Lisa's pregnancy diary!

haha< itl be over before you know it! and youl be back to 'normal' life!!!

so glad you feel happier today .. ooooo you must be getting impatient now!

Well I didn't get my sweep yesterday. Instead I slipped in the snow on the way to the hospital (didn't hurt myself or bump, just a bruised ego and a wet bum) and somehow got my little lady to unengage from my pelvis. Honestly did not know that could happen. The consultant didn't even bother with the sweep as it wouldn't do anything while she's still 'free'. Lots of waddling around needed to engage her before next Wednesday now so they can try again because if it doesn't go ahead then the induction next Friday will be knocked back a week. Not sure how I can walk in knee deep snow on crutches, so I'm currently wearing myself out doing laps of the house. And just to top things off, we're unable to get home as the snow is bad on our little lane and I'm not only scared off slipping walking back down it but scared of not getting out again if she decides to make an appearance. So we're camped out at my Mums till it clears. On the upside, she lives a mile down a relatively flat, main road from the labour ward so even if things get SERIOUSLY bad with the weather, which isn't all that unlikely, I'll be getting towed there on a sledge! I love winter!!

my goodness me. You really do have it all going on!

send some of that snow my way, i want a snow day!
My best friends lil lady made an appearance today! im so happy for her.
6lbs 9oz, baby Isabella. :eek:)

Hope thats you soon!! you must be next in line now surly!xxx

Congrats to your friend, bet you're loving the cuddles! I love the name Isabella. Our eldest is Imogen and gets called Immy though- I'm not sure having an Immy and an Izzy would work very well.

Well I'm having a few more tightenings this evening, they're spreading right down through my abdomen and into my pelvis. Dosed up to high heaven on Codeine again- surely this isn't very safe for baby? Its the only way I can get any rest though. 39 weeks tomorrow, and just 7 days until we meet our little madam should everything go according to plan. I'm crossing everything (except my legs ;) )for a little bit of good luck because it would certainly not go amiss right about now.

Happy to announce that Poppy Georgina arrived yesterday (10.12.10) at 4pm and weighing 8lb 8oz. We had a very traumatic birth and are still in hospital, but we're both going well. I'll update you all with more pictures and the full story when we're home. Hope everyone else is well x

Attachments

• image-3874706020.jpg
    image-3874706020.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 33
OMG lisa she is BEAUTIFUL!

I hope the birth wasnt too awful and you recover quickly so you can get home!

i got my positive yesterday at 4pm! How bizare!!!! im 4wks +2!

Congratulations Lisa! She is gorgeous and a lovely name :D Hope you can now get to rest and have a great christmas all together x

Many Congrats Lisa she is absolutely beautiful. I hope that you are both doing well & are home soon XXXX

Well Poppy Georgina is now 8 weeks old and full of beautiful smiles. I never got around to filling everyone in with our birth experience, after finally getting home I caught swine flu and was in bed bound over Christmas and new year. To cut a long story short, I had a lovely quick and pain relief free labour (45 minutes from first contraction to delivery) but hemorrhaged badly while delivering the placenta. I lost over 2 litres of blood and didn't get to hold my beautiful baby girl for nearly seven hours post delivery. I only very narrowly avoided surgery, they had theatre staff scrubbed in and waiting but luckily the team of amazing Drs who were looking after me managed to get things under control without it going that far.

Because I was so ill when we got home, I had to give up breastfeeding when Poppy was 4 days old. I wasn't making enough milk and I was so ill that I was struggling to even pick her up to feed her. We took the decision to switch to FF so h2b could help out and we haven't looked back since. I'd love to be breastfeeding her like my others, but we're bonding just fine on FF and she is thriving, so we're all happy.

Its been really difficult to get a diet and exercise routine started, once I recovered I was thrown straight into school runs and housework. I never seem to have a spare minute, so convience food has been the only option. I have been getting out for lots of long walks while DD2 is at nursery in the afternoon and I'm hoping to get the all clear from the Dr this week to start Slimming World.

I've popped on a few times over the weeks to catch up on everyone's diaries. Hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancies and LO's.

Attachments

• 41467_100000894880161_1333_q.jpg
    41467_100000894880161_1333_q.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 57
Goodness knows how that picture of DD1 and my mum got there, it was supposed to be this....

Attachments

• image-3052821786.jpg
    image-3052821786.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 41
Aw she's lovely!

Glad to hear you are on the mend Lisa.

FF is not a bad thing in and of itself - its a very personal decision to breastfeed/FF and sometimes circs are outwith our control.

As long as she's happy and healthy! And you too!

xXx

Back