steps etc, but then during workouts remove them & use a HRM instead. I think on the fitbit app you can add activities like workouts & how many calories you burned during so it'll add it onto your fitbit TDEE total :) xx

No-fuel band do say its not accurate for some activities-treadmill, cycling etc as part of its calculation equation is arm movement.
While a HRM is much more accurate, I like the simplicity of just one thing, although might dig out my shoe sensor for treadmill accuracy.
For me, as long as it motivates me to 'move more'-for now-is enough.

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi girls.. with the Nike fuel band & the fitbit you're meant to remove them during workouts and exercise, and instead wear a heart rate monitor for a more accurate calorie burn.. So wear the band & fitbit all day, and during sleep, and it'll accurately track daily steps etc, but then during workouts remove them & use a HRM instead. I think on the fitbit app you can add activities like workouts & how many calories you burned during so it'll add it onto your fitbit TDEE total :) xx

Without the exercise it calculated 1700 cals all day..!!!
Actually thinking about it ... Tdee with exercise is 1900 ... And fitbit added on 200 cals for my HIIT workout therefore ordinary burn is around 1700 and with excercise WAS 1900 ... Oh god I dunno what I'm talking about :-( I will take off my fitbit for exercise and wear HRM .... But then my fitbit will look even more pathetic :-(

Lindsay,

You are not lazy!!!
Can't u just use it to make you move a bit more and forget about the specifics?
While my results ate similar (and I think out activity levels are pretty similar too) and despite me thinking the cals/steps are lower than REAL, I can compare my results to the average of other users on the site and I'm way above. Surely that's something?

G x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Haha...just found you here :) hope you're doing ok? Saw you've not been well :( Regarding fitbit I'm sure it's amazing, but should you be relying on it for your tdee? Also on your rest days if you're not doing as much isn't it more representative of your basal metabolic rate? I class myself as 'lightly active' but I'm not that everyday....have you got figures from your days/nights working? It would be interesting to see what they are. Sorry, you may have already posted that, I've only gone back a page...are you on a night tonight? ;)

Hi all .. Thanks for the advice ... The fitbit is definitely making me move more ..!!
Interestingly .. Last night when I went to work it read about 1700 ish and from 9pm to midnight with two rounds if very vigorous CPR (sad) it said over 2000 cals x
I'm going to just use it as a guide I think x
Another night shift tonight ... And I'm done til back on days on Tuesday x haven't been bad food wise ... Could have been better tho lol those tangfastics a colleague brought in we're screaming my name lol

Back