Don't blame you ;) Aldi & Lidl are just the same as Netto really xx

Todays food
B - shake
D - 2 ryvita, Philly light
T - sweet chilli chicken, baby new potatoes, 3 veg
S - lf yogurt, satsuma, blueberries

Menu looking brill today :) x

Definitely a good day :) x

Menus great. Why not add some tomato, beetroot and a few olives to your ryvita and Philly lunch. It will bulk it up with good GL choices.
Enjoy the weekend.

irish molly said:
Menus great. Why not add some tomato, beetroot and a few olives to your ryvita and Philly lunch. It will bulk it up with good GL choices.
Enjoy the weekend.

Thanks I will give olives & beetroot a try, I've not really eaten them as when I first tried them years ago I never liked them!x

Now there's a thought - beetroot! That's something I forget about! Also if it were the pickled type, do I remember you saying something somewhere Molly, about vinegar lowering the overall GI of a meal???

Zebs07 said:
Now there's a thought - beetroot! That's something I forget about! Also if it were the pickled type, do I remember you saying something somewhere Molly, about vinegar lowering the overall GI of a meal???

Yes adding acidity such as lemon juice or vinegars to a high carb meal can lower glycaemic response by up to 30%. I've just copied that from my GL book :)

x__lis__x said:
Yes adding acidity such as lemon juice or vinegars to a high carb meal can lower glycaemic response by up to 30%. I've just copied that from my GL book :)

Ah ha .. superb! Didn't realise it was that much! Vinegar on my chippy then ... Lol x

Today's food

B- porridge w blueberries
D - shake
T - fish & baby pots & 3 veg
S - lf yog, grapes

Weighed in today and +3lb.
I'm not scared though as TOTM at min.

I'm off to Manchester for weekend tomoz with OH to watch dancing on ice sat. Having meal out & alcohol for 1st time this year! Hotel booked so we can go clothes shopping for me on sun, I still haven't bought anything other than one dress since I lost weight & that's too big now too! Will be nice to have a bit of quality on our own while Ashley stays over at his aunties :)

Starting couch to 5k on Monday too, going to buy some decent trainers this weekend, I'm really looking forward to it as where I live I'm surrounded by fields so will be nice x

You're not exactly starting from 'couch' so you should get on really well with that :)

Have a great weekend - buy loads, you deserve it! xx

Back from a lovely weekend away :)
Dancing on ice was fab really enjoyed it, food and drink bad but not terribly bad a couple of treats here n there. Back on track tomoz and starting the couch to 5k too. Bought a few nice clothes too, all size 12 which was my goal so really pleased :) x

Today's food

B - cheerios
D - ryvita, Philly
T - fish, 3 veg, baby pots
Grapes, satsuma, lf yog

Up 1lb from the weekend so 4lbs up in total but hopefully a couple at least will be gone by fri :)

Well day one of couch to 5k done this morning, made my little Ashley watch me out the window as I jogged and walked up and down the drive! Really enjoyed it so think I could get into this jogging malarkey :)

B - porridge & blueberries
D - ryvita & philly
T - chicken salad, new pots
S - grapes, lf yogurt

Food shopping later so may be some other healthy bits added in x

Well done on day 1 completed :) - have you got a very long drive or did you turn round lots? ;) xx

JanD said:
Well done on day 1 completed :) - have you got a very long drive or did you turn round lots? ;) xx

Hee hee, it's about 7 car lengths so decent enough to start off with then as I progress I'll hit the open road!

Done the asda shop, lots of lovely food, I surprise myself sometimes, I didn't buy one naughty thing for me at all and I didn't even realise that until I got it unpacked, I guess I have learnt something from my time away from food, makes me really proud of myself :) x

Well done you :) xx

Today's food

B - porridge & raspberries
D - ryvita, sweet chilly philly, bit of salad, going to try beetroot.
T - garlic & herb chicken, 3 veg, few new pots
S - grapes, lf yog

Well done on being as good as possible on your weekend away. It is great being able to shop without buying all the naughty stuff. You seem very much in control right now so good for you. Good on you for the couch to five k.
Menu looks good today. If following gl, go easy on the grapes as they are high sugar so maybe mix them with fruit like pear or some berries.

Back